Playing better

Killsclowns

Aim and gamesense.

You can have great aim, but if you run into the enemy spawn right when ten of them spawn, it's not going to help you. Three people shooting at you once can take you down quickly, but you can take three down in a row when they're coming through a door (and thus only one is shooting at you at a time), etc. Push on people when they're reloading, find cover when you are. Don't push on somebody by running at them in a straight line. Things like that make the biggest difference.

ETPro is probably the best way to increase your “skill”, meaning both pubbing and scrimmaging against others. You'll get your ass handed to you at the start for sure, but the what you learn applies (more or less) to all mods and servers.

There's a guide by velocity which has a lot of very helpful information (particularly: General Tips, Basic Skills, and the Scripting and Strategy sections). If you want a good starting place, that guide and "Aiming by RaZiel" (i. your AV might detect a trojan, it's not one. & ii. some of the tools are for XP and wont work with Vista/7, if you have those you'll need to Google for tools that will work) are both great starting points. Read those, start scrimming, and you'll get better (but be prepared to get absolutely destroyed when you start scrimming).

Edited by Brisk
  • Like 3

Aim and gamesense.

You can have great aim, but if you run into the enemy spawn right when ten of them spawn, it's not going to help you. Three people shooting at you once can take you down quickly, but you can take three down in a row when they're coming through a door (and thus only one is shooting at you at a time), etc. Push on people when they're reloading, find cover when you are. Don't push on somebody by running at them in a straight line. Things like that make the biggest difference.

ETPro is probably the best way to increase your “skill”, meaning both pubbing and scrimmaging against others. You'll get your ass handed to you at the start for sure, but the what you learn applies (more or less) to all mods and servers.

There's a guide by velocity which has a lot of very helpful information (particularly: General Tips, Basic Skills, and the Scripting and Strategy sections). If you want a good starting place, that guide and "Aiming by RaZiel" (i. your AV might detect a trojan, it's not one. & ii. some of the tools are for XP and wont work with Vista/7, if you have those you'll need to Google for tools that will work) are both great starting points. Read those, start scrimming, and you'll get better (but be prepared to get absolutely destroyed when you start scrimming).

excellent advice my friend :)

Aim and gamesense.

+1 when i started ET playing then i was always in etpro server i played there 2 year or somthing. if i did go in some other mod then many players thinked i was using hack or somthing becuse my skills was very good, what i have gotten from etpro mod. Now i have been played long time NQ server and other mods and my skill have been lowered. but i like NQ. More fun and more cool ppls! :)

Pro mod is best to learn to aim right. (ot: Played first years only Pro from 2003 - 2006 and after then when I started play nq and jm many servers were accusing hacks, I lost aims since a lot. Seems at needs to start play pro again.)

Sense thing is more personal one, some uses better accustics to hear things (never worked me cause have hearing probs).

Masa_1964

Aim and gamesense.

This.

Or just spec me.