Playing better

Killsclowns

Absolutely. Jaymod is not the best mod to play to increase your game sense.. Personally I find nq.clan-fa.com (noquarter) and hardcore.clan-fa.com (silent) to be best for training me..

silent.clan-fa.com might be better than hc for you if you don't like FF on.. But tbh I think that makes you even better.

Not only will server hopping help you out, you should also change classes. Working with just 1 class is alright but if your a medic and your can heal after each encounter then you switch to field ops and cant heal yourself youll find that you will start getting better.

As well, the best training tip I can give you is to lose your real life and just consume yourself with ET. =P

• Like 1

Well if you are used to jaymod once you go to another server it is going to be a little different. I find it hard sometimes to jump from mod to mod and still shoot at a high accuracy

Best way to get better is to get with some people and make a scrim team and play others. I'm not sure if that's still a possibility, but it helps learn a new style of play. You also will also not be playing the terrible people that are inherently in every server.

If you join Hardcore in the evenings (US Time) there may be some good shooters. They may not be better than Jaymod 2 people per se, but with the less people and spam in the server you will get more gun fight/aiming time. You also will have to learn to NOT SHOOT TEAMMATES which will help with shooting control and not wasting bullets.

Jaymod is definitely faster than hardcore/silent, and you also have different abilities like adren on there which come into play. I also did a good amount of 1v1 and 2v2 on maps like et_headshot to practice shooting/warmup before matches.

Start by disabling autoreload and practice. It's faster to switch to pistols than to reload.

• Clan Friend

I think you don't need to change server, if you want to be good at doing something, you should do that thing.

Wanna be good at etpro? play etpro. You want to own in jaymod? play jaymod. Because the game is the same but little differences in mods and server settings require some adjustments.

In general, try to play against players who are better than you, and never choose weapons that don't require any aiming like flamer etc. in other words, try to make difficult things not easy ones.

Every now and then you can record a game and rewatch it to see which mistakes you make, or watch a better player to see how they play.

I think skill is mainly aim, among players with the same aim the one who is smarter wins. Try to focus just on one thing every match you play, for example:

making headshot quickly at the start of the fight, aim tracking, good movement during fights, trying to kill enemies in 2vs1 without getting crossfired yourself, shoot from positions where you have an advantage or cover, while your opponent doesn't.

Most fights are unbalanced (differences in number like 2vs1, or position) try to be the one with the advantage, but you also need to aim fairly well to stand a chance in even situations.

If you want to improve, play focused, don't just f. around without goals like me :D.

Eventually you will reach a skill barrier, but I think almost every player plays under his/her full potential

• Like 1

As SunLight said, it depends in what you're trying to be better, if you wanna be a real pro, begin playing on Silent -> Hc -> EtPro.

If you only wanna frag easily go to Gaymod.

As SunLight said, it depends in what you're trying to be better, if you wanna be a real pro, begin playing on Silent -> Hc -> EtPro.

If you only wanna frag easily go to Gaymod.

I sort of disagree with this. On hardcore/silent I destroy people and end up in the top 3 for frags and i play the obj. When I play jaymod or nq I rarely even get the same score, despite the larger number of players.

I think you don't need to change server, if you want to be good at doing something, you should do that thing.

Wanna be good at etpro? play etpro. You want to own in jaymod? play jaymod. Because the game is the same but little differences in mods and server settings require some adjustments.

In general, try to play against players who are better than you, and never choose weapons that don't require any aiming like flamer etc. in other words, try to make difficult things not easy ones.

Every now and then you can record a game and rewatch it to see which mistakes you make, or watch a better player to see how they play.

I think skill is mainly aim, among players with the same aim the one who is smarter wins. Try to focus just on one thing every match you play, for example:

making headshot quickly at the start of the fight, aim tracking, good movement during fights, trying to kill enemies in 2vs1 without getting crossfired yourself, shoot from positions where you have an advantage or cover, while your opponent doesn't.

Most fights are unbalanced (differences in number like 2vs1, or position) try to be the one with the advantage, but you also need to aim fairly well to stand a chance in even situations.

If you want to improve, play focused, don't just f. around without goals like me :D.

Eventually you will reach a skill barrier, but I think almost every player plays under his/her full potential

You put this better than I. Basic concept, play better people. I went around the topic by saying you had to scrim to find better players which isn't necessarly true. Each mod is different and practicing on that mod will make you better in that mod. Read the aiming guides made by raziel, bosshk, and blade. You should be able to find them all if you search for them.

