District 9 (2009)

daredevil

i disagrre - ingloruius was a terrible dissapoiment. Its 18; these people hate nazis. You expect to see the bear jew ripping off jaws whilst stabbing them in the balls and going 'Die b***!' , and then body slamming their corpses . What i got instead was something that was unengaging and dissapointing in its action. There are little attempts to make the characters likeable, the dialgoue passable and the ending was far too disbelivable imo. Bout the only exciting scene was when the bastards stopped a jeep in the middle of the forest and reenct a scene reminiscent of Reservoir Dogs. I think i may have enjoyed it more if i haden't expected something like Rambo but instead it was more like The Punisher. And as for that sniper ... makes Harry Potter seem real

As for District 9 it had a terrible start and the last scene should have been cut out . The biggest problem i found was the interviews; they interrupted the flow of the film and slowed it down before the pace picks up in the latter third of the film. I did however enjoy how it was different to other sci-films and attempted to be an itteligent film showcasing problems such as Xenophobia.

I diasgree with pretty much everything you wrote here.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I diasgree with pretty much everything you wrote here.

lol i went to saw inglorious with 4 people me included and 2 of us hated it , 2 of us liked it :P District 9 4 people again, all agreed it was slow to start with and took too long to get any action going . And oh we saw Gamer and i was the only one bothered by it lol :lol:

but as Dixus - its your opion :)

• 3 weeks later...

"District 9" really got my stunned, i checked out the movie yesterday and OMFG... great acting, great kind of docu. type of filming @ the beginning and the end.

I would recommend to watch the movie.

Inglo. Bastards, Knowing and District 9 are 3 of the best movies 2009 brought us untill this day (My opinion ofcourse)

"District 9" really got my stunned, i checked out the movie yesterday and OMFG... great acting, great kind of docu. type of filming @ the beginning and the end.

I would recommend to watch the movie.

Inglo. Bastards, Knowing and District 9 are 3 of the best movies 2009 brought us untill this day (My opinion ofcourse)

:agree

• 1 month later...

from what i hear everyone i know who went and saw it says it was crappy! they said the begining is soooo slow that they lost interest and either walked out of the theater or turned it off and put a differnt dvd on

• 1 month later...

I still haven't seen this. I really need to rent or borrow this from my cousin.

The movie was actually an expansion from Neill Blomkamp's short film, Alive in Joburg. District 9 is his first feature film (other than shorts and commericals), and judging by the overall reviews and box office income ($203,600,000, more than six times its budget of $30 million), it sounds like he did a ok job.

people told me... nice idea. terrible movie... So probably not that great at all...

Wont go to the cinema for it. Will watch it on dvd.

:agree

I went to watch it to the cinema, and i regret having spent money on it. But its just my opinion. ;)