Server Issue Bad GUID: Invalid ETkey

Vasylich

Question

Greetings to everyone who comes into this topic and reads my question.

Before ask, need to talk about the situation. When I try to connect to NQ # 1, at the stage "Connecting to nq1.clan-fa.com:27960" the connection is interrupted and I am thrown into the main menu of the game with this error.

Now the question: why is my ETkey invalid and where exactly do I need to add the ETkey so that I can then enter "pb_cl_enable 1" into the console? A

need in the future, I will need to constantly enter this command into the console, or will I be able to connect without entering a command? I am using W: ET v2.60b.

Вражеская территория 21.08.2021 12_39_01.png

Edited by Vasylich
  • Like 1

• Leader
18 minutes ago, DeKing said:

Silent don't need Pb guid to work,

My meaning was that Silent had the same "W:ET detection" problem as on NQ, which may point to an etmain/nq/silent config file "problem".  Let me check my etmain config...brb...

:hmm The etconfig.cfg in my etmain/profiles shows "seta cl_punkbuster "1" " and nothing about Pb_cl_enable.  

... and nothing in the nq etconsole.log.

When I start up ET and hit "play online" the ET Server Browser has a "disable punkbuster' tab on the bottom right, so maybe if he has "Enable Punkbuster" there, that is what he needs to click on.1632705240_Disable-Enable-PB-playOnline210821.thumb.jpg.36b255503f66aca66acfca54170dfd0e.jpg

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

My ET startup screen does have a "disable punkbuster' tab on the bottom right, so maybe THAT is what he needs to click on! 

Edited 4 minutes ago by RedBaird

Yes, it could help! Thank you very much for your help😍

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who offered their help! Now the main thing is not to forget about it if I reinstall in the future🙂

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Leader
27 minutes ago, Vasylich said:

Thanks to everyone who offered their help!

We all try to help each other!  Let us know if any of our advice helped you!  My advice about /seta pb_cl_enable seems to have been wrong! :hmm I could find nothing in any of my configs with that in it.

Oh, and I think that somebody on NQ#1 mentioned that 'enable punkpuster' tab to me when I was there, after you had left.

Okay, I found it in my nq/client.log file

" =F|A=Betinho when you enter the game also you got the botton to enable pb, didnt work for him?  "

It was @Betinho who gave me the clue!

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

We all try to help each other!  Let us know if any of our advice helped you!  My advice about /seta pb_cl_enable seems to have been wrong! :hmm I could find nothing in any of my configs with that in it.

Oh, and I think that somebody on NQ#1 mentioned that 'enable punkpuster' tab to me when I was there, after you had left.

Okay, I found it in my nq/client.log file

" =F|A=Betinho when you enter the game also you got the botton to enable pb, didnt work for him?  "

It was @Betinho who gave me the clue!

Well, Betinho's question pointed you in the right direction, and you, in turn, suggested that I should try clicking that button. After clicking, I was able to connect to NQ without error.

Thanks to both of you!

Edited by Vasylich
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

My advice about /seta pb_cl_enable seems to have been wrong! :hmm

Yes, this command did not help me in any way. But, in any case, it was worth to try🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DeKing said:

even if pb doesn't support ET anymore, the problem come from PB, so it's really possible that can be that

Yup, that seem the best to write it into the config. 

Silent don't need Pb guid to work, but that say that he need to enable this on B2 server too ( to have W:ET guid showing )

The 2.6 Client will install the PB Client service to your Windows. So it runs as a Hostprocess in the backround when windows starts.

Usually you can switch between enable and disable the ET-Client with the Cvar /PB_CL_Enable 0 or 1.

But this does only enable Punkbuster in your game, if the whole service is missing in general, nothing will get enabled or disabled, since the PnkbstrA.exe Hostprocess isnt there to eat, what the games tries to tell it.

Therefore you need to reinstall with Punkbuster enabled.

However, 

if you have Punkbuster already installed, but the game just wont eat the PB_CL_enable 1, you can try a workaround, 

start the game, get disconnected because PB_cl_enable is 0, then set it to 1, then after you enabled it, do 

/PB_writecfg, so it overwrights the existing pbcl.cfg in your C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\pb. Then try to restart the game and see if it occurs again.

OR

use my advise and try ET Legacy, it is awesome and solves 99% of these oldschool issues. 

its so smooth...

Ps.

Since last year, i know what happend, this occured to me when i just copied my 2.6 folder from my NAS without installing it to windows properly on a different Windows Machine i am running here. It was running smooth, so i could connect to various servers including Silent 1, but on NQ1 for some reason, it demanded the PB_enabled to 1 with 2.6B. 

So i just reinstalled it again, and voila, problem solved.

On ETL, that cvar isnt even possabile to set, since it doesnt exist in ETL in that form. 

Edited by Vice86
  • Like 1

I have the same issue when trying to connect to Nq1.  Every time I try to connect to Nq 1 I get the same error message but funny thing is if I connect to one of the other FA servers like Silent 1 or Jay 1 then use the FA servers list to connect Nq1 not a issue.  I was wondering if there is an issue with the port when trying to connect using IP or via /connect nq1.clan-fa.com:27960?   And if I try to connect to Nq1 from some of the other FA servers I get the same issue.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

@Vasylich I assume you are using Windows and not using etlegacy. If so can you go to your et shortcut and post fix this to your target path

+set pb_cl_enable 1

. This is just a non elegant workaround to your issue so it will set pb_cl_enable to 1 each time you launch the application.

I have edited the post with additional example:

1) Right click on your et.exe shortcut and select Properties.

2) Then under target path add the post fix +set pb_cl_enable 1 as mentioned earlier. It should look something like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +set pb_cl_enable 1

3) Note: The above target example might differ slightly depending on where your et installation is located.

Edited by blackknight8653
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, blackknight8653 said:

@Vasylich I assume you are using Windows and not using etlegacy. If so can you go to your et shortcut and post fix this to your target path

+set pb_cl_enable 1

. This is just a non elegant workaround to your issue so it will set pb_cl_enable to 1 each time you launch the application.

2) Then under target path add the post fix +set pb_cl_enable 1 as mentioned earlier. It should look something like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +set pb_cl_enable 1

3) Note: The above target example might differ slightly depending on where your et installation is located.

Thank you, I will know this as another solution to the problem.

8 hours ago, Dink the Clown said:

I have the same issue when trying to connect to Nq1.  Every time I try to connect to Nq 1 I get the same error message but funny thing is if I connect to one of the other FA servers like Silent 1 or Jay 1 then use the FA servers list to connect Nq1 not a issue.  I was wondering if there is an issue with the port when trying to connect using IP or via /connect nq1.clan-fa.com:27960?   And if I try to connect to Nq1 from some of the other FA servers I get the same issue.

Maybe you should also make a topic and tell about the problem in it? I think there will be people who can test your theory.

• Like 1

Sorry @Vasylich for the repost as I cannot edit my previous post. I make a slight amendment to the workaround command. The updated solution is as follows:

I assume you are using Windows and not using etlegacy. If so can you go to your et shortcut and post fix this to your target path

+pb_cl_enable

. This is just a non elegant workaround to your issue so it will enable punkbuster service using pb_cl_enable each time you launch the application.

2) Then under target path add the post fix +pb_cl_enable as mentioned earlier. It should look something like this 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +pb_cl_enable

Edited by blackknight8653
  • Like 2