"Server connection timed out."

nAbish
Go to solution Solved by nAbish,

Test cpu and vga.  The hardware problems are a long shot but easy to test and get out of the way.   More than likely on the software/drivers or connection side of things.  

you can do a memory stress test it will def tell u if your rams funky.

but would a ram error  or failure just give u a connection timed out error i doubt it. and his other games would fail also. 

haru he does say  if you read thru all this lol 

he took out heatsink for cpu and thermal paste was put on by a blind guy.lol

when i had failing ram in my old pc. took alot to figure out but when i crashed cuz whole pc crashes not just  game ..  it booted to bios load and  really messed stuff up. i  did  the try each stick thing . still couldnt find it so i ran a memory test xernicus helped me with . and then i found the stick.  

if u have memory problem  you will have alot of errors in your event viewer.

i had a onboard  internet adapter go bad on me once.   it didnt time me out in et it dropped my connection totally.   a 12$ nic card fixed this problem .

connection timed out  is no packets sent or received?  

8 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

More than likely on the software/drivers or connection side of things.  

totally think so too.

in my pc ..  im on w7  so it might be bit diff. 

start ------ control panel-----administrative tools--------event viewer----windows logs -------applications --security -------set up ------system-----forwarded events..

what does it give for errors in there .. u can search number code of error for help. critical errors in summary of administrative events , is what u need to focus on.

https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

Not sure if any of this is relevant as ET works fine during the evening and at night but not during the day. Dont think temps or drivers are to blame if ET works fine then doesnt at certain times of the day/night

Could it be anything to do with traffic? more traffic during the day/less at night. Do you have this trouble with any other online games?

tbh I dont know where to start with this, but your in good hands here, the forums tend to get most problems solved

• Like 2

I feel your pain, I've played ET since 2005ish multiple rigs, motherboards, graphics cards, etc.   ET is an extremely stable game and is one the reasons for it's longevity.  During that time, I have had 4 major crashes with ET, all let me connect to ET play for various amounts of time and then crash.  1 was bad motherboard (got nipped by the fake capacitor scandal), 2 were power supplies (I now only buy name brand bottom mount PS, rated 40% higher than my hardware can use) & 1 was a end of life video card (I hope this is not your issue, the shortage continues).  

It is likely you have a hardware issue and I wish you best of luck, it's an expensive nightmare problem because all your other software installed probably works fine so finding the issue will be time consuming. 

Here is a link to some graphic stress tests that can be run overnight.  This will stress the GPU & power supply in the process.  CPU loading is questionable with graphics benchmark tests. 
https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/gpu-benchmark-software/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:13 AM, Blunt said:

I feel your pain, I've played ET since 2005ish multiple rigs, motherboards, graphics cards, etc.   ET is an extremely stable game and is one the reasons for it's longevity.  During that time, I have had 4 major crashes with ET, all let me connect to ET play for various amounts of time and then crash.  1 was bad motherboard (got nipped by the fake capacitor scandal), 2 were power supplies (I now only buy name brand bottom mount PS, rated 40% higher than my hardware can use) & 1 was a end of life video card (I hope this is not your issue, the shortage continues).  

It is likely you have a hardware issue and I wish you best of luck, it's an expensive nightmare problem because all your other software installed probably works fine so finding the issue will be time consuming. 

Here is a link to some graphic stress tests that can be run overnight.  This will stress the GPU & power supply in the process.  CPU loading is questionable with graphics benchmark tests. 
https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/gpu-benchmark-software/

remember tho he can play newer games with no issues at all. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, mraw435 said:

@nAbish any updates if you were able to test this out at your brothers place ?! 

No sir, I never made it over there. ET has been running phenomenal lately other than occasional low fps. Not sure what I did or changed, but it helped tremendously! Thank you for asking! 

• Like 1
  • 100 2

Having more luck at lower fps definitely makes it a connection issue.  You really should get over to your bro's  place and play at normal settings.  It would completely rule it down to your isp, modem, or router.

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

If you run into issues again you can probably also use your phone as either a wired or wireless hot spot to rule out most network hardware and ISP related issues. The connection will probably be too poor for playing but it will be useful for diagnosing the root cause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

Should we start a gofundme to get you an Uber to your brother's house?

thats first thing i read this morning when i logged on cracked me  upolol

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum VIP
  • Solution

Yesterday I got a new ISP. Not sure if anyone has heard of it but it's Frontier Fiber, and it came with 2 mesh Wi-Fi 6 routers. Connected to Jay 1 on my desktop, connected to Jay 2 on my laptop, have not had a single crash since new ISP/Router. Not sure which it was, but it seems to be fixed. 

• Like 1
  • 100 2

dam  good thing its fixed.  that was a very  perplexed issue. had us all scratching our heads. wondered why u poped on jay2 didnt say anything an left.lol

• Haha 1

• Platinum VIP
7 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

dam  good thing its fixed.  that was a very  perplexed issue. had us all scratching our heads. wondered why u poped on jay2 didnt say anything an left.lol

Lol was testing my connection at different servers. Join sit in spec afk then try another 😅

• Like 1