Do you use pirated Windows?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use pirated Windows?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Sometimes
    • When my sister told me so!

No, I don't. I have 3 legal copies (1 x Win7 Ultimate, 2 x Win7 Professional (64bit or 32bit)), but only use two at the moment. And some old Windows XP licences (1 x XP Professional from my laptop). And I still have some versions available if I would like to get them (Win7 Professional 64bit, 8x WinVista, ~6x WinXP, some server versions), but I don't need those.

I love MSDN:AA :wub::P However the laptop WinXP and Win7 Ultimate I actually bought myself.

My entire main pc consists of legal software. My laptop not that much, since I am sometimes required to use applications for my education which I don't want to use and for which not a valid alternative is available (i.e., MS Office, pretty much only for reading .ppt and .doc; starts up once a month to export immediately to pdf).

Why not use a pirate version?

Why use a pirated version? You're allowed to choose whether to run it or not, but if you run it, you must pay the price. And yes, a pirated version is cheaper, but it is not your decision to decide whether or not the price is too high for you, there are cheaper alternatives. And I know I'm not totally clean on this one either, but for a thing you use the entire day don't be the cheap guy.

The consequences of no support are too great;

If its a program, then it would mean I can't use the program, but if it's an operating system, then I can't use my computer,

What if microsoft releases an update which affects the crack and a service you need is f***ed - eg. You get a bsod on safe mode,

When you finally need safe mode, you end up paying the same price as you would have in the first place and then paying extra for support with keeping your data

Paying the same and wasting time when it f***s up, and not being able to use my computer when I want to; outweigh the benefits of saving a couple hundred quid

I had the legal version of windows 7. But when I decided to re-install my whole OS on a clean slate, because my computer started getting laggy. For some reason my legal copy of windows 7 would not activate with the key anymore. And there was no way to get a new one, so I was like screw this and downloaded a cracked version.

I usually dont like using illegal versions of operating systems, but in this case I didn't feel like paying a bunch of money again for another copy of win7, when I should just be able to install the legal one again.

You can ask for a new key through the MS hotline. OR did you installed this version on 2-3-4-5 computers? Then your key wil not work anymore but you can phone for a new key 1 or 2 times with lame excuus. (new motherboard installed) But you cant repeat that numerus times.

cheers Roppie

ps: 100% legal here, always got 1-2 win7 ultimate (32&64) in stock :-P

You can ask for a new key through the MS hotline. OR did you installed this version on 2-3-4-5 computers? Then your key wil not work anymore but you can phone for a new key 1 or 2 times with lame excuus. (new motherboard installed) But you cant repeat that numerus times.

cheers Roppie

ps: 100% legal here, always got 1-2 win7 ultimate (32&64) in stock :-P

I installed it on one computer. Sent them an email and got nothing back.

wow never knew that so many people use legal version...

btw never have used illegal version but many of my friends do and they say it just works fine with no problem.

I'm using legal version because I get if from school. If I wouldn't get it from school, dunno if I would buy it (it's kind of expensive, but that's my whole pc so not really an argument...)

first I will try other solutions like linux (I already often use it), then I will consider to buy it.

Well most PCs come with windows as standard so there's not much of an issue for most people.. I have various OEM windows discs of XP/Vista/7.. And the keys from the cases of my pcs/laptops so I have no quarms about reusing them on newer machines if I don't get windows included.. (which has never happened to me)

EDIT: Also if my OEM discs wont work on a different manufacturer machine then I will simply use my unlocked home/premium/professional/ultimate disc and use one of my various legit keys.. I'm not going to pay for something twice because I can't use an OEM disc :P

I installed it on one computer. Sent them an email and got nothing back.

Dont email them, there is a special activasion phone number...... you will be send through a menu and then you will get a key !

Check====>

http://windows.micro...n-this-computer

All options are there !

cheers Roppie

That's odd.. I've never had an issue reusing a key on the same machine..

I have after replacing certain parts. I mean I guess it is technically the same computer if you upgrade your processor and motherboard. The couple times I've called to get a new serial number was very fast and painless. I was talking to a rep in india in a matter of a minute or two. Just time them you reinstalled windows and you can't re-activate it.