Windows WIndows 10 or Windows 11?

Vasylich

Hi all! I'm building a new computer and am stuck at the stage of choosing the Windows version.
I thought about getting and installing version 11, but after some research I see that reviews about it are still mixed, especially after the introduction of forced updates. Obviously there are people here who have Windows 11, so I would like to know your opinions on whether it is worth upgrading to Windows 11 or staying on version 10?

• Like 3

I use both on different machines. Have had no issue with either one in my specific use case and have yet to encounter a compatibility issue on Windows 11 with any of the applications I use.

I recommend getting Windows 11, most importantly because official support for Windows 10 by Microsoft will be discontinued by October 2025.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

At summer i had the same choise on myself, and i would've stayed on win10, but couldn't download from microsoft pages the win10 iso and make boot usb-device, so i went with 11 then.

Only problem i've had with windows 11, is ET is sometimes screen freezing and can't do anything. Even the button combination to restart graphic drivers doesen't help. So just have to reboot computer. This used to happen like once or twice a month. Nowdays i have got rid of that problems, or feels like this. Now that i said this, i'm most likely gonna experience that today while playing 😄 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 2

Well, I think it’s worth switching to Windows 11, I myself am still on Windows 10, it’s more convenient for me, it reminds me of the old days.

But this is a matter of habit, due to the fact that 10 will soon be no longer relevant, it’s worth switching to Windows 11
P.S. As for me, the best is win XP xddddddd

• Like 3
  • 100 3

I got new pc with win11, later on I stumbled into driver issues because of the auto updates, but those driver updates you can and should turn off to avoid the mess.

Other than that, I like the OS and like @Lt Steiner said, win 10 support will stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tukkonen said:

Only problem i've had with windows 11, is ET is sometimes screen freezing and can't do anything.

That is with 2.60b ?

Then give ET Legacy a try. It may solve it.

Gengis

3 hours ago, RendeL said:

I got new pc with win11, later on I stumbled into driver issues because of the auto updates,

It is not possible to disable it ?

Gengis

• Like 2

Win 11 is cool, sleek yeah, although it comes with alot of "bloatware" apps that you dont need, running in the background (Which you cant disable background apps on win 11 for some reason??), i found that for me my performance is a little more smooth on win 10 rather than win 11

• Like 1