Headshots vs Bodyshots

AcidParadox

Damage amount depends of the gun, they aren't all the same.

The mp40/Thompson have same equal damage which is mostly to what topic is referred to.

• Like 3

The mp40/Thompson have same equal damage which is mostly to what topic is referred to.

They don't have a same and equal damage and same frequency shooting.

MP40 is slightly less damage but slightly faster.

But maybe it depends of the mod?

They don't have a same and equal damage and same frequency shooting.

MP40 is slightly less damage but slightly faster.

But maybe it depends of the mod?

U're talking about RTCW, ET's wep has same statistics.

• Like 3

Unzip the pk3 file on a Noquarter server and see they aren't the same.

Dunno about different mods, my answer is concerning ETpro.

Edited by Aniky
  • Like 1

• Clan Friend

Unzip the pk3 file on a Noquarter server and see they aren't the same.

I don't think the weapon rate of fire and especially damage is in the pk3 data... anyway afaik in all et mods mp40=thompson, the only difference is the model and sound. As Aniky said, they were different in RTCW, but in ET they are the same weapon.

I don't think the weapon rate of fire and especially damage is in the pk3 data...

They are in noquarter. They even can be edited(but client side value must be the same as server side).

Well but it does not matter since you were speaking about Etpro

Hi guys

The Thompson and MP40 are the same, they spread more or less the same, the fire rate is the same on both weapons 4.5 (+-) seconds to empty a full clip of 30 bullets.
What i think (and its just my opinion) is that the Thompson is more accurate than the MP40. But due to the sound the MP40 seems to have a faster spread than the Thompson.
Of course this could be just our imagination working, because what most of the forums in the matter say is that they are exactly the same and do the exact same damage.
About the hitting targets, its proved that if you prone you aim is better than if stand. And if you get used to walk with the gun at head height and pointing to the heads you start to have better results in the kills.

Cheers

Berko

Ps: About:

Searching for hs is ofc more difficult, but searching for difficulty enables to raise our skills.

So it would improve a player's accuracy, rather than searching for easy shots on the body.

My approach anyway...

Better look for difficulty to improve.

The headshot "ding-ding-ding" sounds so satisfying, i always go for headshots. Even more satisfying is getting heashots from snipers far far away in large maps (like MLB daybreak).. but because of the large distance headshot damage is reduced i believe :P

You both hax and i hate you!  :P

• Like 1

Your first part would work in a case where hitbox registration would be perfect, which we all know in ET is far from that. Have been playing this game for long enough, including ETPro at decent level to know about that, since it all depends on your and opponent connection and then it comes down to hitboxes, ppl don't realize that cus of this u tend to miss a lot more than u usually would, which makes sometimes a lot better idea to go for bodyshots as its less risking of missing due to above explained stuffs. I always adjust my aim to the needs of hitboxes, sometimes i rather shoot bodyshots and winning those duels more frequently than desperately trying for those headshots. A good player will know when to make difference of aiming, specifically in ETPro wars where aiming is most important.

Also an important part of aiming is spread control, which i would guess that 95% of pub players have no idea about that, whenever u are strafing, jumping, moving your mouse fast, u are gaining huge spread which will make u miss majority of the bullets.

Hitbox registration is not perfect, but it's perfect enough, especially if you are playing within your continent (which is most tournaments/leagues). I too, have played ETPro since it's inception, and having played since 2003, when even then the hit registration was far from refined, headshots have been the determination of the meta for this game. I have never seen a great player purposefully focus on bodyshots for any consistent amount of time, even the Israeli's who had 200ping in Eurocup. Missing headshots by shooting above their head should be an uncommon enough occurrence, and would be easily adjusted for in game if you are good enough and adjust to lower your aim when it happens.

Spread control is far, far below what you need in CS1.6/CS:S/CS:GO, and even accounting for the aim drift when moving, is not significant compared to the ability to aim and track on the head. All in all, ask any professional ET player, and no one would recommend NOT aiming for the head in 95% of situations.

