Enemy Territory - Busted private cheat users

daredevil

My first clan: House Of ROX used PunkBuster long after support was dropped by EvenBalance.

The lag from scanning was minor issue even with long list of cvars checked.

Enemy Territory still uses etkey for GUIDs(XPSave) but they're not generated automatically anymore.

The best part of PB is banmask, We had hundreds of partial IPs banned.

Server wasn't as busy as Jay1 so there was less chance of unwanted bans from banmask.

I think It's a shame that PB isn't used much anymore because It still works.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hi. I personally always use them though. My experience from the past says that you never know where or what could be coming next, especially in online games.

I play as a normal player, I don't break rules at all, always follow them, don't even use public chat :P only focusing on gameplay.

I have no problem with any of the autobans ( I don't use cheats) just trying to explain you why I personally use proxy services and why some people do.

You have a wonderful community, servers,  but after i saw the post, simply felt like posting a few of my words.

Thank you for the kinds words. I agree with you if you have access to only 1 IP address. 99% it's not the case. A simple reset on modems gives you new one now a days. For me, I don't add anyone in skype which I don't know so that's not much of an issue. 

We also have the ability to whitelist the IP's out of black list. But we do that on case by case basis. If someone is playing from work, with VPN and need to whitelist their IP they can always ask us and once verified all is good we whitelist it. But so far in last 4 year that's never happened or no one has asked to do it. 

Enemy Territory still uses etkey for GUIDs(XPSave) but they're not generated automatically anymore.

silEnT mod supports it - i.e. banmask. You don't need PB for it.  PB doesn't detect more then 50+ cheats for which we are applying auto ban. I have seen at least 30+ players playing on other popular ETPRO servers which are banned on our servers for good i.e. till 2020. 

silEnT mod uses silent key so no XP save issue. For other mods our AC generates it for them. 

• Like 4

My first clan: House Of ROX used PunkBuster long after support was dropped by EvenBalance.

The lag from scanning was minor issue even with long list of cvars checked.

Server wasn't as busy as Jay1 so there was less chance of unwanted bans from banmask.

For those couple's of old bots that anyone can spot that PB still detects, while at other side giving pain in the ass lags, it's not worth it.

• Like 2

Could be another one or same. We have pretty much banned up lot's of proxies but it's really impossible to ban all. It's cat and mouse game but we have more then 80 proxy servers banned and each 80 are subnet bans. 

Ex - 173.208.*.*

You play from any proxy from that subnet auto ban applied. Normal players wouldn't use proxy so no banned valid and good players. Plus we monitor logs to see if any valid player is connecting from those IP's and those IP's are still owned by Proxy servers and not re-assigned to public pool or someone else. 

I will check logs. Jay1? 

It was on silent.clan-fa.com.  The player flag was from Mexico and whoever it is/isn't, wasn't playing legit at the time.

Most of them that you encounter nowadays use humanized aim, not even wallhack, cause wallhack seems to be the easiest to bust - similar detection to pb_screenshots and silent mod anticheat wh detect?

I've seen on silent mod how people turn their humanized aim very high and they leave absolutely no trace to server. It doesn't even flag them as cheaters. I think in the end you can't catch them all anyway, or pokemon - gotta catch them all?

Humanized bots are actually pretty easy to catch being there's only a handful of settings that govern how they work.  

Humanized bots are actually pretty easy to catch being there's only a handful of settings that govern how they work.  

Depends on the settings they have and for unexperienced player they wont really spot a difference between a proper player and a person using humanized bot, it aint that easy to catch it and say 100% that a guy is not being skilled but is hacking if u dont have some good history behind it already to know exactly what to look after.

• Like 2

You speak nothing but the truth. I was only thinking about myself in that post :P

I don't know how knowledgeable F|A admins are on the subject but back when the American ET community became plagued with private hacks I took the time to learn all that crap and wouldn't mind training up some admins if needed.

• Like 1

You speak nothing but the truth. I was only thinking about myself in that post :P

I don't know how knowledgeable F|A admins are on the subject but back when the American ET community became plagued with private hacks I took the time to learn all that crap and wouldn't mind training up some admins if needed.

There's couple of us that are aware of settings from humanized bots, I have done with CB and CG tons of it over, but even when u have a team, specifically set for busting players via reviewing demos, u still can't say 100% sure over certain actions that it's a bot, as it can all come down to a random moment or snap and for that it wasn't enough to put a ban hammer over certain individuals.

• Like 1

I can say for certain that F|A is the only community out there that takes the time to investigate each case instead of banning anyone they deem suspicious. Seriously, I've tested this :P. The only one.

It seems we are on the same page on this topic but let me know if you ever need a hand. I enjoy this sorta sh** more than I should :)

• Like 3

Are 51 and 52 recent? I've seen both those alias's on silent or hardcore in the past day or two.

well, i somtimz do use RaZiel alias :) and im a hc regular (hope its not me!! ;p)

well, i somtimz do use RaZiel alias :) and im a hc regular (hope its not me!! ;p)

Then it probably was you lol. I added "playing legit" for the chance it wasn't the same person.

• Leader

Then it probably was you lol. I added "playing legit" for the chance it wasn't the same person.

Both are not to be confused with our co-Leader, Raziel !   :D

• Like 2

• Clan Friend

Depends on the settings they have and for unexperienced player they wont really spot a difference between a proper player and a person using humanized bot

Obviously, but if they set it too low and they are bad they would still suck even with the bot, maybe they would get the occasional extra hit but nothing more, otherwise it's easily spotted, especially if the user is low----- without it.

And then also if you see someone who can't even hold a mouse and they couldn't trickjump even if their life depended on it, but when they shoot they are able to move well by magic then it's rather suspicious, not to mention the fact that bots move in specific ways.

Anyway, it matters only if we are talking about banning from demos, because anticheats don't care if a bot is humanized or not, a cheat is a cheat and they bust.

• Like 3

RaZiel seems to still be around.  Could just be a popular name these days too :>

Raziel was the name of a guy who used to play the original RTCW multiplayer, he had godlike aim but he wasnt a cheater by any means.

Look up "aiming by raziel"

• Like 1