Are you happy where you live and tell us why ?

0siE.

Hi all,

I made this topic because I have a basic question.

Are you happy where you're living ? Or do you dream about somewhere else ? (afghanistan is not an answer).

poke @Yuki thx for the idea.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • 100 2

First of all algeria is getting shitty and more shitty and less jobs 

And i hâte it .... Why i hâte it ?:

1 the goverment is correpted 

2 the goverment have nothing to face corona virus ( ppl donate to get o2 générator for hospitals )

3 ppl hère are almost all the same and they are inhumain ppl

And alot i forgot

And my dream to go to is Germany or turkei

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

well i hate the city and i live right on the main drag  in my city.. 

i dream of living in the country where ican piss off my deck.. ride dirt bike.. hunt on my land  grow a massive garden..  enjoy the peace and quit .. 

id like to slow down enjoy life more.  when i was 18  this city had a pop of 87 k

now theres more like 200plus k .here i hate it...lol

if u mean a diff country.  id love to see belgium  germany  switzerland and holland.

so i dream of sumthing diff. i guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

Just now, captnconcrete said:

if u mean a diff country.  id love to see belgium  germany  switzerland and holland.

Thank you for this comment, that's what I was talking about. I m belgian, not the worst place. But I wish I was somewhere else. America is an option.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

well i hate the city and i live right on the main drag  in my city.. 

i dream of living in the country where ican piss off my deck.. ride dirt bike.. hunt on my land  grow a massive garden..  enjoy the peace and quit .. 

id like to slow down enjoy life more.  when i was 18  this city had a pop of 87 k

now theres more like 200plus k .here i hate it...lol

so i dream of sumthing diff. i guess.

We were in Rapid City and Deadwood last weekend. Went to Mt. Rushmore, Wind Cave and Badlands on Saturday then jumped on a plane the next morning. The forest areas were absolutely beatiful!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I love my country, but I don't like what's happening to it. We are so divided over politics here it's turning friend on friend. Living in TX is really not for me, and I'll definitely move after my wife hits her years at AA. 

• Like 3
  • 100 2

I live in a small vilage in slovenia and its oure trash, people are so toxic i almost got bashed of my head with a chair once.

In general people in this country are toxic, very nationalist too but on the positive side there is clean air, very clean natural water and most of the land is covered in forests.

I dream abbout living in some actual city in like switzerland or netherlands.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

I live in a small town in Ukraine. There are many things I don't like about this country.

1 - corrupt officials.

2 - high prices and low salaries.

3 - the government still cannot do anything with the solution of the military conflict that is taking place in the eastern part of the country. This conflict has been going on for more than 7 years and nothing has happened for the last 4-5 years.

I would like to leave this country for Poland, the Czech Republic.

Edited by Vasylich
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

I think I don't feel good where I am, Im sad cause it's where Im born and I love this place.

Maybe go to Canada, or something more in the north..  or another planet :) 

But not sure the grass is more green in the neighbour garden even if that sometimes look like 

And that always can be worst

Edited by DeKing
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, DeKing said:

I think I don't feel good where I am, Im sad cause it's where Im born and I love this place.

But not sure the grass is more green in the neighbour garden even if that sometimes look like 

How about Mars when humanity starts colonizing it?🤔

• Like 2
  • 100 1

21 hours ago, Gameplan said:

We were in Rapid City and Deadwood last weekend. Went to Mt. Rushmore, Wind Cave and Badlands on Saturday then jumped on a plane the next morning. The forest areas were absolutely beatiful!

rapid  .. my sister was just there  her son is a semi pro dirt bike champ.  rapids nothing like sioux falls.  its way spread out not as many people and very pretty.  siouxfalls is just soybeans and corn and tons of people. one of these times  we will have too met up.

2 hours ago, DeKing said:

grass is always greener on the other side till u jump the fence then u realize its the same dam grass. dont be sad bud.. life is a joy .....

• Like 3
  • 100 1

I promised I would answer, so here I am!

Poland is terribly divided at this point. On the one hand, we have very conservative circles, and on the other, strongly left-wing circles. Both sides have very different approaches to religion, lgbt, abortion, taxation etc. Personally, I think that every extreme is stupid and dangerous, in my opinion people should be able to compromise in life, unfortunately at this point the authorities even try to divide the society even more, what is worse, a very large part of this society falls for it. Posing dilemmas such as either us or them, propaganda on state television, an attempt to bribe deputies to vote on matters important for the ruling party, an effective attempt to take over the prosecutor's office, an attempt to take over the courts, illegal cancellation of unfavorable votes in the Sejm, nepotism - all this makes I'm terribly tired of this country. This is the political situation in this country, unfortunately.

On the other hand, I was born and raised here. I am a patriot, I love this country, I am happy with its successes, I am saddened by its failures and I am ashamed of it when the situation requires it. I dream of a Poland without divisions, united, where everyone can find their place. We have a beautiful history, cities, monuments, language, fantastic people, today's rulers are simply destroying, step by step, everything that we have achieved in 30 years after we freed from communism.

And, here's a joke for our Czech colleagues, we have access to the sea!

I love Poland and I'm Polish, I just wish some things could be diffrient way.

On 8/17/2021 at 10:05 PM, 0siE. said:

poke @Yuki thx for the idea.

I think he is happy he helped, haha!

• Like 6
  • 100 3

I reside right outside Washington D.C. and I have to admit - I love it. I am originally from Connecticut (a small town with nearly more cows than people) and moving to a more urban area has been quite fun. While I don't live in the city (street parking sucks...) I think there is always something to do in the area and the restaurant scene is great. The only downside is the price of anything and if I were to decide to move, it would be to buy a house somewhere where I don't need to sell an arm and a leg.

Gotta follow up on the mention of politics...a common trend I am seeing is, anywhere you live...politics suck! I work in the political scene and it has been a super rewarding experience and while there is definitely a lot of negative (regarding U.S. politics) I am grateful to have brought positive change to the nation through small wins (helping the first responder community and working to provide assistance to famers across the nation). These small wins unfortunately gets drowned out by those who struggle to keep their mouth shut 🙃 happy to talk more about politics for anyone interested but wanna stay ontopic here!

If I were to move though:

- In the U.S., Boston is at the top of the list simply because I love it up there 

- Internationally, I would love to move to Stockholm...I went there in 2009 for 2 weeks and had a blast! Beautiful people, beautiful weather, a bunch of delicious food, and being part swedish (grandparents from there) I think I could fit right in!

• Like 7
  • 100 1

I love my state, I don't think I could ever leave it, unless I some how found some great acreage for dirt cheap in Alaska. Not easy to get to. Austin is changing way to fast, to the point over the years has become annoying. Texas cities are hit n miss, but the country side/ small towns are where you wanna settle down. Lookin to build just outside of Austin on 2 acres. 

5a9891c301fa9df571306c73ebb3cee2.gif

• 100 1