The Walking Dead

thundercunt

First and second seasons are available to stream instantly on netflix..

Yes they are. I watched them all the day before season 3 started.

Episode 1 of S3 was awesome. Plenty of zombie smashing and action. Its a great start for the season and I can't wait to see what will happen next. I'm hoping it will following the comics more this season than last. If they do then I will sure know exactly what will happen.

If your looking to stream Ep1S3 just type it in google. I'm sure there are tons of sites with it.

Although it sucks for Dish people, since they no longer have AMC. I'd throw a ton of money to get it if I didn't have cable.

So far, out of the whole series, I think the season three opener was the best episode, period. The main reason? The characters actually shut up and let the action speak for itself. Don't get me wrong, i like good dialogue and yes, i know this is based on a graphic novel, but some of those long, flowery/inspirational/time padding monologues made me want to hit myself in the head with a 2x4 until it just all went away. Now, in what's gonna sound terribly contradictory, I actually do like the series. I'm a big zombie nut (I'm a makeup fx artist by trade, so that kinda comes with the territory), and I've wanted a good zombie tv series for ages. I wasn't offended by season two (someone said it was bad... i didn't think so).. it just got a little dull at times because it was almost exclusively at one very small location. I personally found it to be an interesting homage to the series origin (and the origin or pretty much every flesh eating zombie tome), night of the living dead. And the season ender was pretty awesome.

Ok, that was my 2 cents.

The main reason? The characters actually shut up and let the action speak for itself. Don't get me wrong, i like good dialogue and yes, i know this is based on a graphic novel, but some of those long, flowery/inspirational/time padding monologues made me want to hit myself in the head with a 2x4 until it just all went away

Now what a lot of people don't realize is that the show is not an action based zombie series. Yes it has action, but the core of the show is the people and how to interact with each other and the situation. It is a drama based on the sitution people are put in if a zombie apocolypse happens.

I'm not saying that their isn't enough action or some talking parts arn't boring. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Hmmm. I think I was probably being a little rough there. What I was really complaining about was the bad dialogue, not the focus on people interacting. If you watch any decent apocalypse movie (sticking to zombies, let's pull Dawn of the Dead out into the open), it is also primarily about the way different people interact in the face of an unthinkable event. That's precisely what makes them work. So my arguement was not with that. I'm talking about times when people were saying stuff that no one would ever say, at any point, for any reason, unless they were in a comic book. Or the occasional episode-euthenizing ten minute monologues. that being said, I watched each episode of both season one and season two. But imho, season three, so far, is where they're showing their real substance. It's only been two episodes but I'm liking this season far more than the last two. Aside from better writing, it seems a bit edgier, even darker, and to be honest, I find the location this season to be much creepier. These are just opinions, however. Like anything entertainment related, it's all about personal taste. There is no real wrong here. Unless someone tells me they also liked The Medallion and Hollywood Homicide. Then they need to be corrected for their own good.

:eek

I really wish Lori's baby was dead and that it would eat her from the inside out. I hate when girl's who are too skinny wear skinny jeans. No ass-at-ol

So you hate Lori because she's too skinny? Well it is not like she is gonna fatten up when the food is scarce.

that's not the only reason i hate lori, she was sleeping with shane would be the big one. even though the timeline is uncertain a person would not be able to live in a coma for more than a week without receiving an i.v. so im guessing rick had to have found lori within a month after the outbreak. she is basically a dirty hoe. now would you rather see lori shot in battle with the governor like in the comics or would you rather see a baby zombie burst out of her stomach and eat her face

season 3 is kick it off real nice i like his bad boy look at life now it fits him better then it was before can't wait for ep 3 xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...