ET Couple of questions from nubie like me!

NemesiS ODESSA

Hi to ewery-one!

Im not sure that it is correct to start topic of question in here (bag your pardo if its so) but i`ll try.

The first questions is  -  ones ive connected to some of Poland server? after some donloads and auto modifications game start menu now looking like that

Pk3 cleaner did not help. So every time i start plaing i need to connect to jay3 with console, its wery uncomfortable.

Before that it was standart menu, where F|A server was on top online and I could join it wery fast.

Can any-one tell me  how to get rid of this Polish modification? Polish language is similary to ukrainian, but not so similary 😃 

Please help!

Next 😃 question is - a poion blade (knife).

How can i get it? or what kind of class do i need to join or maybe its matter of XP?

Please tell me 😃

image.png

• Haha 1

@NemesiS ODESSA 

Pk3 clear only removes files with tmp format. You have it in the map file (etmain). This is because you are downloading files from their servers. They put that shit in the maps for better advertising.

Easy way to delete: Put all maps on the desktop. Add 10 maps to etmain and see if you still have it. You can locate this garbage this way.

If you have ET 2.60b: Watch out for the etmian profile, because you can lose xp on all servers.

Edited by FILIPE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NemesiS ODESSA said:

Hi to ewery-one!

Im not sure that it is correct to start topic of question in here (bag your pardo if its so) but i`ll try.

The first questions is  -  ones ive connected to some of Poland server? after some donloads and auto modifications game start menu now looking like that

Pk3 cleaner did not help. So every time i start plaing i need to connect to jay3 with console, its wery uncomfortable.

Before that it was standart menu, where F|A server was on top online and I could join it wery fast.

Can any-one tell me  how to get rid of this Polish modification? Polish language is similary to ukrainian, but not so similary 😃 

Please help!

How can i get it? or what kind of class do i need to join or maybe its matter of XP?

Please tell me 😃

image.png

The menus are created using "z files", so look in your ETmain folder and remove any file that starts with z and then replace with the attached one which is FA's own z file for menus and should give all FA servers.

zzzzzz_menu.pk3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, NemesiS ODESSA said:

It depends on which mod and which server you're playing. For example, in Silent mod, there is no such thing.

Throwing poison knife is for Jaymod. And in the FA servers, I think it's only available on Jay1. I assume, all classes can use it.

For your first question, check out the answer from Snuffs ;)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cross Marian said:

Throwing poison knife is for Jaymod. And in the FA servers, I think it's only available on Jay1.

We have this on Jay3(beg1) too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • 100 1

21 hours ago, Cross Marian said:

It depends on which mod and which server you're playing. For example, in Silent mod, there is no such thing.

Throwing poison knife is for Jaymod. And in the FA servers, I think it's only available on Jay1. I assume, all classes can use it.

For your first question, check out the answer from Snuffs ;)

I playing on jay3 ,  i just want to ask how to choose this knife and how to use? 😃

• Like 1

Throw Knife: Esc, Jaymod, Misc: set AlternateFire to a key

Press key and release to throw.

If You hold key down for more than one Second, It will throw faster!

Just remove pk3 files that are not maps from etmain folder...

That will get rid of that Polish menu.

Also, You may have extra pk3 files in jaymod folder(weapons and skin files).

Any that You need will be downloaded fast when You connect to a server.

Edited by Buckwild
add
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Buckwild said:

Ok, i`ll try both of this adwises 😃

On 2/26/2021 at 3:00 AM, Buckwild said:

Hi again! 

About the knife - everything works 😃  Thnx!

About zzzz files  - doesnt work... will try to remove pk3 files that are not maps 😃 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NemesiS ODESSA said:

About zzzz files  - doesnt work... will try to remove pk3 files that are not maps 😃 

Remove all the z files from all mod folders if removing from only etmain didn't help, menus are usually changed via "z" files being downloaded to your etmain folder however they can also be installed to your other mod folders so may need removing from those locations too.

FA has itself got 3-4 dif z files for dif mods that are downloaded into their respective folders.

For instance zzzzzz_menu.pk3 in etmain zz_fav7.pk3 in jaymod, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.pk3 in NQ and so on.

When removing pk3 files do not remove pak0/1/2 from your etmain or else you will have issues.

• Like 1