ET Server Suggestion Silent 1 maps

Maximo Decimo

Ok and as for an actual map suggestion:

password :) 

I been wanting to play that map lol

i also like the idea of adding some more rtcw maps? :) 

Something I noticed:

FIltering maps by size might not be a good idea on silent 1. People have a tendency to leave randomly. For example, just played adren with 15vs15, goldrush was voted, we playing 9vs9 which would be perfect for beerrun but that is part of the low player count map, so was not voteable.
(But testing settings for a  week or 2 is always good, and then note the response)

Another thing, why is the settings for rnade suddenly changed? It's only possible to have one rnade now per team(atleats with 12vs12)?

Edited by MosesIsComingLookBusy

Maps have always been filtered in silent1, that's not a new setting. I only removed some maps

3 minutes ago, Cocanation said:

Maps have always been filtered in silent1, that's not a new setting. I only removed some maps

Ah ok, just noticed it was less maps to be voted on, and it seemed to be filtered (but I do have bad eyesight and getting old, might be a reason).

• 3 weeks later...

capuzzo airport is a complete server killer, just did it again had 34 ppl now its mostly bots.. 

Throw It Out There We Go GIF by Progressive

put it in the trash where it belongs! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

went from 31 to this..

how much do we got to pay $$ to toss this out ugh 

image.thumb.png.7476e95fa32fb0ccf3696df92a51a4aa.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Capuzzo is a part of the Italy map pack so it makes perfect sense 🤪.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, knw said:

Capuzzo is a part of the Italy map pack so it makes perfect sense 🤪.

It makes no sense. Fight me. 

Girl Fight Fighting GIF by Shalita Grant

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shoresy said:

how much do we got to pay $$ to toss this out ugh

Beat @Cocanation until he says yes.

Gengis

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

18 hours ago, Shoresy said:

It makes no sense. Fight me. 

Girl Fight Fighting GIF by Shalita Grant

I should've quoted your OG post. I meant that Italy and Capuzzo are both bad and they both take place in the wolfEt version of Italy, they are basically an extension of eachother lol. Come to think of it, three really big maps are on Italian battlefields (Capuzzo, Venice, Italy). 

I don't dislike italian maps, I just get fed up with the wall of spam that big maps allow for. It becomes a deadlock (like on jay1) which makes it hard for anyone to move the needle.

I get that the version of ET I like isn't the same as everyone else's though.

• Like 1

i'll give it 1 more week, then we can switch some maps too (including capuzzo and kerkyra, i dont remember if i removed it already), so any new suggestions would be great.
I'd like to add back eagle 2ways, and try western and library

• Like 1

That does make more sense I did not think about them all being oriented around Italy lol. 

Many years ago, I did not mind Italy as it was a good grind map for Allies. It is simply just a drag now, a smaller timescale with map progression would do that map a ton of good.

Airport is simply just garbage and should be treated as such. 

Venice isn't too terrible aside the Axis spawn being way to close to the Relic Obj that Ally has to steal for the boat completion. Once you get stuck on that spot, it becomes a drag. That or the spot right where tank goes under the underpass before it knocks the gate down capturing the forward spawn. Of course, once boat goes through barrier 2 you may as well call good game cuz at that point now Axis doesn't stand a chance either so long as there is 5 or more mins left.

Obviously, it's hard to capture all these conflicts together when creating a map but it almost seems they didn't think of it at all with these lol.  

• ET Member

Italy, Airport, and Venice.  All great maps, big and fun.  Makes allies work harder to get the obj.  regardless of spam.

I'd prefer a harder fought map, then a small map with 12v12 where you cant advance to anything.  

Every map has its pro/cons.    Only maps I don't care for are Radar, Railgun, baserace.  and the 1st two can't be deleted.  :(

But I'll tolerate any other map.

You mentioned eagles 2 ways.  I think that's been on before and if I recall, it was a server killer as well.

Like airport, I enjoy the map, it's hard to win all the time. and like shorresy said, sometimes it kills the server, then the other day we had 12v12.

Just depends on who's on when.  

People end up whining about maps all the time on the server, and they sit spec for a few minutes, then the ultimately join and play.

Can't make everyone happy.

Appreciate what you do Coca with changing things up. 

/m Coca Don't delete airport :O)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Renegade Pig said:

/m Coca delete airport :O)

agreed^^ fantastic idea @Renegade Pig ❤️ 

• Haha 1
  • 100 1