N!tmod server don't want of me

Elzozo
Go to solution Solved by Snuffs99,

Let's try with some questions.

What client do you use: 2.6b or ETLegacy client? Seems like some files are corrupted and game can't load them, have you tried to use pk3 cleaner? Some servers outside FA are making you to download pk3. files that are restricting you to join other servers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
11 hours ago, Elzozo said:

P. S. — It is kind to take all this time to troubleshoot, thank you !

We are not just trying to help you but also those in the future with the same problem! 😄  We like to try to understand the ET Glitches.  :hmm 

Your original thought of a "permissions problem" might be true, somehow.  Nitmod should have created an nkey.dat file in your nitmod folder the first time that you connected to a Nitmod server.  I believe that that is also what Silent-mod does.  The jaymods and NQs had relied on punkbuster to create an etkey file in Main, but now the FA servers have to download one for new players.  

I now suspect that your Nitmod is either locking up or looping when it is trying to create the ntkey file.  If Windows is reporting to Nitmod that the file-creation failed, then N-mod might keep trying and go into an infinite loop or could just lock up.  On the other hand, you would think that the programmers would test for that condition and "gracefully quit" and show you an error statement.

The TBS record for your name shows you playing okay on the FA Silents and on FA-Jay#1, although it looks like you had a few 999s during Silent#2 and Jay#1 sessions.  Your one try at an FA-NQ shows a 999.  https://et.trackbase.net/?mod=playerinfo&idx=6502142

I think that I can assume that you do "run ET as Admin", or you would have troubles with Jays and Silents, too.

I have the shortcuts to my ET.exe set to "run as admin", but I have also avoided the whole issue by moving my installation to my D:Data drive, out of the C:/programs.  

If it is not a permissions issue, then I don't know how to fix it, given that Jay & Silent works for you.

I could generate an nkey.dat file for you by using one of my test ET-copies to connect to FA-nitmod, which would download and install nitmod and generate an nkey.dat file there.   I am not entirely sure that it would work for you. :hmm  I don't want to temporarily remove the nkey.dat file from my main install and get a new one for you because that might be a security issue somehow!  😄 It is not "best practices" for people to share their GUID-generating files.  Although I am a trusted Leader in the FA Clan, that is a slight security issue for you, too! 😮 

Here are the critical files in my nitmod folder.  There is also a "hunkusage.dat" file that is changed each time that nitmod is run.  You might see if that exists, too.

I created the first 3 folders and nitmod made the last three.  The "profiles" is the critical folder. 

Nitmod-files230817.jpg.167f48d08b5fe323ada00bd1e99f6700.jpg

What version of nitmod.pk3 do you have.  FA is using 2.3.1.  I just discovered that there have been several 2.3.2 builds and 2.3.4 betas since then.  A new 2.3.5 was released last February.  :hmm Nitmod 'should' be able to gracefully handle version mismatches between server and client versions.

Oh, and what operating system are you using? 😄 

I have N!tmod 2.3.5.

My OS is Windows 10.

My client is 2.60b.

I don't have hunkusage.dat.

There's nitmod folder properties, that I don't changed since before my last connection with a N!tmod server (I'll try to connect after posting the message) :

mv.PNG

obj.PNG

a.PNG

b.PNG

c.PNG

d.PNG

e.PNG

f.PNG

• Like 1

• Leader

Nitmod-files#230817.jpg

Do you see the first 3 files, as above, the qagame* files, and the nitmod_2.3.1, in your nitmod folder, with the same file sizes?

Oops! sorry!

I don't have the qagame files, instead, I have just cgame_mp_x86.dll and not .so file at all.

This is what fun1 server installed. Where should I download this ?

I repost the screenshot of my n!tmod folder :

a.PNG

Edited by Elzozo

• Leader

Where did you get nitmod_2.3.5.pk3?  I only have the 2.3.1 version in my Nitmod folder.  No wonder the file sizes are different.

No wonder that pk3 file size is different from mine!

My cgame_mp_x86.dll and ui_mp_x86.dll files are the same size as yours.

You could try moving those 3 files in the image to a different folder and then connect to FA-Fun1 again and see if it downloads the same files as I have.

HA HA HA, you posted as I was typing this reply! 😄 

Edited by RedBaird
time-battles

I deleted the entire folder. I'll reconnect, check the trackbase ! :)

P. S. — Every time I connect, I should shutdown my PC, which is quite annoying !

Edited by Elzozo
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
5 minutes ago, Elzozo said:

I downloaded a zip file here which have these files.

What should I do? because I have the feeling than it is for servers.

O I C !  You can delete your nitmod installation and just connect to FA-Fun#1, which will download the 2.3.1 version and the other needed files.

I wonder of those other, non-FA servers, were running 2.3.1 or 2.3.5 or what?

You were Ahead Of Me Again!

Edited by RedBaird

• Leader
7 minutes ago, Elzozo said:

I deleted the entire folder. I'll reconnect, check the trackbase ! :)

I am sitting on Fun#1 right now and can see :

Elzozo connected
Elzozo acking disconnected download mode

Which means that the Server is downloading the installation for you!  

A few seconds I saw that you had "timed out 3".

Well Hell, when the next map started, the version was said to be 2.3.5 !!! ??? I didn't get an auto-update, it seems.

I will have to download that same file from your link and see what it does for me!  

Edited by RedBaird

I think you misunderstood what I said. I dowloaded a zip file, but I didn't unpack it ! which means that theres no n!tmod folder ! That's why the server install n!tmod for me. :)

Edited by Elzozo

• Leader
2 minutes ago, Elzozo said:

I think you misunderstood what I said. I dowloaded a zip file, but I didn't unpack it ! which means that theres no n!tmod folder !

I sure did! 

But I did just watch you connect to fun#1 and saw

Elzozo connected
Elzozo acking disconnected download mode

Elzozo connected

Elzozo game timed out 3

That is normal, except for the "timed out" line.

You can try to connect again, we all get the "timed out" drop from time to time.

It looks like the server began downloading the nitmod files for you and should have created a nitmod folder in your ET-Installation.

You can try to connect again and we can see what happens!  😄

(or you can look in your ET-nitmod folder and see what is there right now.  Maybe some of the installation did download.  If you reconnect, it should finish the installation.

Just now, Elzozo said:

Yes, the fun1 version of nitmod is 2.3.5, it on the presentation and in the trackbase.

z.PNG

Then why do I still have 2.3.1 ???  Ha Ha.  So the version was not the problem. :( 

You can reconnect and I can watch what happens on the server.

• Like 1