• Clan Friend

I sort of disagree with this. On hardcore/silent I destroy people and end up in the top 3 for frags and i play the obj. When I play jaymod or nq I rarely even get the same score, despite the larger number of players.

Well it depends also if you are good in 1on1 or not. If you are good, with fewer players and less arty spam you are going to show your skill better than in spammy situations.

And I agree with hobbit, every time I switched from jaymod back to etpro I found I had lost skill, but never the opposite. Should mean something.

One could ask how come I'm low- if I know all these tips :D, but a thing I cannot overemphasize is trying to fight as much as possible against players who are better than you (but not so much that they crush you), in a 30 minute map how many fights you really have? How many of those opponents are really much better than you so an 1on1 against them can teach you something? The rest of those 30 mins are a 'waste' of time, training-wise (but not for the fun)

It's all a chain of things, if you lack something in the early links you will have problems

1. are you able to move your mouse the way you want every time? (mouse, mousepad, mouse grip, sens and config, pc speed, internet) you can train offline for this.

2. are you able to 1on1? (able to hit first, possibly with hs, and then track well, move well, know when to find cover and when not, when you have to preshoot or wait, switch weapon, reload or not etc.etc.

2b. are you able to 1on1 in situations where you also need to use your brain (like, when you move in the whole map instead of meeting in the same place) can you predict where he will go? Should you wait or attack? Make a good use of leaning, sounds, etc.

3. are you able to deal with 2vs1, and to choose good positions when you will have to 1on1 or fight vs multiple targets? (tactics...)

Of course you can play as smart as you want, but when you meet the enemy it's about who hits first and who aims better. Just don't go to autopilot mode, playing without thinking, stay focused on what you do. And after every fight ask yourself why you lost (bad aim? missed the 1st headshot? lack of focus? too stupid to run in an obvious 100vs1 situation?) remember that improving means changing so if you do the same things the same way you can't improve.

Sorry for the long post, I hope I gave you some useful tips.

etpro will always improve your skill, damage is different so you have to avoid being hit but being accurate at the same time

controll your fire

use garand/luger for geting better at aiming

to me only one thing matters, and thats pretty much how good your aim is

more you play the more you develop your sens of surroundings, moving backwards etc

i have found being useful thing to charge in to fights like a madman, gets people by surprise

Etpro & hardcore would boost your skill up

Strafe & other types of movements ...cause if you move the sameway all the time your opponent will start learn how you play

Play like your opponent and follow his movements

try to aim for the head at all times and shoot before your opponent does

you might want to tweak your config for better settings ....like your mouse

get a good mouse and pad and find your sensitivity

its mostly in aiming for the head, try a lil up the head and center

if theres two people trying to kill you, you can make them move in a way that will make them form a line, and most of the time you will kill the both of them.

Don't rush thru the map just take your time trying to aim

Make sure your internet connection is fine and close out unnecessary programs (downloads, firewall, antivirus)

thats all i could think of now + I'm still learning ..

• Clan Friend

Another thing I wanted to add, and that's why I said play the mod you wanna be good at, is about adrenaline.

In jay3 (where I often play) almost every fight is with adre, since adre halves bodyshot damage, a headshot counts roughly as 4 bodyshots, while on etpro it's roughly 2 bodyshots, that means that you can't just play normally (that's why I suck :)) but you really need to go for hs, it's a bit like on headshot only servers where you play differently because you know that only headshots count, so you shoot in bursts and stuff like that...

If I don't think about it, and I play with my usual style, I might lose against a player who is used to play like that. But if I adjust, then I'm going to suck at etpro, and become like those jaymodders there who make a lot of hs but have a crappy 30% accuracy and they suck because they are not used to that playstyle.

I think the only thing in common with all mods is trying to hit the head straight away, and hit first. The rest will change according to the mod you play, if it's more movement/warp based (jaymod) or aim-based (etpro, and all mods and servers where players are slower and lame netsettings are not allowed) Even the hit detection feels a bit different.

Once you start improving then you will pay attention to more things when you aim, it's not only about tracking the head, it's about knowing the right spot where to aim, taken into account player distance, animation (crouching or standing), how high is your weapon spread in that moment, for example if I have rifle and my opponent is faraway I certainly don't aim at the head, in general if the opponents size is roughly equal to my weapon spread area I aim more at the chest. These things can change from one mod to another.