NO DEDICATED SERVERS FOR MW2

Tomato

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infinity Ward can take MW2 and stick it up its ass. I'm sticking with CoD4.

Their reasoning for the matchmaking is f***ing retarded. They want to stop pirating, they should have just adopted Steam and not even bothered with matchmaking. Plus, how on earth would dedicated servers and matchmaking split the PC community? Bunch of morons sitting in Infinity Ward's marketing room.

Boys we got a problem............

http://www.fourzerotwo.com/?p=745

I think what they call PRIVATE servers are actaully dedicated servers, or thats what it sound like anyway

No, Private MATCHES are still P2P (Peer to peer) but you are given more control over the options. Still, theres no way we'll get the same control we do right now with servers as well as the fact that it's a Listen Server you're setting up. It's NOT a dedicated server, please try not to get it mixed up.

He says it's like a Dedicated Server but it is much closer to a Listen Server.

not quite...... The private server still has to run on a client machine. The settings are still not customizable, and the HOST system will still have the advantage. I could think of ways to force a dedicated server, like installing a full copy of the game on a rented server in a datacenter, and then trying to set up the game style the way I wanted, but you still wouldnt be able to properly admin the game like we can now. the new system is designed from the ground up to turn my PC into a console, complete with the limitations that they have.

The fact is we were lied to from the begining about the PC multiplayer component. We were told that the system would be the same as COD4, and 3 weeks till release, they hammer the PC gaming community withthe news that we are getting a castrated version of multiplayer that is not condusive to building a community around (no scrim matches / professional gaming / returning to your favorite server.... you get the point). SO how will the gaming clans around the world react to this blow???

MOVE TO A BETTER, MORE SUPPORTIVE GAME.

If I wanted to play on an Xbox/ PS3/ Wii ....... I would have bought one....

The fact is we were lied to from the begining about the PC multiplayer component. We were told that the system would be the same as COD4, and 3 weeks till release, they hammer the PC gaming community withthe news that we are getting a castrated version of multiplayer that is not condusive to building a community around (no scrim matches / professional gaming / returning to your favorite server.... you get the point). SO how will the gaming clans around the world react to this blow???

There's still scrim matches and professional gaming.. It's probably even more popular on consoles actually. Gamebattles.com - over 5000 teams for the team ladder on the xbox alone. 3000 for team HC

We'd still be able to play together (through partying) and against eachother (through private matches).

Believe me, in no way do I support this.. I have a crappy connection and dedicated servers have much lower pings than having a host system.

This is crap, they should at least allow us the option to have dedicated servers if we want.

There's still scrim matches and professional gaming.. It's probably even more popular on consoles actually. Gamebattles.com - over 5000 teams for the team ladder on the xbox alone. 3000 for team HC

We'd still be able to play together (through partying) and against eachother (through private matches).

Believe me, in no way do I support this.. I have a crappy connection and dedicated servers have much lower pings than having a host system.

This is crap, they should at least allow us the option to have dedicated servers if we want.

While we could play together I in no way will be buying this unless they patch in dedicated server support. I will not pay $60 (which I already thought was stupid, games are $50 why should we pay more?) for a console port.

I'm thinking it's time we moved to BF1943 or something. Operation Flashpoint maybe? Frontline? There's plenty of games out there and better ones coming than some crappy IW.Net service they're trying to cram down our throats.

Hell. We might even move our butts to ET until something comes along.

Well, I think I might stick with CoD4 for a while longer. But yeah, I do agree that sooner or later CoD4 just won't appeal to me anymore.

I'm thinking Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be the game I replace MW2 with.

Edited by Tomato

News just in: IE, Google and Firefox are eliminating the FAVOURITES tool from their browsers.

From now on when you go online you won't have the option of clicking on a favourites page. You will simply be directed to sites that are only hosted in your neighbourhood, that people of similar values are looking at.

It's going to be waaaay better for you.

Thank god IW don't do internet browsers.

Lol epic fail by IW, got my pre order cancelled and my money back today.

Looks like I will be staying with ET and COD4.