Need an answer asap (before about 22 hours)

FireWienie

Alright, so my friend tried getting Word 2013 for free, but quote unquote, he said he was desperate and wasnt looking at what he was dling. I'll get to the point

This is based off the information he gave me

There's a blue screen telling him if he wants to remove the virus, call this number. Obviously he isnt gonna call them for help as it's most probably a scam, so he asked me for help. Now the thing is, I need some of your guys help. How exactly can I get rid of the blue screen virus without resetting his entire computer? I know I should go on safe mode, but I dont know what to do after that.

Help would be great and I appreciate your guy's time.

I'd recommend going to a local IT store, they have programs that can remove these kind of virusses.

No clue how to do it yourself but the above is a guarantee to fix it for a relatively small price.

I'd recommend going to a local IT store, they have programs that can remove these kind of virusses.

No clue how to do it yourself but the above is a guarantee to fix it for a relatively small price.

I saw a couple of videos and fixing it yourself isn't too hard, but it is somewhat risky. Other than that I'm just trying to find out whether there are other solutions that can be done other than paying as for now I doubt my friend will pay to get it fixed.

I had some issuesike that, I'm a noob in this field but when something like that happened to me i went contol panel/add-remove programs/components and I would delete anything I didn't know what it is, and it worked for me everytime. Than after I got tired of that I bought antivirus cleaned pc and now I'm fine.. Once again idk is this problem even similair whst I had but nothing cost to try it..

get an external usb drive.

Download

Malwarebytes: https://www.malwarebytes.org/dl-confirm/

superantispyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/

Start PC in safemode with networking, connect usb and install those on the infected PC. Run/update programs and then Full scan pc with one, then the other. I'd use SAS first then MWB. Each MWB/SAS are complimentary to one another and will generally catch most nasty bastards.

• Like 8

I have removed viruses going in safe mode and find file I downloaded in c drive and delete any part of it it will let me..even subfiles then do system restore to time before and when reboot run malwarebytes..then I use Advance System Care free to clean up and then do defrag.I would never advise use ccleaner..I never had one I couldn't defeat this way..good luck

Alright, so my friend tried getting Word 2013 for free, but quote unquote, he said he was desperate and wasnt looking at what he was dling. I'll get to the point

This is based off the information he gave me

There's a blue screen telling him if he wants to remove the virus, call this number. Obviously he isnt gonna call them for help as it's most probably a scam, so he asked me for help. Now the thing is, I need some of your guys help. How exactly can I get rid of the blue screen virus without resetting his entire computer? I know I should go on safe mode, but I dont know what to do after that.

Help would be great and I appreciate your guy's time.

I would get malwarebytes like SID said, fixed a trojan.download and malware :D

Ah good ol Ransomware. Sometimes the only way to get rid of it is to pay, or erase the computer. The ransomware software remover is real hit or miss.

this virus that you say 

i got that in past to but i remove it ho sid say above 

so dont worry about 22 hours ore what it say as you do notting no calling dont pay for it 

than there is no problems so get a anti spyware and remove it you got time . 

good luck ;)

Ah good ol Ransomware. Sometimes the only way to get rid of it is to pay, or erase the computer. The ransomware software remover is real hit or miss.

Try Sid's. It's what I do and works every time. However, I have not had a ransomware in 3-4 years and Kraykray might have the only solution to these newfangled ones.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Download

Malwarebytes: https://www.malwarebytes.org/dl-confirm/

superantispyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/

Start PC in safemode with networking, connect usb and install those on the infected PC. Run/update programs and then Full scan pc with one, then the other. I'd use SAS first then MWB. Each MWB/SAS are complimentary to one another and will generally catch most nasty bastards.

Exactly the same programs I was going to suggest. Also, look for anything running in task manager that shouldn't be there, and clear all cache and cookies with Ccleaner and disk cleanup in admin mode

Download

Malwarebytes: https://www.malwarebytes.org/dl-confirm/

superantispyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/

Thanks for everything, never fail to impress me <3

Also thanks to everyone else for the answer :]

this virus that you say 

i got that in past to but i remove it ho sid say above 

so dont worry about 22 hours ore what it say as you do notting no calling dont pay for it 

than there is no problems so get a anti spyware and remove it you got time . 

good luck ;)

Also it isnt 22 hours until i have to call, just the fact im going to my friends house tomorrow to fix it and I wanted a sollution before i got there

• Like 2

this is ho it looks like 

you get this on your pc a fake politie report  

1. step dont answer on it 

2. dont pay for it  . as you pay you lose your money and virus will be  on your pc .

as it is on your pc you can not do anything on your pc 

only remove it with anti virus that is made to remove that . ;)

yust good info to share

post-15863-0-18428800-1460164781_thumb.jpeg

It's possible to remove it with one of the ransomware removers. But the virus adapts just as quickly and sometimes one of the anti virus won't remove it. I got one about two months ago from an audio codec I had download, and tried Malwarebytes, and a couple others, and it would NOT remove the virus. I had to reformat my SDD to get rid of it. Luckily all that was on that was the OS for the most part and everything else.was backed up to my Google Drive. I actually live with someone who is the CIO for aa hot Urgent Care company, and he evrn couldn't get it off. Read the stories all the time where some big company has to pay the ransom because the data that the virus encrypted was important. Most recently the hospital in California.

• Like 1