Play the Objective or go for Kills?

Dak

OBJECTIVE !!!!!! grrrrrr Theo angry... when I see team mates running away from objective... you can win with out killing a single person if you do the objectives...

What angers me is I die SOOOO much more cause I am only one trying to get the objective done.... geeze thanks you got a heli and a nice kill streak but we are behind in points.... oh we lost thanks... glad your K/D ratio is cool...

Slap team mate.

My favorite... Creek HQ.... Gimme Milli and anyone else... we can win... yup I am saying 3 vs 8 we will do it... (auto team balance will help a bit)

Agreed for the most part but...

BARF!! creek hq? :( that game always makes me sad.. I personally am an objective whore, but if it's hq its a ballance of both for me lol...

I hate hq soooo much (especially on creek LOL)

I lob nades towards the objective then go to the objective and get myself blown up usually. So that can be both.

I normally go for objectives over kills in obj maps. However if I findmyself on the receiving end of a severe ass kicking or keep getting sniped in the face... I pull out dual noobtubes and rage. >_>

OBJECTIVE !!!!!! grrrrrr Theo angry... when I see team mates running away from objective... you can win with out killing a single person if you do the objectives...

What angers me is I die SOOOO much more cause I am only one trying to get the objective done.... geeze thanks you got a heli and a nice kill streak but we are behind in points.... oh we lost thanks... glad your K/D ratio is cool...

Slap team mate.

My favorite... Creek HQ.... Gimme Milli and anyone else... we can win... yup I am saying 3 vs 8 we will do it... (auto team balance will help a bit)

Agree Theo,

Nothing more frustrating than seeing a teammate hide in the grass while your flag is being captured right next to him.

Creek HQ is great but I think my favorite is Overgrown domination.... unless I am pinned down and continuously spawning at B.

objective, objective, objective. My primary goal is always the objective, however, I also do the things that Liberty said

I assign myself secondary objectives every time I respawn, like cut off the enemy from reaching a the objective, guarding the flag from enemies probing the area, and covering our flanks when we attack.

And if the time and place requires it, yes I go for the objective.

I try to switch gears if my team is not force-balanced, and fill a niche if I see one. That will always contribute to a more balanced team overall, with fewer weaknesses, except my aim, of course!

objective, objective, objective. My primary goal is always the objective, however, I also do the things that Liberty said

I try to switch gears if my team is not force-balanced, and fill a niche if I see one. That will always contribute to a more balanced team overall, with fewer weaknesses, except my aim, of course!

Exactly, instead of joining the main force where ever they go, I try to fill in the roles where it requires. Except sniping. I'm awful at that and it's unnessary.

• Like 1

Objective

Unless my teams are so retarded that objective only gives me a 1:5 k/d ratio, then I'll ask for good people to my team or go for kills as well.

edit: stupid typo :/

Edited by rolf

I go for whatever helps win the game. Like the rest of you guys. I am cautious to get an objective though. An ounce of caution saves a pound of blood.

• Like 2

Objective, although sometimes on a domination map I find my self getting wrapped up in the kills, but I also figure that keeps them from reaching the objective. Definitely only the objective in S&D. I can't tell you how many times I have planted the bomb and no one shows up, or even tries to show up and defuse it.

Objective, although sometimes on a domination map I find my self getting wrapped up in the kills, but I also figure that keeps them from reaching the objective. Definitely only the objective in S&D. I can't tell you how many times I have planted the bomb and no one shows up, or even tries to show up and defuse it.

Haha, I know right? They are too afraid to die, either that or they are going for kills only.

totally agree with you Sal, I try to do the same but sometimes I am too cautious b/c I try to "flank" the objective which looks like i am running away.

I am trying to take a more direct approach b/c I feel sorry for guys like Soul and Theo who lead the charge and suffer such high casualties. makes me feel like a bad teammate...

interesting reading other people's opinions on this...thx for starting the post Dak

I go for whatever helps win the game. Like the rest of you guys. I am cautious to get an objective though. An ounce of caution saves a pound of blood.

Me and my mates like to play objective cause its funny to see the other team whinig while they still dont understand why the game is over after some minutes :-P To be honest, we like to play objective cause thats what the game is made for and its great when you can do something together as a team.

^^ In TDM you can create your own objective to make it more challenging.

For example, keeping everyone out of my tunnels.