ET Server Suggestion Silent 1 maps

Maximo Decimo

6 minutes ago, Shoresy said:

Base race has significant chances of killing the ETL server when it pops up

Bro, you know the suggestion is to add baserace on s1, right? Not on ETL?  If i misunderstood what you said, my fault. 

• Platinum VIP
3 minutes ago, !MX said:

Bro, you know the suggestion is to add baserace on s1, right? Not on ETL?  If i misunderstood what you said, my fault. 

misunderstood him, He was giving the example of the map on another server and it being a killer, keeping that in mind if they add the map to S1 it could kill a server or with the right people be popular. I also agree it needs DJ, BUT still worth the challenge and satisfaction of getting the objectives the OG way, I don't think they'd ever add DJ for just 1 map lol

4 minutes ago, CrypticEve said:

misunderstood him, He was giving the example of the map on another server and it being a killer, keeping that in mind if they add the map to S1 it could kill a server or with the right people be popular. 

Okay, but we can´t compare s1 with ETL. We can´t compare any server, each one has their own particularities, diff servers, diff mods, more populated, besides talking about same map. 

I already experienced baserace on s1 and i know what happens. But, i would like to try, giving a shot to @HaLLoWeeN and then, he can reaches the same conclusion. 

Edited by !MX
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
1 minute ago, !MX said:

Okay, but we can´t compare s1 with ETL. We can´t compare any server, each one has their own particularities, diff servers, diff mods, more populated, besides talking about same map. 

I already experienced baserace on s1 and i know what happens. But, i would like to try, giving a shot to @HaLLoWeeN and then, he can reaches the same conclusion. 

true, but only time will tell if it is added, Id love nothing more than to be able to play baserace on S1 , I also would love to see Cortex on it ( but has been shot down many times ) I agree with what you said before, exchange it with a least voted map, give it a time-line to see how it goes and if it fails, no harm no foul. Replace it with another map and see if people would be interested in it. There are many maps not voted and I can only play when there are bots. I get bored with the same rotation of maps and would love to have new ones on to be able to choose from. 

I was comparing as they are similar in relevant towards the same crowd of players. Along with same playstyle. AKA no double jump in particular. 

You certainly misunderstood the entire comment. Bro.

As I said, we should add it. With the simple idea of monitoring how the server population goes when it does come around to being played. That's all.

Edited by Shoresy

ETL and S1 is not similar. HC and ETL is more similar, but yet not so.

Ive played baserace on s1 with almost full server. I think it will be good to add since it will be something different to the 7  maps that sre veing plsyed. People are gettting bored of the same small maps. People been starting to vote stock maps to change it up. Cspuzzo was recently added, seems quite popular.

Add baserace.

Please and thank you

Edited by MosesIsComingLookBusy
  • Like 1
  • 100 2

• ET Member

Its been on there before, and its killed the server over and over again.    Maps tend to get removed from rotation , not for people playing them, but for the lack of playing them.

You want to put it on, that's fine, but it will be gone sooner then later again, like it has in the past.

My 2Cents

• Like 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
22 minutes ago, Renegade Pig said:

Its been on there before, and its killed the server over and over again.    Maps tend to get removed from rotation , not for people playing them, but for the lack of playing them.

You want to put it on, that's fine, but it will be gone sooner then later again, like it has in the past.

My 2Cents

Simple question: If the server is jammed packed with players… How can Baserace be a server killer if the mentioned map has accumulated the most votes in favour of wanting to be played? Thank you.

I have played Baserace on s1 before and yes , a lot of player tend to go to spec or just log off . However give it a shot again, most likely gonna be to same outcome however. My self likes baserace but I don't see it sticking around just speaking in general 😔

Edited by killaclown
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

went well :) Thank you for adding it AND the double jump! Seemed people enjoyed it ! 2024-03-27-130531-baserace.thumb.jpg.2c46427659195667ebc8e949bc3917f7.jpg

• Surprise 1
  • 100 3

2 minutes ago, CrypticEve said:

went well :) Thank you for adding it AND the double jump! Seemed people enjoyed it ! 2024-03-27-130531-baserace.thumb.jpg.2c46427659195667ebc8e949bc3917f7.jpg

but but .. double jump was only added for base.. right?!

• Platinum VIP
Just now, tEst453 said:

but but .. double jump was only added for base.. right?!

yes the other maps are only single jump 

• 100 1

On 3/26/2024 at 4:51 AM, TomekKromek said:

What version of RTCW Assault did you try?

just cleared all maps from my folder to declutter -- im pretty sure it was this one! 

6 hours ago, mraw435 said:

just cleared all maps from my folder to declutter -- im pretty sure it was this one! 

RTCW Assault Final - mp_assault_etversion.pk3 is not final. It has a lot of bugs.

Try - both looks the same for me (waypoints available)

mp_assault_rc1.pk3

mp_assault_fal.pk3

I see two problems with them. First one is that timelimit is set to 12 minutes. 20 or more would be better.
Second problem is "wm_setwinner 0" in map scprit where Axis attack. It has to be changed to "wm_setwinner 1".

There is one more. Beautiful map with a lot of objectives, great for crowded servers:

et_assault_beta4.pk3

• Like 1
  • 100 1