• Debian
    • Red Hat Enterprise Linux
    • Gentoo
    • Slackware
    • Ubuntu
    • Mandriva
    • Archlinux
    • Other.......Please tell us about it!

i finally got linux ubuntu running and its nice.. i like it not too hard to use and understand.........if we could maybe create tutorial about ubuntu for newbies like me that would be great.. like tricks commands and other tweaks... special thanks to wonder who help me install and get it ready :D

Ubuntu has what is likely the largest community of any distro, so you should easily be able to find support that way. Other than that.. you can message me anytime you want. It might take me a bit to get back to you, but I have the time to walk you through stuff.

I use Archlinux or Slack for myself, crunchbang on machines my family have to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have triple boot Gentoo with lubuntu, ubuntu with XFCE and win xp..... I cannot have anything better cause i have 512mb of ram so even et is crushing sometimes :P

Archlinux currently running. Amazing distro, except that it's a bit hard to install random packages which aren't in the repo.

Then again, it isn't as bloatware as ubuntu. Debian has been a total pain in the touchy years ago when I tried to install it (and chose FreeBSD at that time and hated it ever since principally), Red Hat has the .rpm system which is ridiculous. Gentoo is quite nice, but quite hard for a first time linux user. Slackware is also quite nice, I ran it years ago but I've heard good recent stories about it. And Mandriva I actually never used :P

• 7 months later...

I use a lot of different Linux distro's, currently on my desktop Ubuntu (Gnome 3). My laptop ArchLinux (with XFCE). Server: CentOS (on other servers I use non-linux, but Unix FreeBSD). And a whole bunch more. :)