unban me please cuz vpn

RamboLevi
Go to solution Solved by GHARIB,

i assume i got banned around the beginning of this year,because using vpn. didnt know it was forbidden, but the fact it instabans you,instead of a 5 min kick like at PB related servers, its just awful.
dont mind if u unban me today,thank you

-Levi

16 minutes ago, RamboLevi said:

i assume i got banned around the beginning of this year,because using vpn. didnt know it was forbidden, but the fact it instabans you,instead of a 5 min kick like at PB related servers, its just awful.
dont mind if u unban me today,thank you

-Levi

Joining a server with a VPN on will give you a ban message straight away because the VPN is banned and not you, once you turn it off you should then be able to join?? that is how it works when i join a server if i forget to disconnect VPN first.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I feel we really need to do a better job at somehow passing this information along to new players joining the server.  Maybe you could modify the ban message so it states it's just a ban for a vpn and turning it off will solve their problems? 

• 100 2

55 minutes ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

I feel we really need to do a better job at somehow passing this information along to new players joining the server.  Maybe you could modify the ban message so it states it's just a ban for a vpn and turning it off will solve their problems? 

I have to disagree a little, the information regarding VPN's being forbidden/banned is clear as day in the rules for anyone to see. I suppose it may be possible for Dare to add a comment to a VPN type ban message in game? But failing that 99% of innocent peeps would come and ask if they are banned.

I could be totally wrong and it could be a proper player ban, i am only going off my own experience when using a VPN on FA. 

For me if i try to join NQ1 with my VPN turned on i usually get a banned message when joining, i turn it off and good to go straight away. Have to note though that not all my VPN provider servers are blocked/banned, there has been the odd time i've forgotten the VPN was on and played NQ1 no problem.

BUT i could be wrong like i say and it could be a full blown ban. 😄

Edited by Snuffs99

I'm only concerned with all the new players coming from steam.  Most of them seem to play for a while before, and that's if they do at all, make it to the forum.  Even more rare for them to read the wiki.  I agree that it's clear as day if you make it to the forum, this would just be pointed toward the brand new players.

• Like 3
  • 100 2

• Leader
6 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

I'm only concerned with all the new players coming from steam.  Most of them seem to play for a while before, and that's if they do at all, make it to the forum.  Even more rare for them to read the wiki.  I agree that it's clear as day if you make it to the forum, this would just be pointed toward the brand new players.

You should post that as a suggestion in the private Clan Area.  Yes, the "SteamET Players", in particular, are presenting us with unexpected issues.  😄 They might be non-English speakers, too! :( 

The "False Flags" generated by cross-border VPN/proxy IPs may also prevent the admins from being able to help players in their local languages.  We much prefer to be able to explain the probably unread rules to players, rather than just kicking or banning them. :( 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

I have to disagree a little, the information regarding VPN's being forbidden/banned is clear as day in the rules for anyone to see.

Not everyone that plays games visits gaming forums. I agree with Haru's suggestion. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Solution

Hey!

You have already filled an unban request in proper section, and we will look into ASAP and will be handled (and discussed) only in this topic .

Thank you :)

Edited by GHARIB
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

• GHARIB locked this topic