Spam Server

PHANTASM

Yes it would be lot of fun.

But if one team starts raping other in its spawn all noobs will leave only people who want to have fun will remain on it.

I also think that we should disallow SK there.

Nowadays Im getting confused which FA server to join!!

10 + 1 servers! FA ftw!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying different settings out on a server on my home computer. I think using a limbo time of 1 second is pretty cool. Basically, you don't have to wait to get back in the game, which speeds things up. I liked it a lot. It felt like Unreal Tournament 2004 to me. It also makes it harder to spawn camp because people don't spawn all together at the same time, so you wouldn't have that problem.

I put five bots on each side, allies were five engies and axis were a mix (one of each class), set g_speed 640 (twice normal speed), five second recharge for all classes, and the default six maps. It was fun, but it would be more fun filled with people wearing FA tags lol.

Dare / Medic pm me if you want to talk or I can go to emsgames forum myself (if you are busy/don't want to get involved in yet another project lol).

It's the weekend so I am catching up on stuff around the house and it would be a good time to work on this for me.

Suggestion Nitmod (cuz have great features from noquarter + jaymod +etpub)

untlimited stuff like arty + ammo + recharge time + more more it's easy set ^^

Medic is the man to talk to here.... he probably has a servers just waiting for us lols. Anyway i like the idea sounds like fun to me.

lmao ... sorry but not this time :D

Daredevil and I set up the "spam server" tonight on the unused Euro Jaymod server:

Here is the IP: 213.108.29.146:27960

Official name is BEGINNERS [EURO] XPSAVE

It has twice the normal speed, twice the rate of fire ("wolfrof"), unlimited choice of weapons, and 5 second recharge for you arty rapists.

I played on it for a couple hours and it was awesome, even just against bots.

Blazing high speed, 80+ kills every map, very easy to learn.

Here are the cvars I tweaked for those of you who care:

set g_speed "640" //was 354

set g_wolfrof "1" //was 0

set g_warmup "10" //was 45

set g_gravity "400" //was 800

set g_covertopsChargeTime "5000" //was 20000

set g_engineerChargeTime "5000" //was 20000

set g_LTChargeTime "5000" //was 30000

set g_soldierChargeTime "5000" //was 20000

set g_medicChargeTime "5000" //was 30000

set team_maxFlamers "-1" //was 1

set team_maxGrenLaunchers "-1"

set team_maxM97s "-1"

set team_maxMG42s "-1" //was 2

set team_maxMortars "-1" //was 2

set team_maxPanzers "-1" //was 1

set g_userAlliedRespawnTime "1" //was 8

set g_userAxisRespawnTime "1" //was 8

set sv_maxclients "16" //was 40

set server_motd0 "^1UNLIMITED WEAPONS"

set server_motd1 "^22X GAMESPEED"

set server_motd2 "^1WOLFROF ON"

set server_motd3 "^25 SECOND RECHARGE"

set server_motd4 "^1Vent IP:8.3.5.149:4666"

set server_motd5 "^2www.fearless-assassins.com"

I backed up the original settings in case we need to restore it.

I tried it with "panzerwar" enabled but I couldn't select any other classes but soldier. So I set it back to panzerwar 0.

Also, with 40 bots it was insane, so I lowered the player number down to 16. But we can raise it, if it gets populated.

hehehe great fun but still something missing... give the new player all class skills level unlocked so people that don't have xp will have all unlocked from the start

for panzerwar it disable every thing to have panzer for all classes same for sniperwar ... but since it's jaymod you can use enchained mod to give every single class example a panzer for all class or molotov or anything else

hehehe great fun but still something missing... give the new player all class skills level unlocked so people that don't have xp will have all unlocked from the start

for panzerwar it disable every thing to have panzer for all classes same for sniperwar ... but since it's jaymod you can use enchained mod to give every single class example a panzer for all class or molotov or anything else

Yeah, I thought about setting everybody with all class levels at 5.

The smgs at wolfrof 1 actually balance out the heavy weapons. I can play it as an engineer and still get the objectives in 15 minutes.

Another thing is that since the gamespeed is faster you will need to reduce your sensitivity by half to get the same feel from your mouse lol.

I played on the server and found it good. Its fun even with the bots.

Good speed, fast frags. I thought SK would be problem but certainly it wasnt. You can easily overrun an arty area with high speed.

The only problem is after playing on "Spam" server, I found Jaymod very slow and boring. :P:blink:

Thanks to PHANTASM and Daredevil for creating this server. :thanks

Probably not the right place for this, but I tried to connect to the server today, and connection seemed bad for me. Once I get in the game I lag out and get kicked with server disconnected for unknown reason message.

Pinging it from console I get 60ish ping, and I can connect normally to all other servers (I'm using 2.60b). I'll try later and see what happens.

Any thoughts on this?

EDIT: managed to connect but lag still seems to be there, other people also seem to have those issues.

Played a round on oasis with flame and molotovs, damn that was epic :yahoo And bots can be a bit crazy till you get used to them :lol:

Probably not the right place for this, but I tried to connect to the server today, and connection seemed bad for me. Once I get in the game I lag out and get kicked with server disconnected for unknown reason message.

Pinging it from console I get 60ish ping, and I can connect normally to all other servers (I'm using 2.60b). I'll try later and see what happens.

Any thoughts on this?

EDIT: managed to connect but lag still seems to be there, other people also seem to have those issues.

Played a round on oasis with flame and molotovs, damn that was epic :yahoo And bots can be a bit crazy till you get used to them :lol:

hmm... I just played it now. I get this cyclical lag every five seconds or so, like pb is updating. My fps freezes and I get a little lagspike.

I am going to remove a few more bots. Yes they can be a nuisance. They need better names too lol.

That cyclical lag shows up on every server for me, nothing much can be done about it.

Oasis and Marrakech run really smooth, while Minas and Battery are acting weird with some serious lag periods (lots of yellow, and on the verge of getting kicked out). Haven't tried other maps yet.

Probably coincidence, but could someone try it out so I know if it is server or just me?

That cyclical lag shows up on every server for me, nothing much can be done about it.

Oasis and Marrakech run really smooth, while Minas and Battery are acting weird with some serious lag periods (lots of yellow, and on the verge of getting kicked out). Haven't tried other maps yet.

Probably coincidence, but could someone try it out so I know if it is server or just me?

same thing happened to me, when battery was loaded for like 15 sec it was fine then all of a sudden i get the crazy lag and it feels like im about to get kicked or somethin so i disconnect

OK, I worked on it a little tonight. I think the lag is better. Also I renamed the bots, set the bot difficulty up to 4, and removed all but five from each team. This helps out a lot.

Gravedigger and I played on it for an hour or so with the new and improved bots.

We will be on tomorrow evening again. Feel free to join us!

14c4p5v.jpg

• Administrators

I will try to set up something for it this week. That server is on YCN and it's bound to lag. Wait up till this weekend. I am too busy lately.