District 9 (2009)

daredevil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, ive heard that from some friends, i might just wait

if you didnt see... and if you want to go to cinama.. the best movie this year for me was inglorious basterds.

This was so good. Best tarantino since pulp fiction. 2 1/2 hours didnt get boring. Great actors like Walz that should get an oscar for this. Great soundtrack too.

if you didnt see... and if you want to go to cinama.. the best movie this year for me was inglorious basterds.

This was so good. Best tarantino since pulp fiction. 2 1/2 hours didnt get boring. Great actors like Walz that should get an oscar for this. Great soundtrack too.

i disagrre - ingloruius was a terrible dissapoiment. Its 18; these people hate nazis. You expect to see the bear jew ripping off jaws whilst stabbing them in the balls and going 'Die b***!' , and then body slamming their corpses . What i got instead was something that was unengaging and dissapointing in its action. There are little attempts to make the characters likeable, the dialgoue passable and the ending was far too disbelivable imo. Bout the only exciting scene was when the bastards stopped a jeep in the middle of the forest and reenct a scene reminiscent of Reservoir Dogs. I think i may have enjoyed it more if i haden't expected something like Rambo but instead it was more like The Punisher. And as for that sniper ... makes Harry Potter seem real

As for District 9 it had a terrible start and the last scene should have been cut out . The biggest problem i found was the interviews; they interrupted the flow of the film and slowed it down before the pace picks up in the latter third of the film. I did however enjoy how it was different to other sci-films and attempted to be an itteligent film showcasing problems such as Xenophobia.

i disagrre - ingloruius was a terrible dissapoiment. Its 18; these people hate nazis. You expect to see the bear jew ripping off jaws whilst stabbing them in the balls and going 'Die b***!' , and then body slamming their corpses . What i got instead was something that was unengaging and dissapointing in its action. There are little attempts to make the characters likeable, the dialgoue passable and the ending was far too disbelivable imo. Bout the only exciting scene was when the bastards stopped a jeep in the middle of the forest and reenct a scene reminiscent of Reservoir Dogs. I think i may have enjoyed it more if i haden't expected something like Rambo but instead it was more like The Punisher. And as for that sniper ... makes Harry Potter seem real

Well thats your opinion. Thats fine. But most things you wrote make that a great tarantino movie. The straight, brutal way of the bastards ( a chapter of the movie not THE movie), the sickness of tarantinos brain. The genius Christoph Walz and the crazy story ( its a fairy story / phantasm - not a documentary movie - most people forget about that).

For me as a german it should be a great bs seeing how every german soldat got blamed as a jew killer... thats not true, but thats also not the core message of the movie. Again. Best movie this year for me.

Well thats your opinion. Thats fine. But most things you wrote make that a great tarantino movie. The straight, brutal way of the bastards ( a chapter of the movie not THE movie), the sickness of tarantinos brain. The genius Christoph Walz and the crazy story ( its a fairy story / phantasm - not a documentary movie - most people forget about that).

For me as a german it should be a great bs seeing how every german soldat got blamed as a jew killer... thats not true, but thats also not the core message of the movie. Again. Best movie this year for me.

hmmm.. id problaey rate Inglorius with Death Race, which had great soundtrack, strange plot and didnt feel as good as Planet Terror lol .Waltz was fantastic ill agree , and lol i would have severly hoped by the the end of the film they realise that the events in the theater were not based on any true facts :lol: I think his earlier films worked because of great lead actors (uma thurman, samuel jackson , travolta , roth , kietel ) and an intresting twist to his film styles that others didnt have. With Reservoir dogs it was the way the story was told. With kill bill, which wasent critically popular but my favourite, it wasent so much as the ludcrious sword fights (still fun though) but the way the story played out with chapters. certianly, when this film gave chapters i thought of kill bill :P

I

hmmm.. id problaey rate Inglorius with Death Race, which had great soundtrack, strange plot and didnt feel as good as Planet Terror lol .Waltz was fantastic ill agree , and lol i would have severly hoped by the the end of the film they realise that the events in the theater were not based on any true facts :lol: I think his earlier films worked because of great lead actors (uma thurman, samuel jackson , travolta , roth , kietel ) and an intresting twist to his film styles that others didnt have. With Reservoir dogs it was the way the story was told. With kill bill, which wasent critically popular but my favourite, it wasent so much as the ludcrious sword fights (still fun though) but the way the story played out with chapters. certianly, when this film gave chapters i thought of kill bill :P

nicely written. And yes.. Planet terror was so great. liked it more than death proof.

But Planet terror was a Robert Rodriguez movie. Death proof was tarantino..

Here something to remember and to hold on a while ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8cCzltPD6Y

nicely written. And yes.. Planet terror was so great. liked it more than death proof.

But Planet terror was a Robert Rodriguez movie. Death proof was tarantino..

Here something to remember and to hold on a while ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8cCzltPD6Y

lol i know iwas comparing the two 'grindhouse' films really lol

And hmmm...ill admit i was secrtly hoping for a 'hobo with a shotgun' or 'werewolf of the ss' to be the one they made but ah well ;) this should make for something intresting at the very least. Kinda reminds me of Desperados in some ways, which i never finished lol

lol i know iwas comparing the two 'grindhouse' films really lol

And hmmm...ill admit i was secrtly hoping for a 'hobo with a shotgun' or 'werewolf of the ss' to be the one they made but ah well ;) this should make for something intresting at the very least. Kinda reminds me of Desperados in some ways, which i never finished lol

lol true. i was hoping they make one real movie of one of the grindhouse trailers... would be awesome

lol true. i was hoping they make one real movie of one of the grindhouse trailers... would be awesome

oh thanks for the link. i knew that they talked about to make a movie.. but i didnt know that they are really doing it.

This will become the next milestone i am sure rofl

oh thanks for the link. i knew that they talked about to make a movie.. but i didnt know that they are really doing it.

This will become the next milestone i am sure rofl

lol hopefully not a benchmark ^^ i dont rodriguez has made a decent film since from dawn to dusk, though spy kida wasent too bad i supose

lol hopefully not a benchmark ^^ i dont rodriguez has made a decent film since from dawn to dusk, though spy kida wasent too bad i supose

uhm i like from dusk till dawn pretty much. Btw Sin City was Rodriquez as well.

Whats your opinion about david lynch. Also sickness combined with great soundtracks...

The Lost Highway O.S.T. is really nice.

uhm i like from dusk till dawn pretty much. Btw Sin City was Rodriquez as well.

Whats your opinion about david lynch. Also sickness combined with great soundtracks...

The Lost Highway O.S.T. is really nice.

oh yeah, lol that was good. if i had to rank all comic book conversions ive seen, iwould rate sin city quite highly for sticking quite close to the original material. unlike judge dredd...

lol ive never seen lynch. i nearly saw eraserhead and blue vvelvet but i forget to set the record butron >< ah well .