Min Requirments

Dan

Battlefield 3 leaked minimum specs for PC:

Installed: Origin

CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster

RAM: 4 GB or more

Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space

Video: 512 MB or greater

DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)

Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card

Internet: broadband connection

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah

Got atm

-quad core at 3.4 ghz (overclocked to 4 ghz)

- 8gig ram

- video 2GB

AND AS SOON AMD RELEASES THEIR NEW CPU's, i'm buying that one

w00t w00t got the minimum specs ^^

WOW that's a lot for a min requirements to make it works on a PC, bad news for old PC and laptop :blink:

personally I think my duo Q9550 and XFX HD5870 will handle it without a problem :lol:

Im going out on a limb and saying that is probably the recommended specs.

close, but no cigar

It is the recommended specification, but of the alpha release. Although HaikuOS has a perfect Alpha, most larger software packets have an Alpha which is running, without bugs (hopefully), but not that much optimized yet. Although the GPU might be optimized (a bit at least), the CPU-requirement is might be overkill (debug information, which you might need in an Alpha release, is not left out).

On the other hand, GTA4 'runs' on a dual core (at that time, 2008), but it actually requires a quad-core for normal gaming experience. So it wouldn't be the first game to require a quadcore.

EDIT: Other sources give 256MB Graphic cards. That would implicate that it is either much 'unbalanced' like GTA4, or that the CPU is (still) really overkill. Or the GPU is insufficient :P

Btw, since I want to game at at least 1680x1050, I guess my 9800GT can't hold it. And my CPU is still a dual core. And my SSD has only ~5GB left. And the PC isn't fully stable. I guess a new PC would be required for this game, but luckily I can entertain myself in the meanwhile with CoD4 :P

Edited by rolf

i have all specs needed except Vista or Win7. Eff themmmmm! but Douglas reccomended some program like Partial Magic or something, lets me have half my HD as Win7, half as XP. idk.

Im going out on a limb and saying that is probably the recommended specs.
close, but no cigar

He's right ... 2 seconds on google and ... http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/news/battlefield-3-pc-specs.html

Neither DICE, its developer, nor Electronic Arts, its publisher, said anything about the system specifications, but GameStop has apparently leaked the requirements through its website, but quickly took them down.

Luckily, Gamerzines managed to snatch them up, and you can see the leaked Battlefield 3 PC system requirements below.

Minimum requirements

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHzRAM2GB

Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended requirements

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPURAM 4GB

Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

The PC requirements for Battlefield 3 aren't that high, so it seems that quite a lot of PC gamers are going to be able to experience the new first-person shooter from DICE on October 26, when it is out for the aforementioned PC, as well as for consoles like the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.

Expect EA or DICE to reveal an official statement about these requirements soon.

Crap ... going to have to buy a new Grafix Card to replace my aging Radeon HD 5770 :cry:hmm

i have all specs needed except Vista or Win7. Eff themmmmm! but Douglas reccomended some program like Partial Magic or something, lets me have half my HD as Win7, half as XP. idk.

You can pick up an OEM copy of Win7 kinda cheap ($99 Hm Prem / $140 Pro) like I did from NewEgg.

"requirements arent that high" WTF IS THAT WEBSITE SMOKING? thats a mega nice PC youd have with all those fkin specs, and thats just reccomended.......

LA add me on xfire i need to talk to u

Edited by General

As long as the smokes effects are on low are tuned down (unlike bc2 where it doesn't matter what settings) i know ill be able to run it, but from the new trailers for Mp its still going to be filled with tons of smoke effects regardless of settings.

@LA_KINGS:

Please note that the specifications are still to be confirmed by EA or DICE and are subject to change.

Furthermore, the source of GameStop is a guy who just state the requirements, without a bit of explanation why/how he got it. And I doubt the user Andy72184 is really from Battlefield.

Ow, and an OEM licence should be bought with hardware, it is not that you can simply buy it in the store. If you're still a student, you might be able to get an cheaper version (at least in the Netherlands, 50E instead of 250E), or even a free version if you're part of MSDN:AA (usually if you're studying something in Computer Science)