Balance system on Nq3.

Svart Rev

ok ive been sitting back reading this and biting my tong but but cant do it...

i will give a quick assessment of the nq3 server as ive have probably played there longer then most people like 4 yrs or more 

so i think i have a pretty good overview for the most part 

now this may get a few of you pissed at me but what ever

i agree with dare 100% on all and any changes let be realistic here guys 

the server is dying a slow painful death i have been watching the numbers  fall for many months 

there is a 3 hour period a day where the server gets busy and relay 20 people is not that busy when 12  are admins....

other then that 3 hours were lucky to have 5 play and a server that's only busy 3 hours a day is not really worth paying for imo

so what im saying is something got to give we need more traffic period ya we have 10 12 good regulars(again not that many) and the rest are trolls  witch i could care less about.

map voting needs to go the same maps get played to death and people b*** and leave also big maps kill the server when there are few people they may be fun but not helping the server and thats no good either we can keep pleasing the 20 people that play there for a couple hours a day or we can grow the server by making some needed changes and thats what needs to happen

ok now back to the balance problem as it was called i see no big problem when i started playing 4 yrs agro the bots were set as it is now 

and it was fine 

all you do is move the extra bot to the stronger side plain and simple half the time it dose it  self 

again being realistic there are usually 8 admins sitting in spec chatting its not hard to keep any eye and !put the bot to the according team takes 2 seconds and is the least of our worries atm considering the server sits empty 90% of the time

like dare said changes dont have to be permant but we need to try somthing it can always be changed back if it fails

@ DD  also would like to try turning adren off for a month and see what feed back we get. another feature nq1 dose not have and people seem to like.

also check your pm i sent you a map list a couple weeks back that we talked about in the private section :)

• Like 1

• Administrators

That map list would be effective with new rotation.. Going to work on it and sure we can try with adren if that's everyone want. 

OR

I can keep adren but I can take off the protection against damage... So this way people can use adren for sprints and such.. but not get advantage over HP.

• Like 2

That map list would be effective with new rotation.. Going to work on it and sure we can try with adren if that's everyone want. 

OR

I can keep adren but I can take off the protection against damage... So this way people can use adren for sprints and such.. but not get advantage over HP.

ok good to here :P)

also i like # 2 option for getting around faster :P

• Like 1

@dee, no need to bite your tongue/fingers if you have an opinion, and certainly not when you agree with the person without whom we wouldn't even have a server :) Regulars gave their own emotional opinion, that doesn't mean dare can't do what has to be done. They (and I), have their own selfish view on it, it's like that with conservatives :P

@dare, adrenaline without hp advantage would be a very good idea. Certainly with some big maps like daybreak, adrenaline eases gameplay. Thanks for your seemingly never-ending effort to keep et-servers alive :)

• Like 3

Alright, let me share my "selfish" opinion here too. ;)

I almost only play NQ3, it is my favorite server and also the one that brought me to F|A.

First of all, this is just my own opinion (some may think my way too) and in the end daredevil has to decide, I just want to add it here. And yes, I read the posts before and I read all arguments from "both sides", sorry if I repeat anything.

The main reasons why I "settled down" on that server (I played jay1 and 2 before, but was unhappy with it, so I changed one day):

- you can vote for maps!!!

- we have a nice, little and permanent "community" of always the same regulars and members there and it is really a great atmosphere

- it is not too crowded!!!

Voting:

I think voting is a great feature and we should keep that. Maybe it would be a good solution just to raise the minmapage. I don't understand what the problem is with voting, because the maps that are played after voting are the maps that most of the people on server want to play.

If we get a map rotation with maps like baserace in it it will empty the server - if we can vote it ensures that enough players that wanna play a specific map are online.

Making the server more populated:

As I said above one reason for me to play on NQ3 was that it is NOT too populated. :D That was one reason too why I left jaymod: You can't play when there are too many people. Best amount of players for nearly every map is in my eyes 5-10 players each team, like we have on NQ3, just because you, as an individual player can really participate in that game then. Instead of running into enemies every 20 metres.

Adrenaline, DoubleJump:

I would keep Adren, but make single jump only, so no one can "fly away" like many do it in Baserace. And I like this idea:

I can keep adren but I can take off the protection against damage...

All in all, this is just my opinion and I really have no clue about the background information. I still think that the server was perfect with old bot-system and a few new maps (D..X's topic) and I think that many regulars see it the same way. One last thing: I believe that not everybody likes overcrowded servers and that there should be a possibility for those to play too.

@daredevil: You are the one to decide, because you are the one that keeps it alive. Thank you for your great effort. :)

I think we should give the rotation at least a try, but I don't see the point in disabling big maps for less than about 30 players. We NQ3 regulars all love Daybreak and we hardly play it with more than 8 people per team. (Just as an example)

Thank you for reading

• Like 1

well as stated by dare changes will be made and we will see how it goes

server cant survive on only 3 hours of people playing in a 24 hour period 

it needs to be busy all the time to make it worth while just remember that   ;)

So it seems that everyone prefers voting. But how about we give it a try for some time? It won't hurt anybody and also not even half of the regulars vote. Think about, we all love MLB maps but lets face it, as much as it's fun, it's getting overplayed (I'm not saying I don't like them anymore so don't hate :P ). I'm guessing these tweaks would be added at the same time as the new maps, so we will have a lot more maps we never had on nq3 and maybe then voting won't be so important because there is going to be new maps added and not so many old ones that are getting boring. 

