Philip Seymour Hoffman, Actor, Dies at 46

Chameleon

So sad, he was a great actor!

The actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his New York apartment on Sunday morning of an apparent drug overdose, according to a law enforcement official who requested anonymity because he was not certain the actor’s family had been informed of the death.

More:  http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/movies/philip-seymour-hoffman-actor-dies-at-46.html?_r=0

03hoffman_1-master675.jpg

Dude died cause of illegal drugs overuse and everyone's like "omg RIP poor guy"... he was maybe a great actor, but c'mon... if someone else would have died for the same reason everyone would be like "stupid junkie" and not "great guy". Not saying it's funny or sth but people tend to overreact to this kind of event.

Dude died cause of illegal drugs overuse and everyone's like "omg RIP poor guy"... he was maybe a great actor, but c'mon... if someone else would have died for the same reason everyone would be like "stupid junkie" and not "great guy". Not saying it's funny or sth but people tend to overreact to this kind of event.

I don't think I am overreacting, I liked the guy as an actor, and I knew he had been battling drug abuse, and as a person who was an addict for years and years, I understand his battle. I was a junkie, but thankfully I made it out.. It's sad whenever anyone dies over this..

• Like 3

I understand your point of view and I apology if I offended you, even if I think that getting addict is a bit like acting before thinking...first you think about the consequences, then you decide or not to take drugs...then it's too late.

• Like 1

I understand your point of view and I apology if I offended you, even if I think that getting addict is a bit like acting before thinking...first you think about the consequences, then you decide or not to take drugs...then it's too late.

It is a horrible vicious cycle that takes control of your life, and I agree it is pure stupidity to start in the first place. I told myself I could never be like those addicts, that I could control it, and in the blink of an eye I was them. I wasn't offended by your comment at all, I just wanted to let you know that, what happened to him and thousands of other is very sad indeed..  :D

• Like 2

I saw a lot of his movies but the two that I liked him best in were   Cold Mountain  and  Twister.  What a range of acting skills in those two movies.

I will miss him.  Sometimes Satan wins.

• Like 2