ET not work

Daddy

• Leader
23 hours ago, Eazy said:

Weird things is non of thoses 2 etkey match the Guid you have on your forum profile 

Etkey files contain numbers that are used as a "seed" to generate our W:ET GUIDs and are not the actual guids.

.Like a 'seed value' for a random-number generator program, I am presuming.

Edited by RedBaird
++ I am presuming line.
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• Leader
13 hours ago, Daddy said:

C:\Windows\system32/etmain

That is very strange and very wrong!  Only Windows system files should be in 'system32' and definitely not any application!  You could look in your "C:\Windows\system32\ folder and see if there is actually a copy of your etmain folder in there. 😮 

I searched the records on Jay#1 and it seems that you have had 3 different W:ET GUIDs there on 16 March! 

[removed sensitive info]

ID                      NAME            LEVEL            SEEN

[profile GUID]   Daddy                3           Tue Mar 16  07:11 
[new GUID#1]   Daddy                0           Tue Mar 16  15:11
[new GUID#2]   Daddy                0           Tue Mar 16  15:52

It looks like your ET was okay at 0711 server time, but when you returned at 1511 server time,  All Hell broke loose! 😮  It may be that your level 3 etkey/guid was somehow deleted from your etmain folder, OR that "system32\etmain" search-path caused problems.  

Why don't you go to your "wolfenstein\etmain" folder and run et.exe directly from there (as admin).  Do you normally use a shortcut to start your ET?  (Okay, it looks like Buckwild had a similar idea. :hmm).  If you run ET directly from your etmain, perhaps any "incorrect path-info" will not show up when you start ET.  Check that for that search-path line when you do start ET. 

@Daddy Are you using version 2.60b or ETLegacy?  ... it must be 2.60b, it looks like.

Are you having any troubles with other programs on your system?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RedBaird said:

That is very strange and very wrong!  Only Windows system files should be in 'system32' and definitely not any application!  You could look in your "C:\Windows\system32\ folder and see if there is actually a copy of your etmain folder in there. 😮 

I searched the records on Jay#1 and it seems that you have had 3 different W:ET GUIDs there on 16 March! 

[removed sensitive info]

ID                      NAME            LEVEL            SEEN

[profile GUID]   Daddy                3           Tue Mar 16  07:11 
[new GUID#1]   Daddy                0           Tue Mar 16  15:11
[new GUID#2]   Daddy                0           Tue Mar 16  15:52

It looks like your ET was okay at 0711 server time, but when you returned at 1511 server time,  All Hell broke loose! 😮  It may be that your level 3 etkey/guid was somehow deleted from your etmain folder, OR that "system32\etmain" search-path caused problems.  

Why don't you go to your "wolfenstein\etmain" folder and run et.exe directly from there (as admin).  Do you normally use a shortcut to start your ET?  (Okay, it looks like Buckwild had a similar idea. :hmm).  If you run ET directly from your etmain, perhaps any "incorrect path-info" will not show up when you start ET.  Check that for that search-path line when you do start ET. 

@Daddy Are you using version 2.60b or ETLegacy?  ... it must be 2.60b, it looks like.

Are you having any troubles with other programs on your system?

Hello RedBaird, it is too confuse to me, serious, i cant understand what happened with my machine....  what you say is true, i did login in ET Servers at the morning, all normal, but i needed to outoff, so, after my lunchtime, i did back and the hell started...
I always do login by desktop (shortcut) as admin, but yestarday the ET not reloaded, i waited long time, the screen stay gray etc... not sound, the circle of the mouse is turning turning in blue as he try reload the ET but nothing happen.
So, after some ask with Cocanation and Buck, i did change some modificatin in the shortcut (propoerties) and i getting into the game, but i see my xp and level trashed in the floor ... sad.
Unfortunably i dont know how i can repair it, if there is a only chance to repair and i get my xp come back and my level, i will try, but if have not chance, I prefer unistall and reinstall ... :(
If i give you my TeamView, you or some admin can take a looking?

I can do teamView if you want, send me pm here or in discord COCANATION#6234

Edited by C0C4N4T10N
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MikeSlayer said:

try using system restore to roll back your computer to before 16th when it worked properly

this also can be a good solution

• Like 2

• Leader
8 hours ago, MikeSlayer said:

try using system restore to roll back your computer to before 16th when it worked properly

7 hours ago, C0C4N4T10N said:

this also can be a good solution

Yes, given that something seemed to have messed with the system32 folder.  I wonder how long ago he did a 'system backup' via windows "system backup & restore".  Perhaps it was done automatically last Patch Tuesday?  That would not make too many changes in his system, but he might have to do the Windows Update again. 

:hmm Interesting Idea. 😄 

• Like 1

• Leader

:offtopic 

On Beginners#1?  I have read that it was fixed by a restore.  I will check it now...

12 hours ago, HEINEKEN Knife said:

My xp stil off?

''' Yes, admins and players there now say that it has been restored.  

Edited by RedBaird

Hey guys, i discovered more one problem. Here in my profile, my GUIDE is xxxxxxxx; its ok, i have took it when i entered at the forum, until here, all ok. Yesterday i discovered that have 2 etkey in ETMAIN file. One of they the last number is 854 and other is 808; Today i took the game from C:\ and moved to D:\ after it, i unistall the game.
After some minutes, I did new download from Forum 2_60b custon, and install in D:\ and the new game, and he has recovered the old two etkeys; etkey and etkey.backup (same numbers 854 and 808 last numbers of the serial) but the confuse is only started, the GUIDE has changed, now i see xxxxxxxx ........ the hell incresered in my day ... so, if i delet all files (all same, sub files, maps, jay, noq, etpub, silent) and after, install again the game, maybe i can recover my original guide? i dont know what to do now ... maybe is my end hahahaha 

Edited by RendeL
hid guids

Do you try the windows restore? 

That's maybe not the best or easier solution but that's will I do in this situation.

Take all the different etkey you have, put them in a folder ( with a folder for each one in it cause they will supress each other..) 

(Open them to see if it's a different number, so no need to test the same twice) 

Install a new ET install ( you can install it in a usb key if you want to not mess with the others installs) 

Yes there is an option who will look for the other ET install you have and put them in the new install etmain, but that's will not restore older ones.

Check in the new install you made if that's the same you already have . if yes delete them or copy them to try one etkey at the time

Try each of the etkey you have one by one to see the one have the lvls ( put each of them one by one in the etmain and lauch to game/server to see ) 

To see of it's the same guids than the one on your profile you need to do /cl_guid in your console ingame to see it 

(The numbers and letters your have when you open the etkey file are not the real guid. )

If you found the good save it everywhere you can now ;) 

Sorry for my english I hope you've understand and I hope you will found one with your xp and lvls.. 

And please try to not put your guids in public :) 

• Like 2

Hello friends, thanks so much for helps me.... @Coc4nation thank you mate for take a looking on my desktop ... so the situation is: we dont know what happened, and i will startin from zero again, not problem, it will be fun... we see in the game!!! 

• Like 2