ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

@daredevil I went back in this thread and the following have been loaded up to Jay1 in previous years (with that said, I'd assume they will not cause issues.):

North Pole

UJE_Christmas

UJE Xmas Factory

UJE Castle Christmas 

UJE Christmas tank

I do not know the performance for oasis and fuel dump so we can leave those out!

Edited by mraw435
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, daredevil said:

@mraw435 - Are all this map tested for FPS and 64 player support ? i.e. not causing entity issue? 

The map North Pole is too small for our server... We played it on the other server around 40 people, and it was impossible for Axis to reach objective as there is only 2 paths to get there. 

Even though not strictly a Christmas map we can consider these really good winter themed maps: 

Security Radar 3 Final 🌟
A big objective map with many dimensions, possibilities and fun objectives

Tram Siege
A classic great winter map, with those lovely trams no one can resist!!

Glider
The fun large classic map that everyone loves, with the flying glider..!! Amazing objectives.

A final trumf card map:
Rocket Race

This is a small yet amazingly well made classic map, similar to Goldfinger, lots of action and fun. 
We know that ET Beach Invasion is a small map that works well, this map also works on big servers (just like Goldfinger), it pushes intensity and fun to a higher level. I believe we should try it out!

I agree on taking out these maps (but keeping Resurrection as it is an unique map): 

Capuzzo Airport

Pirates 

BBA

Venice
Goldrush

• Administrators
16 hours ago, mraw435 said:

@daredevil I went back in this thread and the following have been loaded up to Jay1 in previous years (with that said, I'd assume they will not cause issues.):

North Pole

UJE_Christmas

UJE Xmas Factory

UJE Castle Christmas 

UJE Christmas tank

I do not know the performance for oasis and fuel dump so we can leave those out!

I believe some had issues - when I had added that's why I had requested if has been re-evaluated. I know DF had suggested similar maps in past and when we added, hell break loose on server. Just would like to avoid the case. 

Northpole i know it works for 45 clients max.  I am not sure on other UJE ones. 

Line  65: #UJE_christmas,0,64,
Line 326: #UJE_christmas_tank, 0, 64,

Above 2 where removed quickly and below where added only for lower slots:

UJE_xmas_factory,0,32,

UJE_castle_xmas, 0, 51,

All 4 removed within Dec month in 2018 and 2020 I believe. So bit skeptical and need more clarity, once we re-test it. 

Also do u have access to our test server? If not, I can share the details with you. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@daredevil that makes sense and happy to avoid ww3 on the servers. I do not currently have the info for the FA test server but would be happy to run some tests and come up with a revised list that I can safely say work with jay1 settings/population (discord is almost always up and running for me to talk!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@daredevil After playing around --- definitely quite a few maps that cannot handle a fully populated jay1... after testing, I believe the below will work/be stable:

In/Out

UJE_00_Xmas, 24, 64/Capuzzo Airport, 12, 64

UJE_Amesterdam_xmas,0, 40/Pirates, 0, 40

Tram Seige (low_tram) (supports 64)/Venice, 0, 64

UJE_Temple_Xmas, 0, 44/FA_Temple, 18, 44

RocketRace (Supports 64)/BBA Castle

@tyrlop thanks for the rec's! and wanted to let you know, im not ignoring your post --- i tried out security radar and lagged a ton and glider i read was still quite unstable for jay1 😑 Rocketrace may cause a bottleneck but, as you stated, not dissimilar to ET Beach Invasion -- i think itd be fun to at least try! 

Links to the two maps that dont specify exact player count above:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

20 hours ago, mraw435 said:

In/Out

Tram Seige (low_tram) (supports 64)/Venice, 0, 64

RocketRace (Supports 64)/BBA Castle

@tyrlop thanks for the rec's! and wanted to let you know, im not ignoring your post --- i tried out security radar and lagged a ton and glider i read was still quite unstable for jay1 😑 Rocketrace may cause a bottleneck but, as you stated, not dissimilar to ET Beach Invasion -- i think itd be fun to at least try! 

Links to the two maps that dont specify exact player count above:

Your suggestions are amazing! I 100% Endorse them. 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Thanks for trying out the maps too! Too sad that both Glider and Security Radar seems to have some problems for Jaymod..! I hope it can be fixed in the future as both are amazing maps. 🤨

6 hours ago, Bunny said:

Like the map isnt hard enough already fot aliens XD

27vs27  90% time axis win, just gaming 30min ,its win if aliens got flag in 30min. ofc less players ,other situation

38 minutes ago, Johnwick said:

need christmas maps UP UP !

if this works for you johnny could u come do it on jay2 maps too plz.i been trying for 2 weeks to get em up on jay2.lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
4 hours ago, hobbit said:

I'd love to see UJE Christmas tank back this year, had a lot of fun on it last year

I I - added. Thanks. 

et_mor2_night_final,0,64,
supplydepot2,0,40,
fueldump,0,36,
sp_delivery_te,0,40,
pirates,0,40,
capuzzo,12,64,
fa_italy_b3,0,64,
fa_bremen_final,0,40,
adlernest,0,40,
etdo1,26,64,
fa_oasis_b3,0,64,
venice_ne4,0,64,
etdo6,36,64,
goldrush-gals,0,64,
fa_temple,18, 44,
decay_b7,0,40,
UJE_christmas_tank,0,64,
kerkyra,0,64,
braundorf_final,0,34,
teuthonia_final,0,48,
resurrection, 38, 64,
bba0-beta2,14,64,
castleattack_b5, 34, 64,
mml_minastirith_fp3,32,64,
northpole,0,36,
low_tram,24,64,

On 12/5/2022 at 7:16 AM, tyrlop said:

The fun large classic map that everyone loves, with the flying glider..!! Amazing objectives.

Map has issues - crashes above 30 players.... 

• Like 5