Windows

Crasher

XP or Vista?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. XP or Vista?

• XP
    • Vista
    • Neither, i'm a cool kid with Mac (LOL)

Windows XP is one of the oldest crap still people still run, and think it's good. Windows XP is 10 years old, and the reason WHY it runs fast, is because it's 10 years old. It's made for Intel Pentiums 4's, but such that it still can easily run on Pentium 3's and I even ran it on a Pentium 2 without too much problem (lack of memory only). Since current computers are about 10 times faster, no wonder that it's fast. Back in those days, even I found it slow and it took 3 times more memory at start-up then Win2K. Guess what I had installed most of the time. WinXP became better after the SP1, pretty much when I required some options not in Win2K and only in XP (after all, Win2K was not a 'home'-OS). I believe compatibility mode was one of those.

I've never run WinVista, but it's an OS that should have been Win7. It had the same flaws as WinXP at first: slow and you can't find what you're looking for. But after a few years, when more people are using it, it becomes less annoying. But after 2.5 years, Win7 was already released; the beta a year earlier and people who tested it already said that it was "bug-free" (as far as that can be true for any large software product), the RC1 freely available half a year before that. I think WinVista had a lot of potential, especially after a SP1, if they hadn't released it with too many bugs. But a bad mouth spreads fast...

OS X isn't that bad either, but since I'm grown up with Windows I can't find everything I want. Therefor I don't like it, but slowly I'm learning about it; and I somehow like it sometimes.

I currently run 2x WinXP and 1x Win7, but one XP will be transformed to a Linux computer (and be more useful then). My laptop is too slow for Win7 or Vista, so I still run XP for it. When I'm going to replace it, it will probably be an Apple (MacBook Air). I really can't vote in this poll, because there is a lack of options and a good question.