New CS:GO Test server

daredevil

• Administrators

b_560_95_1.png

Give it a shot and post your suggestions here. I haven't so far got time to configure it so I am open to feedbacks. Based on the feedback I receive I will configure it. Currently it's on default state.

• Like 5

Played a bit on the server with Owned and, I got owned :P

But it was fun.

Some suggestions:

More maps, like season, office etc. etc

A FA SIG on the Message of the Day screen.

Some more bots, now it's 5v5, not that intense for a casual game hehe.

But thanks DD for giving us a CSGO server :) It will be alot of fun when more people start playing there.

And to be honest I had fun 1v1'ing Owned.

• Like 1

Imo you don't need more bots 5v5 is good for casual server.

Buy time should be higher 5 sec is to low if we keep casual on and people wanna practise competive like, and even if not. For example if we got lots of new players on server and round starts they are like hmm what should i buy and boom times gone already. In cs it's really critical that you leave spawn asap to def or attack you cant be late, so i suggest to put buy time to 10/15 sec.

Also at some point we could try deathmatch instead casual since its more popular in community servers, but keep casual for now and see how it goes.

Will be on it in a wee bit. Gotta cook up some breakfast first.

Should this be updated, Dare? http://fearless-assassins.com/counter-strike-servers.html

=============================================================================
Alright, first we have to figure out an easier way to find the server, if there isn't a way already. I couldn't find it for the life of me in the thousands of other servers there, and only found it by adding the ip to my favorites, which isn't going to be any way to get members for the game.

Second, what the hell level are those bots on?! Man they raped me brutally from every angle...

Edited by Krayzie

• Administrators

Possible to move the server to NL? That would keep pings good for Euros and it would significantly lower pings for NA players

No can do. In future US, yes but for now GE only. 

Will be on it in a wee bit. Gotta cook up some breakfast first.

Should this be updated, Dare? http://fearless-assassins.com/counter-strike-servers.html

=============================================================================

Alright, first we have to figure out an easier way to find the server, if there isn't a way already. I couldn't find it for the life of me in the thousands of other servers there, and only found it by adding the ip to my favorites, which isn't going to be any way to get members for the game.

Second, what the hell level are those bots on?! Man they raped me brutally from every angle...

Sorry I didn't added the bots. It's on default config. Anyone who is more into server side knowledge can give me a helping hand for it. Would save my time. 

• Like 1

Taken a look at some code snippets for server configs. Seems pretty straightforward, if a tad "in-depth".

I don't mind giving it a bash with some help from people with more in-game knowledge.

• Like 1

Taken a look at some code snippets for server configs. Seems pretty straightforward, if a tad "in-depth".

I don't mind giving it a bash with some help from people with more in-game knowledge.

Is this what we want for those bots?

"bot_quota_mode"     "fill"
"bot_defer_to_human_items"   "1"
"bot_defer_to_human_goals"   "0"
"bot_difficulty"     "1"
"bot_dont_shoot"     "0"
"bot_chatter"        "normal"
"bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low" "-2.0"  // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount below avg human contribution score, below which a bot should raise its difficulty)
"bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high"  "0.0" // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount above avg human contribution score, above which a bot should lower its difficulty)

i will be popping into the server in about 20-30 min.. if anyone wants to join me, it would be awesome..

• Administrators

Is this what we want for those bots?

"bot_quota_mode"     "fill"
"bot_defer_to_human_items"   "1"
"bot_defer_to_human_goals"   "0"
"bot_difficulty"     "1"
"bot_dont_shoot"     "0"
"bot_chatter"        "normal"
"bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low" "-2.0"  // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount below avg human contribution score, below which a bot should raise its difficulty)
"bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high"  "0.0" // Value between -20.0 and 20.0 (Amount above avg human contribution score, above which a bot should lower its difficulty)

Daredevil, could you add some bots to the server ? 14/20 would be great.

Done.  Thanks all. I am still learning on how to set up CSGO Server so i might have to restart server couple of times. 

Thanks

• Like 1

I am trying to play atleast 4 matches each day, but bots get kinda repetitive after some time; so if anyone joins the server and wants company, add me on steam and spam my inbox: =F|A=Acid-Paradox

• Like 2

I am trying to play atleast 4 matches each day, but bots get kinda repetitive after some time; so if anyone joins the server and wants company, add me on steam and spam my inbox: =F|A=Acid-Paradox

Been trying to pull some off CoD4 and playing, will add you on Steam for sure. But DAMN those bots kick my ass... :(