Cod4 tips?

Dddrgn

I am not the hottest at cod4, and usually score a pretty bad negative score. I was wondering if any of you could give me some pointers on how to play and at least get a positive k/d ratio each game. I understand that it is all for fun, and I don't really worry about it, but I do want to improve. My 2 years of playing hasn't really helped so far haha. I have noticed a few big things that I do a lot in cod that ends up getting me killed that I need to work on stopping... I constantly sprint almost the entire game, so my gun is never ready, I tend to spray randomly whenever I see an enemy, I kind of go into a panic, and I always seem to try to knife people, no matter how far away they are. I mean, I understand that part of my problem when I am playing is lag. I'm on a laptop, so even with my graphics as low as possible, my lag is a bit disruptive, as well as the fact that things are kind of blurry thanks to low graphics. That alone though should not be enough to get me the often 10 kills 40 deaths that I will get a lot. My aim is about average, maybe a little less, but I can never seem to get kills. If you guys want, I could post a video or two of my gameplay and the way I play, but could you try to give me any pointers at all?

Use Uav Jammer if your a HC player and always watch your radar. Also if you know someones around a corner or if your not sure just be an ass and jump crouch through the air and spray everything, almost always works ^_^

Use a semi auto gun it will help....if you are spraying use a saw. Also pefect the jumping and shooting when you come upon someone. Also use those stun and frag grenades.

Its not always good to sprint around the map all the time. When i do it to much it gets me killed lol. Though windows and doorways and other such stuff are camped out by noobs. I like to shoot one or two people from these, then get the heck out of there. Guns i think i get the most success from are the AK-47 M4 carbine p90 and the AK-74u. Like magic said, UAV jammer and watching your uav is very important. It helps you see your enemies before they see you. I also sometime like to put silencers on my guns so if I'm in the enemies rear they can't see me, so i can run around and not have someone just see me on their uav and shoot me in the back.

Hope this helps a little:)

Look around and see where your team is, and where the fighting is happening. Use that reference point to think about where the enemy might be, as well as any popular camping spots in the area. Move carefully (not sprinting) into the enemy lines checking the all the possible camping spots. It doesn't hurt to pop stun grenades around corners or frags through a window of a suspected camping spot. Go about the game from a more analytic perspective. It's great to sprint, but only into where the battle is happening. After you get to that point you're just putting yourself at risk.

If you see any one with =F|A= tags run and hide. that is the best damn advice you gonna get !!! :camper

That is a good advice :) My best tip is to stay on server as much as you can. That's the only way you will learn the map and the other players. Your score will turn positive after a while.

Good Luck!

As you play do your best to try to memorize the general flow paths of people and find a spot(s) to watch and kill. If you want to get really into it, get to know the strategies of each person you're playing against. Almost all of F|A is quite predictable in where we hide, what paths we take etc. Hope this helps you out some.