Virus and malware problems could be over....

Ol Smoke

There is only one sure way to never get a virus,adware, malware or anything else you don't want/need on your computer.   Never go on the Internet.  Otherwise, nothing will prevent it 100%.

F**k the expensive mac hardware, run UNIX. It's the same thing as Mac OS X (built on BSD). Regardless, UNIX and Linux can still get nasty viruses- just make sure you run something like Adblock Plus, which will stop most malicious drive-by attacks, by not evening loading the code, use common sense, and have a routine virus scan once a week or so. If I notice something fishy, I'll go in with Malwarebytes, ADWCleaner, Combofix, etc which usually cleans it up without a problem.

F**k the expensive mac hardware, run UNIX. It's the same thing as Mac OS X (built on BSD). Regardless, UNIX and Linux can still get nasty viruses- just make sure you run something like Adblock Plus, which will stop most malicious drive-by attacks, by not evening loading the code, use common sense, and have a routine virus scan once a week or so. If I notice something fishy, I'll go in with Malwarebytes, ADWCleaner, Combofix, etc which usually cleans it up without a problem.

Infact, Mac hardware is; Intel, Nvidia/AMD videocards. It's just the OS and design where you really pay for.

You know Xerni, I use all these protections.. Adblock, Adblock Plus, Adblock Pro, Mawarebytes, Mbar, RogueKiller, ADWcleaner, sc-cleaner, Rkill, JRT, TDSkiller, HighjackThis, Combofix, Comodo firewall, my knowledges... They never avoided me to get those crap on my pc. Even sites with good reputation in the past for being free of all this are not anymore. You can download a tool to protect your pc and get it through this one now. Always download from source site, scan each download before running, read at every steps of installation the conditions and uncheck the boxes who adds toolbars or anything else, etc, etc.. The best antivirus/protection will always be the guy sitting in front of the screen whatever your OS or the tools on your desk.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...