CPU over heating.

3 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Other than Thermal paste, which you said a few weeks ago is newly replaced, have you checked on the airflow of your fans through the case?? I saw on JayzTwoCents on YT last week that a lot of people get the fans reversed on their CPU Cooler, particularly

CPU cooling fans are well placed, but the extra 2 I added... I might need to check. I will try to share pics of the setup tomorrow. With so much info. here I feel like I live in a cave and I know shit about anything. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Other than Thermal paste, which you said a few weeks ago is newly replaced, have you checked on the airflow of your fans through the case?? I saw on JayzTwoCents on YT last week that a lot of people get the fans reversed on their CPU Cooler, particularly

i was thinking same thing . is the cpu cooler fan on backwards . but he said  it works fine only in one game, does he have problems. maybe turn the cpu fan speed up  before u start this game. and turn up cpu cooler fan also?

• Leader
On 5/21/2024 at 3:03 AM, tipsy said:

GPU =  RTX3060 . 

This site shows your GPU to be for the "medium range".

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition PC Requirements Revealed - IGN  (posted in March 2024)

@tipsy

Installed and started playing it today....And yes it does make my CPU run hotter than normal. Ryzen 7 5700x usually maxes around the 60 mark when playing games but tops out at 75C on Horizon, seems a very resource hungry game.

Good looking game though so glad you had an issue as wouldnt be playing otherwise.

I removed the side panel and placed my mobo on the desk. things are better (for now). 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 2:33 PM, tipsy said:

I removed the side panel and placed my mobo on the desk. things are better (for now). 

Do you have similar program like this one? for you'r intel CPU.

image.thumb.png.9cde4837f873cedd14416fe04a4e9f98.png

Edited by Puni

• Leader
Posted (edited)

I had thought that those two cables leading to the CPU were water-cooling hoses, but @tipsy says that he does not have water cooling.

My sealed CPU water-cooling kit looks like that, but with a plain round "puck" atop the CPU.  I had installed it.  My kit has no fluid tank to refill.  My two hoses lead off to a "radiator" on the back panel with a fan mounted on it.  (It came with 2 fans, but I took one off for being too noisy.

The pic below shows a very similar situation.  It looks to me like two water-cables leading off somewhere.  I see a tiny cable leading off to the motherboard, which is probably the power for the pump mounted on the CPU.  Even when expanded, I cannot see if the power is properly plugged into the mobo.  

I believe that I can test my water pump by just touching it with a finger to see if it vibrating at all.

IMG_20240609_180133_750.jpg

TipsyCPU2mobo4x240608.thumb.jpg.29f84105c6b4ae10aa6d52b28f0d6d60.jpg

And, I just realized that another pic shows the hoses plugged into what looks like a radiator.

IMG_20240609_180133_833.jpg  

It does not look like my old-style radiator, though.  It looks much more modern!  😄 

We need more 'modern' opinions here...  ⁉️

Edited by RedBaird
wrong image the first time, then added another

2 hours ago, RedBaird said:

I had thought that those two cables leading to the CPU were water-cooling hoses, but @tipsy says that he does not have water cooling.

It does not look like my old-style radiator, though.  It looks much more modern!  😄 

You are right about that, @RedBaird! That definitely looks like a water cooler to me. Looks like a MSI MAG Series CORELIQUID 360R v1 if I had to guess 😄 

PS. I am no expert on these things but the way the radiator is mounted seems odd to me. I think the tubes are recommended to go at the bottom, but I could be wrong. 

Edited by Element'
observations
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP

Those hoses go to a radiator so it has to be water cooled, otherwise that would be fans and there would be a large CPU Fan over the CPU

• Like 1

• Leader
3 hours ago, Element' said:

PS. I am no expert on these things but the way the radiator is mounted seems odd to me. I think the tubes are recommended to go at the bottom, but I could be wrong.

Some of the pics are upside-down.  It looks like the radiator is on the front of the case, judging by the GPU mounting, presumably at the rear.  

30 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

Some of the pics are upside-down.  It looks like the radiator is on the front of the case, judging by the GPU mounting, presumably at the rear.  

Going off this pic: (the right orientation)air could be getting stuck up in the line is what I mean. 🤔 If the tubes were going downward there would be no chance of air getting in the lines. 

IMG_2912.jpeg

IMG_2911.webp

IMG_2910.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

• Leader
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Element' said:

If the tubes were going downward there would be no chance of air getting in the lines. 

You mean like this guy recommends for AIO cooling systems, I presume.   It looks like I installed mine with the tubes at the top.  I may have to take mine apart and switche, AFTER I find the installation manual and check it again. 😄  I had never thought of "air in the lines" for a sealed system with no water fill-tank.  :hmm 

Just a new thought:  so, an air bubble in the lines might cause the pump to malfunctions, just as air in our blood would cause our hearts to be unable to pump blood?  Air would stay in the top of the radiator and not be drawn back into the pump.  :hmm 

Edited by RedBaird
new thought
  • 100 1

9 hours ago, RedBaird said:

My sealed CPU water-cooling kit looks like that, but with a plain round "puck" atop the CPU.  I had installed it.  My kit has no fluid tank to refill.  My two hoses lead off to a "radiator" on the back panel with a fan mounted on it.  (It came with 2 fans, but I took one off for being too noisy.

The pic below shows a very similar situation.  It looks to me like two water-cables leading off somewhere.  I see a tiny cable leading off to the motherboard, which is probably the power for the pump mounted on the CPU.  Even when expanded, I cannot see if the power is properly plugged into the mobo.  

I believe that I can test my water pump by just touching it with a finger to see if it vibrating at all.

IMG_20240609_180133_750.jpg

TipsyCPU2mobo4x240608.thumb.jpg.29f84105c6b4ae10aa6d52b28f0d6d60.jpg

And, I just realized that another pic shows the hoses plugged into what looks like a radiator.

IMG_20240609_180133_833.jpg  

crash-bandicoot-woah.gif.14ec0940c25512bf1ac17230b4817675.gif

what the monster 😄 

funny how he says it's not water cooled 

UNTESTED MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R ARGB Performance Liquid CPU Cooler FOR PARTS

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186180110043

p.s i'm pretty sure i watched over 10 videos of this https://www.youtube.com/@GregSalazar here having to replace this mag cores a number of times they  like to clogged up it would be a good idea to take this thing off and make sure it's not  clogged up he had to even replace the news ones from the  liquid they put in in the factor bc they got to hot 

Edited by *Kiba*
  • 100 1