Valheim

mraw435

On 10/8/2021 at 11:31 PM, mraw435 said:

do you have an open server you play on right now?!

well, it's just host based, you can connect to anybody's world and vice versa. We can create a new world where everyone can join and build stuff with each other? I'm really getting bored of playing solo lol

• 100 1

On 11/21/2021 at 8:37 AM, Carbonautics said:

well, it's just host based, you can connect to anybody's world and vice versa. We can create a new world where everyone can join and build stuff with each other? I'm really getting bored of playing solo lol

Completely understand - I went on a binge for a few weeks and then hit a roadblock where I found myself not logging on as much given how repetitive the game can be. I read somewhere that a whole new server will need to be created when they update the Mistlands (should be happening soon) - when that happens we can team up and make a new server for us ?! Will have to let my brothers know I am leaving their server lol 

You don't have to leave servers afaik. You can play on any and character level is carried through to all servers? Not sure if it's changed, I remember it being that way. And definitely yes, we should all build at one place, an FA community building and all xD

15 hours ago, Carbonautics said:

You don't have to leave servers afaik. You can play on any and character level is carried through to all servers? Not sure if it's changed, I remember it being that way. And definitely yes, we should all build at one place, an FA community building and all xD

Ya you keep your gear and level when changing servers..im just thinking of all the supplies (wood/ore) I have in store takes so freakin long to harvest lol 

Regardless - yes I am down for an FA community build! I bet we can make something awesome!

• Like 1

An FA world would be cool but who's going to host is 24/7? Can we share our worlds? 

Also the edge of the map is really the edge of the map, unless you want to lose all your stuff, don't go there 🙈

IMG_20211125_211317.jpg

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2021 at 2:02 AM, Sisje said:

who's going to host is 24/7

Does the original world creator need to be online for it to be accessible? I'm not sure how the seed system works, I thought once you join a 'world' if you are alive in that 'world' we can access it anytime? or does it work like an actual 'server'?

Edit: I see that we can have community servers in the game, let me talk to DD and check if it can be set up. @daredevil

Edited by Carbonautics
  • 100 1

• 1 month later...

An update for everyone, @mraw435 @CarbOn @Owned if I missed anyone sorry.

DD has setup the Valheim server, currently we intend to keep it as testing and not announce it officially. But anyone want to play on there and build stuff, you guys can ping me on discord or steam. I will get you the details to get you on the server.

We intend to keep this as a =F|A= Community place for now, so explore and Build as much as you like. Also @mraw435 you have experience with hosting valheim servers/configs? Might need a little insight on something with the config side of things(backend). Let me know.

Regards,

Carbonautics

Edited by Carbonautics
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I built a small community hall near the spawnpoint with some supplies and two beehives, feel free to take some stuff to get started but please do restock as they are my own starting supplies aswell :)

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I made a small build just slightly northeast of the spawn point as well with items you can take, I decided to start a new character for the challenge of it . I build 3 beehives and the workbench has gotten the first 2 upgrades.

I did not know you can legit stand in front of a deer and not have it run away when you sneak. Does not work with the damn birds 😛.

Hopefully we'll run into each other at some point 😊

Edited by Sisje
  • Like 1

I don't think many people are new for now. 

I suggest we find a good location for an FA Base of Operations lol and start building like a gated area with different small houses and a main town hall kind of thing. Do you guys have such a location in mind?

It should be somewhere not as close to spawn, but not too far away too, but should also be close to different things we could do/farm for, maybe we all can have an exploration session this week to decide on such a location and start building for it?

Let me know, we can have a discord channel for it on discord server and communicate there?

to start off ...im excited to see what we do on this server lol

What if we build the main town hall/base at the spawn so whenever someone new shows up to the server - they pretty much land in the middle of civilization and can be amazed at all the buildings, farms, roads, etc we have built! I think a specific discord channel would be super helpful as well 

edit: i also started a brand new character so starting from scratch with supplies - i think a key item we should consider bringing into the server is a cryptography table...allows everyone to share their maps so we can see where we have all explored individually

Edited by mraw435

1 hour ago, mraw435 said:

main town hall/base at the spawn

But the spawn is surrounded by hills lol, we should probably do this. Not sure who has experience of planning, but someone can become the architect/town planner? should keep things coordinated if it gets too big. For now start with small houses for ourselves beside each other and then plan accordingly.

Edit: I created a valheim text channel on discord server, so we can coordinate from there. It's in the games category with et and insurgency channels.

Edited by Carbonautics