Cod4 tips?

Dddrgn

Well i'll chime in a few tips. Playing ET kind of gave me a background of good tracking and strafing, my best cod4 game was 135 kills.

#1 Keep aimer at neck level ALWAYS, unless you are looking at the enviroment. This lets you hip fire a headshot.

#2 Scan the screen with your eyes and not crosshair. Most of the time I see people they are in the corners of my screen, making it easy to prioritize targets and snap to them.

#3 Right while you are going around a corner, aim down the sights. It zooms in a little bit so you can spot any campers. If you see there are enemies in the room or hallway, start unloading about .25 of second before clearing the wall. Blind shooting like this can get you lots of kills on vacant and district.

#4 In hardcore mode, use g3/M14 with silencer, uav jammer, dead silence, stopping power/juggernaut. This ensure that the enemy will never see you on uav, plus the single shot rifle's are 1 hit kills. I use stopping power if there is a lot of jugg users, and jugg if there are lots of smgs.

#5 Against people with shotguns or single shot weapons, jump + prone, strafe wide. Try to be as untrackable as you can. Actually, do this always.

#6 When you know someone is gonna knife you, prone or jump backwards and knife them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think I am just going to have to quash one thing that T-rat said

Jumping

As for the ppl who endorse jumping (aka bunny hopping), if it works for them fine but I'd stay away from it. Its un-orthodox at first but it too can be countered. Stick to what you would do instinctively in real life were you in that situation. At the business end of a weapon with rounds coming down range as yourself what will it take to win that firefight?

Jumping is a fine way to get kills...unrealistic? you betcha, and in more ways than you might originally think. Have you ever noticed that your gun sways a little as you aim down the sights? try jumping, your gun will go straight up and down with you, jumping makes for less spread, which is why when I am scoped in with a sniper you will often see me jump to take the shot, it's just more accurate. Now that being said, if you jump, make sure you can move quickly afterwards, what I suggest you do is throw this into your config:

bind <easily accesible key> "weapnext;wait 2; weapnext"

this will switch to your pistol, then cancel the action and pull out your main weapon again, and is much faster to press this while pressing sprint to move than unscoping/un ADSing and then pressing sprint (it also lets you skip the end of your reload animations if you can time it right, letting you reload half a second faster, nifty)

many people in the competitive scene will bind that action to their scroll wheel for easy access.

• 2 weeks later...

If you really want advises, just add me on Xfire and try to catch me when i'm on the FA Beginners, i'll spec you and tell you everything bad you do ! Thats the best that can be done, someone giving adivices in time ! It's easy to get tips or whatever but skill is not a lesson, you get it when you train and have a coach, i did it and it really helps

NB: My Xfire's on my profil, hope to see you soon !

(ToT)::Nasty