• Debian
    • Red Hat Enterprise Linux
    • Gentoo
    • Slackware
    • Ubuntu
    • Mandriva
    • Archlinux
    • Other.......Please tell us about it!

Hi everyone. I was wondering if I was the only real geek hangin out here so I figured I would try to find out.........

Whats your favorite Linux Distribution??

Personally I run archlinux on my laptop and dual boot archlinux and Windows 7 on my workstation.

Ubuntu as a toy in a virtual box.

If vmware or virtual pc would support hardware graphics acceleration, directX, openGL so that you could play in it, i would have 8gbyte RAM, Linux as base os and all other staff as toys in boxes.

Dix, I thought I read that Sun xvm (Virtual Box) supported HW gfx acceleration for openGL on VT enabled systems........I will have to check again since I dont have a new enough system to use it.

I run Ubuntu 7.10 on my laptop (that laptop's graphics chipset isn't supported by any acceleration drivers in newer builds), tri-boot Vista x64 Ult, XP Pro 32, and Kubuntu 9 on my desktop, and Debian on my fileserver, probably will switch to Red Hat or Gentoo on that one when I get it back up and running (had a head crash and haven't replaced it yet).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@loki i have Suse Linux 9.1 professional and im trying to install it on my laptop but when i put the cd in my laptop wont boost the cd. i think it has to do with the boost sequence qich i dont know how to change from the bios...... u think u could help me out? xfire me at warninja 82 please..... thank you

Ubuntu : Personnal use (Not installed on my pc at the moment, but i think i'll reinstall it soon :D)

Debian : N!tmod builds :yahoo

I also used gentoo a few months back, to host ET servers, mumble, ventrilo, apache and other stuff like that.

i finally got linux ubuntu running and its nice.. i like it not too hard to use and understand.........if we could maybe create tutorial about ubuntu for newbies like me that would be great.. like tricks commands and other tweaks... special thanks to wonder who help me install and get it ready :D