DOI suggestion pvp server

Rolan001

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Kooki said:

Personally, i wouldnt be interested in a pvp server.

What's the thought process behind it bud? 

• Platinum VIP

I'm simply saying that I personally wouldn't want to participate in a PVP server.  For me at my age and ability at the game, I find that the difficulty level of both the commando and pvp servers is just to high.  I don't like the idea of shooting or playing at shooting at a real person.  To me that's getting just a little to close to real life.  I've never been one to do pvp on any of the mmo games I've played in the last 15 years.  So again, for me I'm personally just not interested in a pvp server. More power to those who like that though.  

I've had some other thoughts as well.  I find that I'm playing less and less on our european servers because of the number of ppl on the server.  I don't like the 16 on the battles.  There seems to be only limited spots from which to attack or repel enemies and with that many ppl I seem to be unable to find a spot w/o shooting someone in the head or just sitting around waiting for an opportunity to shoot at something, and usually getting dead because I'm taking extra risks trying to get a shot.  I will admit though that this is my problem and not a server problem.  I would rather play on an american server with only 8 and have a better opportunity to advance in rank and contribute to the team. No one likes to be dead all the time, which comes back to my original statements, I'm not that good of a player and struggle with play at times.

I think our recruiting  server might be better served by upping the bot count and lowering the bot reaction time just a bit to give players a chance to shoot rather than the bot shooting at the precise instant he sees you.  

Edited by Kooki
  • Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Kooki said:

I think our recruiting  server might be better served by upping the bot count and lowering the bot reaction time just a bit to give players a chance to shoot rather than the bot shooting at the precise instant he sees you.  

@Unknown@Mr.Karizmatic - Is this something easily doable? To make bots little easier so all can enjoy? 

1 hour ago, Kooki said:

I would rather play on an american server with only 8 and have a better opportunity to advance in rank and contribute to the team

The problem, I have seen with 8 slot server is it's hard to fill it unless u are ok playing with bots, lot's of time? I think 8 slot requires massive amount of collaboration and good recruiting so that next time it would be fun for you and others as well? What do you think? 

33 minutes ago, daredevil said:

@Unknown@Mr.Karizmatic - Is this something easily doable? To make bots little easier so all can enjoy? 

The problem, I have seen with 8 slot server is it's hard to fill it unless u are ok playing with bots, lot's of time? I think 8 slot requires massive amount of collaboration and good recruiting so that next time it would be fun for you and others as well? What do you think? 

Yes indeed, we can change bots to little easier. 

10 hours ago, redfromsvn said:

No member who I am in regular contact with will play PVP.

I can confirm this at least for myself.

• Platinum VIP

@daredevel,  i think you are wrong about the 8 slot server.I agree that it takes more team cooperation and thats fun too. I think the reason we went to the 16 slot is because this will allow more ppl to play.  Ive seen our 8 slot servers full most  of the time with some ppl waiting to join.  Hey, I'm just one person, dont mind me this is just my thoughts.  :) Do what everyone wants.

• Like 1

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Kooki said:

@daredevel,  i think you are wrong about the 8 slot server.I agree that it takes more team cooperation and thats fun too. I think the reason we went to the 16 slot is because this will allow more ppl to play.  Ive seen our 8 slot servers full most  of the time with some ppl waiting to join.  Hey, I'm just one person, dont mind me this is just my thoughts.  :) Do what everyone wants.

We value everyone's feed back, member or not member :) Feedback has no age, race, gene or tag limits.  We discussed this internally and I monitored server usage yesterday. We can host one US based DOI server. We do have enough room to host one more server but if in case machine sees higher CPU usage because we don't know how much CPU DOI server would take, we might pull the plug but that shouldn't happen 80%. Somethings are hard to guess until we try it. 

So end result is we are going to try it and see how it goes. I will set up new server sometime this week and hand over keys to our DOI team so they can configure it as per the feedback's in this topic.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Mr.Karizmatic said:

Yes indeed, we can change bots to little easier. 

Please go ahead and make bots little easier wherever possible. :)

On February 17, 2018 at 10:15 PM, sid316 said:

I myself want to play on server #2. What I meant was that server remains empty because new players are not able to pull team work and hence they get intimidated by the difficulty level.

I was trying to say something similar. Even experienced players don't like to use teamwork because we are used to the flow of server 1.

I think we should start athread

Discussing specific cvars and issues players are having. People in the know canrespond critically to concerns and rrequests

From there we could determine what could be appropriate for server 1, 2, (3), and pvp

• Like 2

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, redfromsvn said:

Definitely not. You can't just make a change like that based on just one person's opinion.

We are just making little easier so that it’s not aimbot style. Off course then we can change it back on some servers for competitive challenge. This way we have different servers with different settings rather then same settings.