HELP [now ETL advice]

KillmaN

I have problem with et on silent, it crashes every changing map also when put /reconnect. Before it run normal but i changed my monitor now et crash :( I reinstalled but nothing I lose all my xp :(

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hey Killman!

First; make sure you copy your etkey file from the etmain folder (Jay and NQ) and/or your silent.dat file from your silent folder. The etkey file saves your xp. So safe it somewhere (for example email it to yourself,  or put in on an usb stick.

Did you download et legacy or 2.6b?

Do you maybe have any crash/error information?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can be all of this:
1. Run the game as admin

2. Update your monitor/graphics drivers. (Sometimes if your monitor doesn't have the right driver, the game can't swtich the resolution, then it crashes).

3. Your have an unsupported resolution size in your cfg. Change it in your .cfg file or in your direct acces adding this  "+set r_mode 4" just like in the pic.

image.png.c2b21bfe5166c66426af509c5777708d.png

If nothing works., can you please add a screenshot with the error? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • 100 2

• Leader
1 hour ago, KillmaN said:

i found this file. I dont understand this crash

Near the top:

ET Version: ET 2.60b
Map: sp_delivery_te
Exception: Access violation (0xc0000005)
Exception Address: 0x300a13b7

The Last line in the file;

(0) C:\Program Files (x86)\Enemy Territory\silent\my_cgame_mp_x86.dll(dllEntry+0x1cd97) [0x300a13b7]

Here is what the "cgame_mpx86.dll" files look like in my Silent folder:  

1496237577_Silent-my-DLLs210610.JPG.256f23e47d41b6490cb1019132560f6f.JPG

Note the files sizes.  I had renamed the first file back in 2014 because of some problem.  Note how much larger it was than the "modified in 2021" version.  It also has some file-date corruption.  The 'good' one was created in 2013.

6 hours ago, KillmaN said:

I reinstalled but nothing I lose all my xp

Before reinstalling ET, always backup/copy the silent.dat and the etkey files so that you can put them back in later.  They are what ET uses to generate your PB_GUID and SILENT_GUID, which is what the servers use to store your XP-info on their databases. 

Reinstalling deletes those files and the Servers create new ones where they were.

5 hours ago, Kaasschaaf said:

First; make sure you copy your etkey file from the etmain folder (Jay and NQ) and/or your silent.dat file from your silent folder. The etkey file saves your xp. So safe it somewhere (for example email it to yourself,  or put in on an usb stick.

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

0xc0000005 this error , by google it says it some windows error.

The my_cgame_mp_x86.dll file tried to access memory that it has no rights to use.  "Access Violation" 

If KillmaN reinstalled ET, then it might be some factor outside of that program.  I have never reinstalled ET, so I cannot say for sure that it replaces all files and deletes all config files in the profile folders and elsewhere. :?:   (or even if it deletes the Mods' folders)

I would be tempted to run a scandisk to be sure that there is no HD file-system corruption or whatnot.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • 100 3

• Leader

Here is the TBS record for the name of " KillmaN  " in Chile:  https://et.trackbase.net/player/5017/

Rank TSP Rank Clan Playername Rate TSP Rate Servername Total time Last Seen
R 477 5777  KillmaN
- - 79.5d
  1h

It is past my bedtime.  Could someone look through the search results for "my_cgame_mp_x86.dll" https://fearless-assassins.com/search/?q="my_cgame_mp_x86.dll"&quick=1

Hmm, here is a post with the same error on the same DLL at exactly the same address:  "Exception Address: 0x300a13b7"   He did not say if he got it to work again, though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RedBaird said:

It is past my bedtime.  Could someone look through the search results for "my_cgame_mp_x86.dll" https://fearless-assassins.com/search/?q="my_cgame_mp_x86.dll"&quick=1

Here's someone who seems to have had the same issue. @KillmaN Maybe you can try his solution?

• Thanks 1
  • 100 2

Does your new monitor per chance have a higher resolution than your previous one, e.g. 4K instead of Full HD or WQHD?

With regards to game crashes after a monitor switch, DPI-scaling immediately comes to my mind.

Therefore I recommend disabling DPI-scaling for test purposes, you can do it either on a program per program basis or in the general windows settings.

Here's a tutorial on how to do it I've found online.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

what o/s  xp 7 or 10 run with admin privileges.

run the pak 3 cleaner .  the pak3 cleaner fixes alot of issues ..

never just try to reinstall with out coming here  first. just reinstalling et to same directory will mess it up more. an more. 

u can always manually  repair your maps too most time if u dl one and it gets corrupted it will be in your map folder with a tmp. behind it.

sounds like a bad et install.

save your guid your key and your silent dat file. 

uninstall everything et ..

reinstall here off of our site .. run as admin. 

i my self always do a /vid_restart before i join server. so all my cfg settings stay.

• Like 1

The basics when blue screens appear is to check the disk. (MHDD)

If a bluescreen appears at system startup. You can think that there is a bad sector. System

is installed at the beginning of the disk (about to 30%). That's why at system startup it

encounters boot files and gets corrupted. It is not necessarily a bad sector just logically

broken. And they can be repaired (even a bad sector) as long as they are logically broken,

not mechanically. In the case of repairing mechanical damage, you need to know that

you may not be able to recover the disk anymore.

I am not talking only about bad sectors as mechanical damage. Just about all the errors

that have been damaged mechanically. - For example, by kicking your computer.

There were cases when you opened some program and a bluescreen appeared. With one

accurate shot, you can say that there is a problem with the disk. But not necessarily, can be

corrupted system files. - For example, the system installed badly because we kicked in the

DVDrom that installed the system.

• Like 1

In case if you havent tried ET Legacy yet, do it. I bet it solves your problem. If it does solve the problem, i bet its caused by the new montitors resolution.

Edited by Vice86
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 100 1

PS. 

I also got once the same error with

my_cgame_mp_x86.dll

This was caused on the ET 2.6b by using my laptop cfg on my pc wich had a different Monitorsize. So my lappy cfg with 1920*1080 couldnt be loaded after a vid_restart or map_change on my PC, with a default resolution of 1650x1050.

I could also start in the default game mode and play, but as soon as i loaded my cfg, it crashed after a map change or a separate /vid_restart.

Thats where ET Legacy came into place and solved all my problems... It wont crash if it doesnt support the resolution, it will only show you the supported resolutions.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

• RedBaird changed the title to HELP [now ETL advice]