Min Requirments

Dan

@LA_KINGS:

Ow, and an OEM licence should be bought with hardware, it is not that you can simply buy it in the store. If you're still a student, you might be able to get an cheaper version (at least in the Netherlands, 50E instead of 250E), or even a free version if you're part of MSDN:AA (usually if you're studying something in Computer Science)

Well I guess maybe it's a bit different in the Netherlands ? Here in California at least, I can walk into Fry's and buy the OEM 64 bit version of Win7 Home Premium for $90.

Or order it online from TigerDirect, NewEgg, MicroCenter or any other number of sources ... and not have to buy ANY hardware. I picked up a "FULL - OEM" Win7 Pro 64 Bit from NewEgg this way for $140.00 and then had a $25.00 off promo code, so $125.00 US dollars, instead of the say $200 for a retail boxed UPGRADE version or $300 retail boxed FULL version.

Now you might not get "tech support" w/ it ... as I understand it, the OEM version means the "system builder" i.e. in this case YOU, are responsible for the 'tech support'.

But how often have any of us called Microsoft #1 and #2 actually been happy with the info we got ? ... "Is your system plugged in sir ? ... try reformatting the HDD and reinstalling Windows sir, I'll hold ... hmmm that didn't work either ? ... Well let me get my supervisor ... " ;)

Anyways, I know I'm happy with it. :rolleyes:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ow, and an OEM licence should be bought with hardware, it is not that you can simply buy it in the store. If you're still a student, you might be able to get an cheaper version (at least in the Netherlands, 50E instead of 250E), or even a free version if you're part of MSDN:AA (usually if you're studying something in Computer Science)

Language: Niederländisch

Lizenz: 1 User

Art: SystemBuilder

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

(64-Bit, inkl. ServicePack 1, niederländ.)

€ 92,90 €

---

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

€ 122,90 e

---

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

€ 162,90 €

short trip to Germany :) (or via mail)

Have to change XP to Vista/7 only for BF3? Just no, I love my XP x64 too much.

i was thinking like you, especially, as i have get my previous laptop with Windows Vista. Never deletet a OS so fast. (back to XP) :)

On my new one is Win7 and i must say i love it.

OEM story

A bit off topic and late, but here it states that it is not allowed to buy it yourself and use it yourself, it is only for resale. It is undetectable for Microsoft, but it is not allowed. Similar to the student-versions or MSDN:AA resale, it is undetectable (it could have been a legal version), but it isn't legal.

@stabak: Student version, Professional (for me) is 50E. I have 6 Windows 7 Professional licences available (MSDN:AA, 2x32bit, 2x64bit, 2x"development/debug"). But most PC's have some version of Windows 7 already supplied (all laptops, what pretty much everybody buys these days). A short trip can be avoided :P

From BF3 Alpha build, it looks like campers paradise :) My friend is playing it.

Great. that means itll be bunch o noobs, nd complainin, partially from me, as well as age of time long maps >.<

• Administrators

Great. that means itll be bunch o noobs, nd complainin, partially from me, as well as age of time long maps >.

It's still alpha build so it could change :)

On the side note:

859558029.png

• 3 weeks later...