F*$#&$'ing G500 Mouse Cord Breaking

TulsaGeoff

• Leader

$5 for new gliders, since I took the old ones off to access the screws)

Ah, so!  Good tip for anybody contemplating a similar fix!  Get a single shipment instead of having to wait for the second one.

Gliders, I like to call them "feet". :)

And, your post made me finally realize why the left-front glider on my razer wore out: damned heavy finger on the trigger!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw on slickdeals.net that the g500s is $40 right now. I was tempted... Checked my ebay tracking number and bam! :D So effin happy I get to play with a good mouse soon. Ordered this about a month ago LoL

Out for Delivery

2013-12-05, 08:10:00, TULSA, OK 74136

Sorting Complete

2013-12-05, 08:00:00, TULSA, OK 74136

Arrival at Unit

2013-12-05, 05:18:00, TULSA, OK 74136

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

2013-12-05, 01:56:00, TULSA, OK 74141

Depart USPS Sort Facility

2013-12-05, 00:00:00, TULSA, OK 74141

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

2013-12-03, 16:18:00, CHICAGO, IL 60701

Depart USPS Sort Facility

2013-12-03, 00:00:00, CHICAGO, IL 60701

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

2013-11-14, 21:49:00, GUANGZHOU EMS

Acceptance

2013-11-13, 19:48:00

you know i seen some guys spend some crazy money on gaming mouses and i just don't get it how is a  50 to 250$ mouse any better then a 20 to 5$ one that you can buy at walmart

Well the mouse kicked my ass. My silver speckled camo version was much harder to take apart then the videos I could find. A spring the width of a pencil lead went flying...This one you had to remove every single thing to get to the cord. I was about to overnight the $40 one on amazon but now its sold out. f*** my life. I'm gonna kill something... LoL I'll take apart one of my older g500's and give it a second attempt maybe later...

Edited by TulsaGeoff

• Administrators

Well the mouse kicked my ass. My silver speckled camo version was much harder to take apart then the videos I could find. A spring the width of a pencil lead went flying...This one you had to remove every single thing to get to the cord. I was about to overnight the $40 one on amazon but now its sold out. f*** my life. I'm gonna kill something... LoL I'll take apart one of my older g500's and give it a second attempt maybe later...

haha yeah.. i was waiting that i will go home and get extra 5$ FB discount... but by that time deal is out .... I am in same boat as of yours :P

Check out best buy stores... I know it was on 38$ @ Hartford, Connecticut store over thanks giving.

you know i seen some guys spend some crazy money on gaming mouses and i just don't get it how is a  50 to 250$ mouse any better then a 20 to 5$ one that you can buy at walmart

I said the same thing. Then my $50 mouse broke and I had to use a $5 mouse. $5 mouse can f*** off. If someone you know has a gaming mouse, see if you can borrow it for 1 week, then go back to your normal mouse :P

Thanks for asking me for advice first. I used to fix all this stuff at my last job. :P Grab yourself a gallon size ziplock bag. disassemble the part where the spring flies with the mouse in the bag. That way it'll catch the spring for you. You can poke a small hole in the bag for a screwdriver if needed also.

Oh and for my cord I had to remove the top of the mouse, remove the wheel, remove the circuit board, then the cord is the last thing to take out. They run the cord through plastic channels molded into the base of the mouse, so naturally it has to be under everything and make the job harder.

• Administrators

Once u Logitech gaming mouse G5 or above u will never use other mouses once u get used it.... From grip to comfort.. It's freaking best!

• Like 1

Once u Logitech gaming mouse G5 or above u will never use other mouses once u get used it.... From grip to comfort.. It's freaking best!

Even the old MX518 was really good. My g/f still uses hers today and loves it. Logitech justs makes a good product for the $. And offers a 3 year warranty also.

Kiba: The new Logitech G500s fits PERFECT in your hand. For retail $40-$50 its worth every penny. You can add weights to change mouse feel and balance, program 5 levels of dpi settings so you can easily change dpi for sniper, or medic, panzer, whatever you want. You can even program settings on the mouse for different games, change what buttons do, etc...

I have 2 Logitech mice hooked up on my PC right now. G9x and G500s. Logitech software supports both mice, and lets me customize them both differently, or customize them both the same way.

$5 mouse won't do all of that

I'm pretty good at fixing things. I do that bag trick when I assemble AR lowers. This was not a simple job. If you have the exact same model you may understand. If you have the blue one... well that one looked easy...

Newegg has the g500s with free shipping for $50 so I did that. :/

Like any other piece of equipment the best is what fits you the best. Not what is the most expensive. I absolutely love how the g5/g500's fit the hand as Dare said. Some people like razors. Well they noobs :P

Edited by TulsaGeoff

My repair was on the G9x, the most "difficult" part that I found was detaching the ribbon cable that connects to the circuit board in the top half of the mouse for the LEDs and dpi buttons.

$50 plus free shipping is a good deal. I have the G500s now. I'm still getting used to it, since I was so used to playing with the  "claw grip" G9x for so long. But they moved the dpi buttons to the left of MOUSE1 and it makes it 100x easier to change dpi settings while gaming. On the G9x they put the dpi adjustment buttons under the base of your index finger, and it was difficult/impossible to adjust dpi without taking your hand off the mouse.

As for Razers, I found them to be shaped too much like a standard mouse, and didn't seem to fit my hand well. It's like my hand is ON the Razer, but the Logitech is IN my hand.. if that makes sense.

I just got this one a couple months back and was only 35 bucks, has tons of settings and 4000dpi with twin laser sensors:

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=3006

I wouldn't begin to try to take apart any tech that really was never ment to be touched by my clumsy, fat fingers. Pay to play :)

hmm i don't know if i even want to try  it  i mean i always used  the mouse that came with the pc  i us to us ball mouse but i hated how hair and shit would get in the ball  and it would stop working so i went to a 

c01231350.jpg and never looked back 

• Leader

Grab yourself a gallon size ziplock bag. disassemble the part where the spring flies with the mouse in the bag. That way it'll catch the spring for you. You can poke a small hole in the bag for a screwdriver if needed also.

What a Great Idea!  I wish I had had the foresight to do this many times.  (Damned springs!) 

When I first read his post, I envisioned a capture-cage made of sticks and plastic sheeting, but your idea is much much better! 

That added tip of 'poke a screwdriver hole' just tops off the cake!   

• 3 months later...

after reading this thread, i wondered about the prices - and checked them!

my beloved g500 seems to die within the next 6 months, and because there are not too many out on the market, i decided to get a new one, as long as its possible...

the price check says: amazon: 89 Euro! wtf, thats about 125 us dollars! but i found some store on ebay, still selling it for about 40 euro - about 55 dollars!

i just ordered one, ill tell you when it gets in! maybe someone wants some as well?