few suggestions for etpub

illusion

So i just have a few quick suggestions for etpub, might add more asi remember them.

1. The !stats command doesnt work the same on etpub as it does on hardcore, is there a way to get it working as it does on hardcore for etpub?

2. Im not sure if this is even possible, but i love how on the NQ mod one of the awards it displays at the end is "Most Headshots." Is there a way to get that on etpub? i think it would add a little fun competitive challenge :)

3. Remove caen2, venice? There are other maps on etpub that are disliked by some,(baserace, tankbuster, karsiah) but i think its fair to say those two are hated almost universally. Nearly half the server empties most of the time when they somehow get voted.

4. !balance. We all know this command balances teams, but it goes by player rating instead of k/d which isnt as helpful. Is there a way to get balance working by k/d? Because otherwise the only time its really useful is when a team is down 2-3 players and getting raped in the map, at which point any help would be beneficial to them.

Thoughtss?

1.- The Headshot Award would be nice adding on ETPub +1

2.- As Illusion said, some maps are too useless that simple and clean noone vote for them, NEVER: Tankbuster and karsiah. But i think that caen2 and venice still being a good option for change the routine

3.- Adding one more thing, it would be great change the voice that says: "Double kill" "Triple Kill" and "Monster Kill" becuase there are another voice that sounds much better, a like more agressive voice (i dont know if you guys know what im talking about lol)

4.- For last, we SHOULD quit the music of the final 30 sec. of every map, sometimes is very annoy specially when you have high volumen lol

1.- The Headshot Award would be nice adding on ETPub +1

2.- As Illusion said, some maps are too useless that simple and clean noone vote for them, NEVER: Tankbuster and karsiah. But i think that caen2 and venice still being a good option for change the routine

3.- Adding one more thing, it would be great change the voice that says: "Double kill" "Triple Kill" and "Monster Kill" becuase there are another voice that sounds much better, a like more agressive voice (i dont know if you guys know what im talking about lol)

4.- For last, we SHOULD quit the music of the final 30 sec. of every map, sometimes is very annoy specially when you have high volumen lol

You can always go in and out of limbo to get rid of that last 30 second music, but i agree. I always see new people to the server bitching about that, for obvious reasons :P.

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of this on Hardcore actually, personally don't play Etpub due to no FF on. Having the headshot award would be nice, although lookin at Dmg tells far more as to who's the deadliest usually. Out of most the custom maps, venice and caen aint too bad, kariash and tankbuster I agree are horrible. I'd like to see the times extended on multi kills, as in the time you have to obtain kills to get them. Getting double and triple kills are extremely easy, but even I rarely get multi kills on Hardcore/Pub with pure smg, even giving four players three straight headshots it still is almost impossible to get with smg. You have to use arty/grenade/ or panz to get them easily, usually mixed with smg kills. As for the music, ya its annoying to 99% of players I've seen.

1. Should be possible using LUA, but for the next 2-3 months our LUA scriptor-master is MIA so no go for now. Unless Dare knows LUA scripting :P

2. That'd be nice, and again, i think it might be possible using LUA.

3. All the non-scrim maps are there to make the server more enjoyable for the noobs, who tbh, keep the server alive and full. As much as i hate those maps they are essential to keeping the server full and alive.

4. Again might be possible using LUA

The noobs don't even know where to go in those maps, much less the objective. They get completely raked over the coals in those maps. I don't see how that is a valid point to make saying noobs like those maps when they never ever get votes.

• Administrators

30 sec music is going out and their is new sound pack also coming soon. I will keep you guys posted and feel free to suggest anymore changes you would like to see.

The noobs don't even know where to go in those maps, much less the objective. They get completely raked over the coals in those maps. I don't see how that is a valid point to make saying noobs like those maps when they never ever get votes.

The noobs like those maps as they are more 'Jaymodish' maps, the mod that is more noob-friendly. True karsiah and tankbuster are maps few ppl nowadays play, but Oasis and g-rush official versions, venice, and caen2 are more popular among the Jaymod players visiting Etpub. I wasnt just talking about the 2 he said never get voted, i was talking about all non-scrim maps in general.

The noobs like those maps as they are more 'Jaymodish' maps, the mod that is more noob-friendly. True karsiah and tankbuster are maps few ppl nowadays play, but Oasis and g-rush official versions, venice, and caen2 are more popular among the Jaymod players visiting Etpub. I wasnt just talking about the 2 he said never get voted, i was talking about all non-scrim maps in general.

From what ive seen on the server, maps like venice and caen 2 are constantly hitting streaks of "Has not been played for 1XX maps" and i honestly dont believe that they are helping noobs stay on the server. Like rooster said, in a lot of these maps all those people with k/ds below 1 or so run around like headless chickens. Not trying to be a ****, but i honestly think theyre just young kids (8 years-) because a lot of them are from the US but they dont ever talk.

Maps like karsiah and tankbuster, are interesting because theres always people who either love them or hate em. IE: i love tankbuster, but i leave the server anytime karsiah is voted.

Anyways, just my opinion on it. Good to hear a new sound pak coming in and the 30 second music coming out, :)

30 sec music is going out and their is new sound pack also coming soon. I will keep you guys posted and feel free to suggest anymore changes you would like to see.

Thanks you, one cookie for you B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One day i was playing on Hardcore and noticed that i was roking using nades. So ,im starting to think that the damege of granades on ETPub is not as efective as on Hardcore. ETPub is hard to kill a medic if you dont throw it exactly on their foot or right in the face.

Or probably i just my imagination? :huh:

If i right, then would be nice add just a little more damage to granades :)

One day i was playing on Hardcore and noticed that i was roking using nades. So ,im starting to think that the damege of granades on ETPub is not as efective as on Hardcore. ETPub is hard to kill a medic if you dont throw it exactly on their foot or right in the face.

Or probably i just my imagination? :huh:

If i right, then would be nice add just a little more damage to granades :)

i think i recall that rnade damage was tweaked to become less damaging some time ago.

Could be annoying if the grenades makes more damage, cuz maybe you just are running around and a grenade fall in your feets and boom!!!, the rnade is great when is used with brain but just shot by shot, it's annoying, if you know what i'm talking about.

The map Siwa Oasis can you remove it, it's personally a big and really boring map, and more when there's just 3 or 4 players, sometimes is just called when there was voted for the last 5 or 4 maps most played.

That 30 secs of music, Dare one time ask us in the same game, - Can i removed the Sound if you guys want it - but we said NO, now this time, i think it can be removed!

And can you make a cmd for the new rule for Panza, !panza You can use the Panzer just for 3 maps, after you let it for others enjoy it, or something like that!

COuld be GREAT!