iPhone 4

daredevil

• Administrators

Anyone ordered it? How is it? Looks like specs are good:

Looks like Apple has moved on from the Samsung-built ARM Cortex-A8-based CPU used in the 3GS to its custom A4 chip used in the iPad, which funnily enough... is an ARM Cortex-A8-based CPU. While the company hasn't yet said what the clock speed of the processor is, I am guessing it's something below the 1GHz touted for its tablet cousin. iPhone 4 has 512MB onboard, a big step up from the 256MB in the previous model and the iPad.

In terms of wireless, the iPhone 4 is packed with an 802.11n WiFi radio, as well as a quad-band HSUPA chip and Bluetooth 2.1.

It has LED backlit, 960 x 640 IPS screen the "Retina Display" due to its high resolution and pixel density. At the same 3.5-inches as the older screens, the new display manages an insane 326ppi pixel density along with an 800:1 contrast ratio. Steve made a huge point about the science behind this technology during his keynote, claiming that the resolution of the screen essentially tops what is perceivable by the human eye.

Share some reviews if anyone ordered it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a impressive phone, but i saw this yesterday Droid x is coming in a few weeks

http://www.dailytech.com/199+Motorola+Droid+X+Coming+July+15+White+iPhone+4+Delayed+Until+MidJuly/article18825.htm

My wife wants the iphone but we have verizon and i ant switchin !! So if i do get a new phone probably droid x for me. i think a guy at work has the new iphone 4 I wont see him for a week but when i do i will pick his brains and get his pov. he has had every iphone so far. I will let u know.

I have the 3rd generation ipod touch and have always loved it mainly for the games and apps out there, but unfortunately I am with T-mobile and I didn't really want to switch companies. If it came to t-mobile i would have gotten it, but instead I get the best of both worlds. Apps with my ipod touch and I have the HTC HD2 to messs around with cause the App store for Microsoft sucks to say the least...

Know someone with the 4G, but I'm on Spring so I'm going for the HTC EVO 4G, bout time I get a new phone even though the one I have now isn't a year old.

I think the iphones are kinda over rated, every where you go people have them. If you have the iphone and go somewhere most likely someone is going to say "oh you have the new iphone too!".

Thats why i might get the evo 4g, looks more appealing to me.

Edited by gigabyte