Server Issue Bad GUID: Invalid ETkey

Vasylich

Question

Greetings to everyone who comes into this topic and reads my question.

Before ask, need to talk about the situation. When I try to connect to NQ # 1, at the stage "Connecting to nq1.clan-fa.com:27960" the connection is interrupted and I am thrown into the main menu of the game with this error.

Now the question: why is my ETkey invalid and where exactly do I need to add the ETkey so that I can then enter "pb_cl_enable 1" into the console? A

need in the future, I will need to constantly enter this command into the console, or will I be able to connect without entering a command? I am using W: ET v2.60b.

Вражеская территория 21.08.2021 12_39_01.png

Edited by Vasylich
  • Like 1

I think this is the website people use these days: http://etkey.net/

Click generate key on this website and then move that file to the etmain folder of your ET installation.

After the etkey file is in the etmain folder you shouldn't have any problems.

Я думаю, что это тот сайт, которым люди пользуются в наши дни: http://etkey.net/

Щелкните сгенерировать ключ, а затем переместите этот файл в папку etmain вашей инсталляции ET.

После того, как файл etkey окажется в папке etmain, проблем возникнуть не должно.

• Like 3

Try to do "/pb_cl_enable 1" in the console in the menu and try to reconnect the server

Usually after it will works, no need to do it each time.

No need to change your guids for that issue.

Edited by DeKing
  • Like 1

Maybe you have two ET and your pc loads the worst one.

Is your shortcut on desk the good one ?

Edited by 0siE.

2 hours ago, DeKing said:

Try to do "/pb_cl_enable 1" in the console in the menu and try to reconnect the server

Usually after it will works, no need to do it each time.

No need to change your guids for that issue.

No, I had to do it again after I logged out to the desktop and tried to log in to the server again.

44 minutes ago, 0siE. said:

Maybe you have two ET and your pc loads the worst one.

Is your shortcut on desk the good one ?

No, I have only one ET. The shortcut is good, it runs without problems.

15 minutes ago, Vasylich said:

No, I had to do it again after I logged out to the desktop and tried to log in to the server again.

But it worked to join the server? the problem is that you have to do it each time? 

Maybe add the command in your config directly? (I'm not expert in config so not sure that will do it automatically) 

35 minutes ago, DeKing said:

But it worked to join the server? the problem is that you have to do it each time?

Yes, I was able to connect to the server. Entering a command each time is more of an inconvenience than a problem.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DeKing said:

Maybe add the command in your config directly? (I'm not expert in config so not sure that will do it automatically) 

So I'm not an expert in configs, so I have no idea how to do it😦

Happend to me too.

U cannot enable "pb_enable" if u didnt click yes in the first place when installing.

"do you want to install the Punkbuster client?" >Yes<

Backup the whole Installation folder,

Uninstall, delete the remaining files.

Reinstall with PB client, and Replace the Etkey and Etconfig.

If it still appears, try enableing then again with Pb_enable 1.

Worked for me.

GIF by Identity

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• Leader
18 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

I will join 

I joined NQ#1 and his W:eT was showing.  He said that he has to do  "/pb_cl_enable 1" to join the server.  I wonder if he tries to join NQ#1, gets rejected and then enters that cvar in console.  Once he tried to join the NQ server, his mod would be set to that one and he could invoke that cvar.  If he tried it first in etmain before joining the server, then it might not work.

I advised him to open the console and type in /seta pb_cl_enable 1 to possibly set it in the etmain config file and all of the mods' configs.

I searched for his name on Beginners#2, where TBS shows his name, and only his S:ET showed up and not the W:ET.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vice86 said:

Happend to me too.

U cannot enable "pb_enable" if u didnt click yes in the first place when installing.

"do you want to install the Punkbuster client?" >Yes<

Backup the whole Installation folder,

Uninstall, delete the remaining files.

Reinstall with PB client, and Replace the Etkey and Etconfig.

If it still appears, try enableing then again with Pb_enable 1.

Worked for me.

GIF by Identity

even if pb doesn't support ET anymore, the problem come from PB, so it's really possible that can be that

1 minute ago, RedBaird said:

I advised him to open the console and type in /seta pb_cl_enable 1 to possibly set it in the etmain config file and all of the mods' configs.

Yup, that seem the best to write it into the config. 

1 minute ago, RedBaird said:

I searched for his name on Beginners#2, where TBS shows his name, and only his S:ET showed up and not the W:ET.

Silent don't need Pb guid to work, but that say that he need to enable this on B2 server too ( to have W:ET guid showing )