Thing is, at populated server its nearly impossible to hit even bodyshots since hitregistration happens to just go away. Any duel can be win or lost even if another player aims 2x better/shoots 2x more bullets towards hitboxes. Playing at crowded server, unless you get enemy by surprise, its just more beneficial to aim randomly around enemy and pray hitbox gods than trying to aim headshots.

On the other hand, at smaller servers headshots wins close combat duels, bodyshots long range duels and middle range duels are determined by who gets first hit. Ofc anything can happen during duels, but thats the starting point.

Tl;dr: Headshots>bodyshots, harder to hit though. Got a godlike mouse control? Go for headshots. Your crosshair moves around like a seasick walrus? Better try to get even some bodyshots and pray random headshots.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've always found headshots mean more. I can get 30+% and still lose the duel if I don't get a headshot, so I always try to get headshots now. 

What I want to know is why there are some players with 300 ping that aim just as well as someone with low ping to me. That makes zero sense to me... 

Edited by djpailo

Thing is, at populated server its nearly impossible to hit even bodyshots since hitregistration happens to just go away. Any duel can be win or lost even if another player aims 2x better/shoots 2x more bullets towards hitboxes. Playing at crowded server, unless you get enemy by surprise, its just more beneficial to aim randomly around enemy and pray hitbox gods than trying to aim headshots.

On the other hand, at smaller servers headshots wins close combat duels, bodyshots long range duels and middle range duels are determined by who gets first hit. Ofc anything can happen during duels, but thats the starting point.

Tl;dr: Headshots>bodyshots, harder to hit though. Got a godlike mouse control? Go for headshots. Your crosshair moves around like a seasick walrus? Better try to get even some bodyshots and pray random headshots.

Mostly 40%+ acc here, means 2/5 from my shots are hit the enemy, so mostly aiming for hs (1/2.5 actually but since we cant shot half bullet, I've made 2/5)

There are many people with 40+ but I think most are afraid to miss the hs as it harded to hit his head, instead the body, as you got much more chance for hit it as you can shoot more spread.

But as far as I'm able to I end map with 1/3 of my shots with hs, that give me high kills at the end of map 

I've always found headshots mean more. I can get 30+% and still lose the duel if I don't get a headshot, so I always try to get headshots now. 

What I want to know is why there are some players with 300 ping that aim just as well as someone with low ping to me. That makes zero sense to me... 

Thats happen because they dont feel they lag as same as you feel it.

For you it's harder to aim on them as they looking like teleporting from place to another, but for them the game just run slower.. means they able to aim as they like, it's you that need to change you'r crosshair place more often.

While dueling with 250+ ping player, you need to steady you'r mouse and shot only to neck and above. he will die quickly then you think

• Like 1

When I started playing ET I always just threw the body because in this way is difficult misses .Ali after a long time I realized that if you try to shoot only 4 bullets in the head will be sufficient until the body needs 10.I think the bullet from MP40 and Thompshon hit in the head causing damage 40hp, and the body 16 or 18hp.

Depends, but also consider the mod.

On jaymod you got Adre which make you loose less hp each hit, while on ETpro there isnt.

But body I think give half of hs (20), as I killed someone with 5 body & 1 hs = around 140 hp (regular class hp).

• Like 1

Mostly 40%+ acc here, means 2/5 from my shots are hit the enemy, so mostly aiming for hs (1/2.5 actually but since we cant shot half bullet, I've made 2/5)

There are many people with 40+ but I think most are afraid to miss the hs as it harded to hit his head, instead the body, as you got much more chance for hit it as you can shoot more spread.

But as far as I'm able to I end map with 1/3 of my shots with hs, that give me high kills at the end of map 

Ye I get also 45+acc on NA FA servers, but a lot of bullets just dont register even to standing enemies. At close combat duels I might hit around 30% of my bullets unless I get enemy by surprise(so he cant start strafing) and then I hit pretty much every bullet. At less crowded servers everything plays out more smoothly and hit registration works better(or so it at least feels, dunno what's the technology behind it) and acc goes up greatly(50-55+).

Anyway, if server itself doesnt lag, its beneficial to get those headshots even vs high ping opponents since antilag corrects players position, giving low ping player advantage.