ET Hardcore HC SERVER RESURGENCE

4estw1zzard

• Leader
12 hours ago, Shoresy said:

also, noob question: would it be easier to have a dedicated server box and just run multiple dedicated servers off of it that way instead of using a provider? 

I think that "multiple servers on one box" is how most FA ET servers work.  I believe that the box is located on the "providers' " properties, and they supply various services, including networking and security.  This is only what I have deduced over the years, not what I have been told by the Founders.  Providers have done physical upgrades, hardware fixes and machine replacements in the past.  (Even the term 'provider' is guesswork.  GameHost?)

Jay#1 was located in Chicago, central USA, years ago and was 'moved' to the same location as the other USA servers. 

I guess that, traditionally, it has always been on its own machine.  I have not checked to see if Jay1 and HC are at the same location or not :hmm Actually, when checking IPs, sometimes the websites tell us the location of a company's HQ and not the actual machine location. 😄 

For me, this is mostly guesswork and nothing that the Founders have directly told me.  🤡

See a Founder post below!  I was right to use the clown emoji ! 

Edited by RedBaird
clown !

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RedBaird said:

For me, this is mostly guesswork and nothing that the Founders have directly told me.  🤡

In this dept, your detective skills are getting dull lol    Everything is public :)  https://fearless-assassins.com/donate/updates/ 

• Thanks 1

Lol @RedBaird the provider in the case I am referring to would be dediserverhosting 😛 as @daredevil mentioned it is listed there as to what is what, but it also broadcasts it on the server its self for all to see. 

Which in a sense yeah I would presume that dediserver is using a "server box" its self as well. I am just asking in general as if would be more beneficial if was to use our own box instead of a provider. Again though its a noob question 😛 

5 hours ago, CheepHeep said:

This is making me feel like coming back to ET

PARTY LIKE ITS 2017!

p.s. if you do we are gonna have to hop in vc one of these days 😄

Edited by BSM

45 minutes ago, BSM said:

PARTY LIKE ITS 2017!

p.s. if you do we are gonna have to hop in vc one of these days 😄

Voice chat was packed earlier ;) I heard alot of meows and rawrs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Peter- said:

Voice chat was packed earlier ;) I heard alot of meows and rawrs.

Sounds like a good time xD im gonna have to drop in sometime in which case <|:^]

• Like 1
  • Love 1