NO DEDICATED SERVERS FOR MW2

Tomato

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this little link on Eurogamer.net: link

It's a topic on Infinity Ward's own forums with all the clans that are going to boycot the game. I almost feel inclined to make a forum account to add our tags to that topic, too. If this is any indication, Activision has no idea how hard their game is going to tank *just* because they don't want dedicated servers. I'm not that good at predictions, but I am really hoping that I'm right about this one. Big developers need to be slapped in the face every now and then to let them know we won't take their bull.

It's a topic on Infinity Ward's own forums with all the clans that are going to boycot the game. I almost feel inclined to make a forum account to add our tags to that topic, too. If this is any indication, Activision has no idea how hard their game is going to tank *just* because they don't want dedicated servers. I'm not that good at predictions, but I am really hoping that I'm right about this one. Big developers need to be slapped in the face every now and then to let them know we won't take their bull.

I saw it yesterday and I thought to add our Clan to that list then I forgot cos felt to sleep ^^

I thought it will be nice to add our support for the PC community :)

I saw it yesterday and I thought to add our Clan to that list then I forgot cos felt to sleep ^^

I thought it will be nice to add our support for the PC community :)

Vote for yes =)

if someone of you had account there he can add us in the list... LOL i forgot my account nick and im too lazy to made new one ;)

no dedicated servers.. IW has dumbass disease. seems to be a trend going around.. "we're going to put so much anticipation into something that people have been looking foward to for months and just do something stupid it with it"

bah assholes.

Whut exactly is a dedicated server XD

Look at the CoD4 server list. Those are all dedicated servers. The benefits of them are: easy to distinguish from each other, easier to find a specific server, moddable, moderators, and a bunch of other things. Dedicated servers are also used for private clan servers and scrim servers. They are a pillar of what make PC gaming unique from consoles, and gives PC gamers a more interconnected community.

• Administrators

I personally like no dedicated server. Some "stupid" reason why:

1. No demands or cry babies I don't like this map or that map. Just have to suck it up. Bad as a player point of view but good as admin point of view.

2. No work for server admins. No more restarting, clearing out logs, updating cheat scan files, checking PBSS, etc.

3. No cry babies for heli and all. Every server same settings. Just got to enjoy what game has rather then crying for this and that.

4. No server loop holes so they can crash servers. If they do IW will work on it instantly to fix it rather then admins coding their custom patch in assembly.

5. No more monthly bills to pay for server. :D

xbox are still popular and so is WoW.

I personally like no dedicated server. Some "stupid" reason why:

1. No demands or cry babies I don't like this map or that map. Just have to suck it up. Bad as a player point of view but good as admin point of view.

2. No work for server admins. No more restarting, clearing out logs, updating cheat scan files, checking PBSS, etc.

3. No cry babies for heli and all. Every server same settings. Just got to enjoy what game has rather then crying for this and that.

4. No server loop holes so they can crash servers. If they do IW will work on it instantly to fix it rather then admins coding their custom patch in assembly.

5. No more monthly bills to pay for server. :D

xbox are still popular and so is WoW.

Sorry, but a few of these are sort of incorrect.

1. There are still ways to skip maps, so there will still be people whining if the votes don't pass and they hate that map.

2. I guess that comes with the whole idea, yeah. :P

3. While this is true, I'm sure there would be some killstreaks that I hate as much as I hate the heli in this game. I'll probably hate them even more since we can't turn them off/hinder them like we've done with the heli on our servers.

4. This is good too.

5. But with this new system they now have a way where they can force gamers to pay for DLC or maybe even force us to pay a monthly fee to use the IWNet service.

• Administrators

1. What if no map voting at all? I haven't played xbox but does in xbox you can skip maps?

5. They could :P But as per their present marketing campaigns I don't see they will.

But may be in long run they want to make something like WoW? Pay and play.

More or less no more cracked servers? In the end they will sell more copies? There are tons of cracked cod 4 server allowing illegal copies. With no dedicated server it will be full stop on it.

Sorry, but a few of these are sort of incorrect.

1. There are still ways to skip maps, so there will still be people whining if the votes don't pass and they hate that map.

2. I guess that comes with the whole idea, yeah. :P

3. While this is true, I'm sure there would be some killstreaks that I hate as much as I hate the heli in this game. I'll probably hate them even more since we can't turn them off/hinder them like we've done with the heli on our servers.

4. This is good too.

5. But with this new system they now have a way where they can force gamers to pay for DLC or maybe even force us to pay a monthly fee to use the IWNet service.