Amy Winehouse Found Dead In London Home

Baska

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Amy-Winehouse-Found-Dead-At-Home-In-Camden-London-Say-Sky-Sources/Article/201107416036201?DCMP=News-search-sslc

Singer Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in Camden, north London, at the age of 27, police have confirmed.

The London Ambulance Service was called to her flat just after 4pm but were unable to save her life.

Sky sources said the singer was "beyond help" when paramedics arrived.

"On arrival, officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene," a police statement said.

Her death is being treated as unexplained and inquiries are continuing into the circumstances, it added.

The Back To Black artist had cancelled all tour dates and engagements last month

after a series of erratic public appearances.

Her final show was in Belgrade in June where she was jeered by fans after a shambolic performance.

She had appeared briefly on stage with her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield on Wednesday night.

She had been troubled by drink and drugs problems throughout her career.

Tributes to the singer have been posted on Twitter. Sarah Brown, the wife of former Prime Minister Gordon Brown said her death was a "terrible waste of a great talent."

Kelly Osbourne tweeted that she had "just lost 1 of my best friends"

Sad, but kind of what I expected to happen :\

Once you get stuck in that kind of spiral it's damn hard to get out

It's a shame though, I really kind of liked her style, that whole throw back to the 60's movement is great

Damn! What a waste. I am not surprised though--cocaine and booze are evil monkeys to have on your back. I dont know if she was high when she died but I would bet my last dollar on it. Such a soulful voice and I always thought she was sexy--but I like dirty bad girls.

RIP Amy

Sorry but i don't care. Even children know what drugs make with ppl. She was rich, she could go on taraphy but she dont wanted. So that was her life. Everyday ppl are dieing inf crash, work not of their fail.

She lived like she wanted and thats effect of it.