• Leader
8 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

Elzozo connected
Elzozo acking disconnected download mode

Elzozo connected

Elzozo game timed out 3

I just saw that again. :( 

Do you have an Nitmod folder now???

You are right about that 2.3.5 file in the FA downloads section.  It is for the server software.  If you don't have a nitmod folder, then the nitmod servers should download the client files for you and the mod will create the sub-folders, I believe. 

Edited by RedBaird

• Leader

I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!

My files-image above was not valid.  I had sorted on the wrong column.  I DO have 2.3.5, which means that the server HAD BEEN updating my installations over the years.  

Back to Square One.  Why is your nitmod starting normally and is downloading normally, but then timing out when you automatically rejoin to receive the other required files? 

I will have to go back and EDIT some of my mis-informed posts here! 😢

I will still try connecting with my test ET. 🤞

Nitmod4-nitmod-versions230819.jpg.51800d671db437574ca2970691e16867.jpg

• Like 1

OK, I've moved my wolfenstein folder to dowloads section, and two things happens: first, I can play to Silent and Jaymod without running as administrator, and when I try to connect on a nitmod server... it CRASHES, which is a good news, because shutdown and start my PC is very time consuming (i.e. annoying).

I've verified, and the nitmod folder is exactely the same.

Edited by Elzozo

The nitmod folder start to change...

UPDATE: I have deleted my nitmod folder for the nth time, I reinstalled it with fun1.

z.PNG

Edited by Elzozo

I tested LAN/CABLE and ISDN connection setting and fast graphic settings, but it doesn't work.

Sometime though, a freezed red loading bar or a ":voice chat:" text appears.

As ET crashes, the troubleshooting will be more simple now !

Edited by Elzozo

@kajto3 maybe he can help if hes around. nit mod is  based off noquarters. maybe the  no quarters guys can help. can u post the cfg your using for nitmod.   doesnt this mod require pb too be set too 1. 

Edited by captnconcrete

Anything in the logs? Run the game with logging to a file.

Create a shortcut to et/etl .exe. Right click, properties, in the Target area add +set logfile 1, so, for example it looks like:

C:\ETLegacy\etl.exe +set logfile 1

Now open the game from that shortcut. Make sure logfile is set to 1 in console. Repeat the same steps you did in the video. Share the etconsole.log file that you will probably find in nitmod folder.

• Thanks 3

• Solution
19 hours ago, Elzozo said:

The nitmod folder start to change...

UPDATE: I have deleted my nitmod folder for the nth time, I reinstalled it with fun1.

z.PNG

ignore me, read it wrong... Was thinking though as its based on NQ you could load ET.exe, then load the nitmod, then \exec etdefault.cfg in console and then connect to FA nitmod server., NQ wise i've had freeze issues usually caused by a rogue cvar etc, loading the default etconfig will rule that out.

However if still a no go at this point i'd probably either uninstall ET 2.60b completely after saving keys etc and install Legacy client to see if that works.

OR

IF you wanted to keep your current ET 2.60b install and still use it, it is a standalone program so you can simply move the entire wolf folder elsewhere and still use your 2.60b install direct from the folder, the only reason i say move the entire folder is because Legacy will use different folder locations if 2.60b is not "installed", if it detects 2.60b it will install legacy on top of your 2.60b install and in turn it will use the same folders etc.

So 

Uninstall or move your entire wolf folder,

Install legacy.

Connect to FA nitmod and it will use different folder locations as no 2.60b client is found

if it works with legacy its your 2.60b install, if not clearly its sommat else.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1