About map balance system based on players, I doubt that anyone on NQ3 cares about map size at least I never heard someone complaining about it so I think it should be left the way it is.

This would be a great idea, I use adren and until this moment I had no idea you get advantage over HP, so I guess that why some people hate it lol. 

I don't see a reason for taking double jump off because that is also probably what keeps the server alive because for instance when map Adlernest is played almost every time new players complain about why is double jump off so that's a big no from most I think.

At the end, everyone knows that the server is dying every day, every week and every month and it's just getting worse. Keep an eye on the gametracker and you will see how bad it is. ;)

• Like 1

I truly hope that voting system removing thing don't make things even worse. At the moment i fear a bit that thing tho. Who wants to wait over an hour to finally get a chance to play his favourite map? I think none of us. At the moment there is at least chance that we can play maps what we find interesting and also if someone wants to play certain map, he tells that in main chat and we all can vote for that. If we remove voting system then it might make things even worse than it is at the moment and we will lose even those regular ones who have been loyal to NQ3 so far. But if i understand correctly, it's not even under consideration anymore.

But i have one question...why we don't have F|A initials in front of NQ3 server name? Maybe ppl don't relate this server with F|A community and they don't even bother to visit us.

For example, i asked one of my relatives to come and play with us in NQ3, but he didn't find NQ3 on list when he started to play ET and looked servers. So it's even hard to find a way into our server, because based on name it doesn't seem to be related with F|A servers. Maybe this name thing is so primitive thing, but i am just thinking out loud.

Getting new maps is really good thing and i try to accept with other changes too as long as Daybreak will stay into our server :)

• Like 6

As one of the above mentioned NQ3 regulars, let me share my POV:

- absolutely love the community there, same as Satanek said, and it's what brought me to F|A 

- I, too, actually appreciate the fact that the server isn't too crowded. Of course 10-15 more regulars would be great.

- I am also very fond of adrenaline (just for speed though) and double jump. If the community is NQ3's soul, adren and double jump are the heart of the gameplay. It's what sets it appart.

- The voting system works well in my opinion, and I don't see a problem with bigger maps being played by not so many players. I don't like the idea of a fixed map rotation for the reasons stated by many others above, but what about changing the map recursiveness in the voting rotation? My understanding is that after playing a map, this same map won't be up for vote until 5 other maps have been played. Maybe it would help to set that number higher? Also, I've seen some interesting suggestions for new maps on NQ3 (and getting rid of others), wouldn't that solve much of the issue?

I totally understand guys like DD and D...X have much more perspective on this due to their huge experience. They have the bigger picture, and one of the main goals must be to populate servers and create an adequate overall supply. If there was to be a change you wouldn't lose me as a server regular, I'd certainly try to get comfy under new circumstances, but depending on what is left on the "old" NQ3's "heart and soul" I'll probably diversify more to other servers as well.

• Like 2

just 1 more thing id like to point out

im seeing the i like we like and we dont want change and what not

i think you are all forgetting what our jobs as admins are

our soul job is to recruit new members and grow our servers not create little cozzy chat groups 

and ignore that the server is dying 

so in order to do that change needs to come we are getting no new regulars hardly at all 

witch means there is no one left to recruit and we are not doing what we are suppose to be doing thus an empty server 3/4 of the day

lets look beyond ourselves for a min and see the big picture at the rate its going the future dont look good 

dont get me wrong i like our little server but im willing to change for the better of the clan/server and im not

getting that feeling from most.

side note i agree with ado i think the server name needs a change to reflect it is a =F|A server

something like  =F|A=NQRECRUITING#3  or something along those lines

having fa in the title could make some difference imo

Edited by D..X
  • Like 3

i agree that the server name should be changed in a way that it reflects it is a F|A server and it also should drop the "no bots" part.

and yes we should change something about the server so it attracts more people and makes them regular players there.

are there any statistics on how the player numbers changed after changing things on other servers?

• Like 2

i agree that the server name should be changed in a way that it reflects it is a F|A server and it also should drop the "no bots" part.

and yes we should change something about the server so it attracts more people and makes them regular players there.

are there any statistics on how the player numbers changed after changing things on other servers?

check server ranks like on track base and sl 

Edited by D..X

but he didn't find NQ3 on list when he started to play ET and looked servers

After these words I've remembered that I had some problems with locating Nq3 as well, so I tried to find it now... and I didn't manage to do that. I've scrolled the whole list for about 9 times, I have refreshed the list of servers at least 3 times... And I still didn't manage to find Nq3. I didn't find it even using noquarter filter. Maybe that's the main reason Nq3 gets new players that hard?

Post Scriptum:

our soul job is to recruit new members

I could name alot of present FA trial and full-members reqruited on Nq3.

Edited by Svart Rev
  • Like 1

After these words I've remembered that I had some problems with locating Nq3 as well, so I tried to find it now... and I didn't manage to do that. I've scrolled the whole list for about 9 times, I have refreshed the list of servers at least 3 times... And I still didn't manage to find Nq3. I didn't find it even using noquarter filter. Maybe that's the main reason Nq3 gets new players that hard?

Post Scriptum:

I could name alot of present FA trial and full-members reqruited on Nq3.

thats not what im saying..so can i i could make a list np but there are not very many worthy ones left is what im saying need to get more new people there are 3 people i can think of id ask but none of them are interested in a clan so basicy that leaves no one