silent1/hardcore - Map Suggestions

rtcwet

I think the voting should be changed from 5 to 7 maps before another map can be revoted. 

As for Maps on silent I think Alderhorst and School Should be added

• Administrators

I think the voting should be changed from 5 to 7 maps before another map can be revoted. 

As for Maps on silent I think Alderhorst and School Should be added

adlernest is already there. School i am not adding it. 

Alderhorst is a different map

If not School then how about Fun Beach, Fortress, Stargate Center

Edited by Mortemex

Alderhorst is a different map

If not School then how about Fun Beach, Fortress, Stargate Center

Agree with stargate :)

I'd like to see Chicken Bucket.. always loved playing that map back in the day. Oh and the Haunted Mansion, thats a good map aswell. 

Cheers  :cheers

I'd like to see Chicken Bucket.. always loved playing that map back in the day. Oh and the Haunted Mansion, thats a good map aswell. 

Cheers  :cheers

Chicken Bucket is already on silent

Hi guys,

I have been playing ET on and off pretty much since its conception and it has been a pleasure to play lately on the silent servers. Silent mod has matured into a pretty good replacement for the old and outdated ETPro.

I would like to make a few suggestions regarding the silent1 server where I have accumulated almost 40k XP over the last month and a half! :)

I think some maps don't fit the general play of the server. I know it is not like the hardcore server, but I can't wrap my head around the MML maps there (the Lord of the Rings stuff). And I have also noticed that there are quite a few maps that are rarely played. Therefore, I promose the following maps to be removed from the Silent1 server:

- MML Minas Tirith (I don't think it fits the server profile)

- MML Helms Deep (I don't think it fits the server profile)

- 2Tanks (I don't think it fits the server profile)

- Reactor (too small for number of slots, more appropriate for the hardcore)

- Cathedral (awful map)

- Millenium Falcon (not very good and pretty neglected)

- Subway (awful, way too big)

- Chicken Bucket (I don't think it fits the server profile)

- V2 Base

- Frost2_final

Maps that I would include that I think would fit the server (enough space for 8vs8 to 14vs14, good objectives and overall nice play):

- Trainyard (First ever custom map for ET and still lots of fun!)

- Carnage Canyon 2

- Transmitter

- Marketgarden

- 1944 Beach

- ET UFO

- Industry 2

- Tram Siege 2

- El Kef

- Assault

- 1944 Cherbourg

- Rhine Bridge 2 (Might be too small, but the tight spaces makes it a frag fest!)

The other suggestion would be to change the minimum map interval for the same map. I think it should be changed to 10 maps! As it stands right now there is: Adlernest, Special Delivery, Supply, Goldrush and Oasis which are pretty much played everytime possible leaving little space for players to be exposed to the other maps. Increasing the wait interval to 10 maps would give more space for the rest of the maps to sneak into the rotation!

Also, I think it's about time you swap the older versions of Supply Depot and Bremen there for their final versions: Supply and Bremen_final.

Edited by idiroft
  • Like 1

Maps that I would include that I think would fit the server (enough space for 8vs8 to 14vs14, good objectives and overall nice play):

- Trainyard (First ever custom map for ET and still lots of fun!)

- Carnage Canyon 2

- Transmitter

- Marketgarden

- 1944 Beach

- ET UFO

- Industry 2

- Tram Siege 2

- El Kef

- Assault

- 1944 Cherbourg

- Rhine Bridge 2 (Might be too small, but the tight spaces makes it a frag fest!)

I wouldn't necessarily remove all the maps you mentioned, but I think adding some of those would be nice. Transmitter...I miss transmitter!

The other suggestion would be to change the minimum map interval for the same map. I think it should be changed to 10 maps! As it stands right now there is: Adlernest, Special Delivery, Supply, Goldrush and Oasis which are pretty much played everytime possible leaving little space for players to be exposed to the other maps. Increasing the wait interval to 10 maps would give more space for the rest of the maps to sneak into the rotation!

This would force players to vote for different maps.  I like this!

• 3 months later...