resetting on jay2

Tarzan

Im not sure if i lost my level or not i only had 2 so its not important but i lost my xp in jay2 and recruiting :( oh well just means i have to play more and get it back :D

Thats wut we did last time xp got reset on jay1 , played more to get xp more then each other :P

I understand that, but some of us see our XP as sort of a seniority. It shows that this is our home, that we spend all of our time here. I couldn't give a shit about my xp on the other servers. But I wore my xp on jay2 as a badge of honour because I was like the 2nd highest xp there. I think that is why Mangler is bent up, and I know thats why I am. But if there's nothing we can do about it, then 'oh well'. I'll still call that server my home.

That about sums it up. And as for DD's xp comment about WoW - I'm a WoW player as well so I guess thats why I hate having to start from the ground up again ^.^ I will still play there because I like don't lag at all and Jay2 has the coolest people by far but its just a pain haha. Sorry for the complaining <3

• Administrators

That about sums it up. And as for DD's xp comment about WoW - I'm a WoW player as well so I guess thats why I hate having to start from the ground up again ^.^ I will still play there because I like don't lag at all and Jay2 has the coolest people by far but its just a pain haha. Sorry for the complaining

in WoW with all levels you get something.. in ET once you reach level 5 in all class, XP is just number on scoreboard and it doesn't even reflect the skills.

• Like 2

Any of the server owners can contact me via xfire: "akkthedude", about this problem. I was a server owner of a pretty active jaymod server for about 2 years. I dont believe it's just a jaymod issue, if I can see the server.cfg file I think I got a chance to tell you whats wrong in there...

I do believe there's something wrong with the config atm. Any changes made there latetely? A standard jaymod cfg issue is that it's important where the exec user.db or level.db is written in the config. First add the g_schrubbot line and the level.db and exec user.db and all this, then afterwards add the xp_save line. If the XP-save lines are written before the execing of the schrubbot, xp can be lost in jaymod, dont know why, but thats my expierence. PB can be the problem too, or something wrong with the execing of user.db file, or even a full user.db file can cause this (jaymod user.db file can only store up till about 7000 player ID's, so XP-save for ever is impossible on very active servers).

If the problem cant be fixed, I suggest you switch to another jaymod version, like 2.1.10 instead of 2.2.0, cause even I agree XP aint important, you'll loose players this way. Afterall not only XP is lost, all levels are gone too (this means the user is deleted, or not recognised via the user.db file or via PB). And guys, one other thing: stop uploading maps without waypoints for bots. If you need waypoints for a map, but you cant find any on the internet, ask me, I'll make them in 10min.

Cya,

The Dude

• Like 1

• Administrators

Any of the server owners can contact me via xfire: "akkthedude", about this problem. I was a server owner of a pretty active jaymod server for about 2 years. I dont believe it's just a jaymod issue, if I can see the server.cfg file I think I got a chance to tell you whats wrong in there...

I do believe there's something wrong with the config atm. Any changes made there latetely? A standard jaymod cfg issue is that it's important where the exec user.db or level.db is written in the config. First add the g_schrubbot line and the level.db and exec user.db and all this, then afterwards add the xp_save line. If the XP-save lines are written before the execing of the schrubbot, xp can be lost in jaymod, dont know why, but thats my expierence. PB can be the problem too, or something wrong with the execing of user.db file, or even a full user.db file can cause this (jaymod user.db file can only store up till about 7000 player ID's, so XP-save for ever is impossible on very active servers).

If the problem cant be fixed, I suggest you switch to another jaymod version, like 2.1.10 instead of 2.2.0, cause even I agree XP aint important, you'll loose players this way. Afterall not only XP is lost, all levels are gone too (this means the user is deleted, or not recognised via the user.db file or via PB). And guys, one other thing: stop uploading maps without waypoints for bots. If you need waypoints for a map, but you cant find any on the internet, ask me, I'll make them in 10min.

Cya,

The Dude

Thanks for help The Dude!

It's not config issue because if it would be then after mass prune, it shouldn't save XP either. In jaymod, you don't need "exec" or add "exec" in config for loading db files because on each map load it auto read those files from mod folder, saves in memory and auto writes on each map end. g_shrubbot doesn't exist in jaymod 2.1.7+

PB can't be problem because we don't have PB and even when we had PB we had same issue.

Jaymod 2.1.7 user.db can store up to 9999 user ID and Jaybird extended it in 2.2.0 on my request but it seems it doesn't work correctly once you go above that limit. More or less we don't have XP save forever. It's for 30 days and after that it gets deleted unless user has admin level.

Going back to 2.1.10 will change nothing because it's somewhere core code issue. Can you please tell me which maps on server are missing wavepoints? Please report it on tracker and if needed we will contact you for waypoints.

Thanks for offering help but you are little off the track with jaymod settings.

Thanks

Indeed I only worked with 2.1.7, but there you needed to exec the files, because otherwise the server made auto diccision what file to exec first and thats the point. If you exec it in the cfg, the server will follow your order. You can first exec all files leading to level.db and user.db and then later add the xp_save line. This solved the loosing xp problem on ours jaymod 2.1.7...

But neverless, I understand the problem can also be inside the new jaymod scripts and I hear you know what your talking about. Though on 2.1.7 I never had problem with it xp_save after tuning the config. Thats all I wanted to say. Good luck with it and thanks for the reply,

The Dude

• Administrators

Even in 2.1.7 you don't need to execute db files. Jaymod loads by itself. There was bug in 2.1.7 which was not loading censor.db files or so but it was fixed in 2.1.8 nightly builds.

Last time i reported bugs like 6 months back to Jaybird and they are still not fixed. I am not going to bother this time. Sooner or later all servers will hit this bug. It's something regarding this new generated random GUID's by websites mucking up storing of user XP.

how is this going to effect an application status with everyones xp being wipped out? i know i talk to kev about it

Well, I guess if someone is referring you, he can also vouch for you about your previous XP. If a member confirms that you had enough XP I don't think it is a problem.

No XP needed for jay2 and Jay3 applicants.

Updated the application stickies to reflect it. Changed that part to:

Do you have 40,000 XP (not necessary on Jay2 and Jay3 Beginners):

Do you have 40,000 XP (not necessary on Jay2 and Jay3 Beginners):

I lost my 20.000 XP in Jay1 , Wile I try to join F|A under 40.000 XP

You just can hold this Rule until Fix the Servers please.

To be honest I have no clue.. what is causing loss in XP.

Thanks for your Honest ,

Good job at all

and,

Have great day.

Thanks

Have fun !!

Edited by MrDeaTh

Clan hopefuls I have spoken to about this issue know who they are, and we will keep your XP loss in mind.

In-Game conduct is much more important than your XP anyways.

• Like 1