Windows

Crasher

XP or Vista?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. XP or Vista?

• XP
    • Vista
    • Neither, i'm a cool kid with Mac (LOL)

Running mac os x and Vista on my 2009 Macbook Pro. Ran windows xp sp2, got less fps and more networking lag than on Vista. Vista was annoying for the first.... 15 minutes. Once you disable uac and a few other needless services, it's better than xp imo.

Running mac os x and Vista on my 2009 Macbook Pro. Ran windows xp sp2, got less fps and more networking lag than on Vista. Vista was annoying for the first.... 15 minutes. Once you disable uac and a few other needless services, it's better than xp imo.

+1.

Most people hate on Vista because they have just heard its bad from the impatient whiny people that look for things to be wrong.

+1.

Most people hate on Vista because they have just heard its bad from the impatient whiny people that look for things to be wrong.

tried it and anything didn´t work at it vs on XP everything worked well... os its not just rumors its a fact. and disableing uac, well basicly u have XP with 2 times more recourseful :P

It cracks me up totally. Vista is a good system. I think that if you have a good graphics card, cpu and Ram, it is great.

First: XP is built off of Technology from 8 years ago and has been patched to hell and back. There is no Bluetooth support, Native Bu-Ray support or even Native DVD support.

Second: XP has more Critical security holes each month it is used. I wouldn’t even attempt to put an XP system on the Web without any protection.

Third: XP does not take advantage of Multi-Core CPU’s without some form of Patch or Update from AMD or Intel. It doesn’t even utilize Multiple Cores correctly or show proper frequency for Cores.

We are going into the next decade and 64-bit OS will be the future for hardware. It is about time for people to stop whining and buy a better computer. Your computer from 6 years ago will not take advantage of todays technological advances.

+1.

I got Vista on a new laptop a couple years ago. I quickly discovered to my horror that none of my USB devices (flash drive, printer) would work on it. It took 20 minutes (not kidding) to start up, and asked me about every program I tried to open whether I trusted it or not. I got sick of it and wiped the new laptop and put XP on it. XP was ten times faster and I could find all the drivers I needed.

It cracks me up totally. Vista is a good system. I think that if you have a good graphics card, cpu and Ram, it is great.

First: XP is built off of Technology from 8 years ago and has been patched to hell and back. There is no Bluetooth support, Native Bu-Ray support or even Native DVD support.

Second: XP has more Critical security holes each month it is used. I wouldn’t even attempt to put an XP system on the Web without any protection.

Third: XP does not take advantage of Multi-Core CPU’s without some form of Patch or Update from AMD or Intel. It doesn’t even utilize Multiple Cores correctly or show proper frequency for Cores.

We are going into the next decade and 64-bit OS will be the future for hardware. It is about time for people to stop whining and buy a better computer. Your computer from 6 years ago will not take advantage of todays technological advances.

First - Sure its old but its still good and mine hardly gets updated

Second - Then you're a fool. Besides thats more of your web browsing software, not XP. Anybody who browses with any OS and no protection softwatr is a dumb***

Third - I have a quad core, and it only holds it back a very tiny bit. And my dad NEVER updates drivers so yeah your wrong. (Intel I2)

I dont know, you could be a respectable tech, or just a man with an opinion, but i am just a kid and proved your three statements to either false or a maybe.

Yes 64bit OS is the future, but if it is so, then quit comparing 32bit vs 64bit, when even XP gets some benchmarks close to Win7 and thats 32v64. Do its not even a fair comparison for XP.

First, My WinXP still gets updated every Tuesday, but hey, it's Patch Tuesday... :P Same for Win7. The point is that it's old. You can't improve things of 10 years old easily anymore, and your hardware actually gets better. Yes it runs good, but by your standards of 10 years ago.

Second, so I am an dumb? I never run a firewall (other than the default in the OS, thank you WinXP SP3), no antivirus, and yes, every once in a while I catch something. I got once a spyware on Win7, but that was by literally own stupidity. The number of times I got something on XP I can't count. Irrelevant to the browser: IE, Firefox and I even used Opera back then... And no, I don't use my computer differently.

Third, indeed, you don't have to update to use multicore. I believe that was required by Win2K, SP3, but I'm not sure anymore. That the CPU isn't recognized correctly is true, but usually you don't know specifically which CPU they will be using in 5 years. But that is not a mayor issue other than "Intel Unknown SMP" or something.

Ow, and you have a WinXP 64bit, but there aren't that many drivers; yes your Intel networkcard will work fine, even as your graphic card, but don't try to use some obscene hardware. On the other hand, yes we can compare 32bit vs. 64bit, because with the current systems you actually buy not less than 4GB memory. WinXP 32bit can't address all of them and you don't want to run WinXP 64bit.