Help with Configuration/settings

Sparrow

Well comrades, my pc went to pc heaven, so i´m using a borrowed one....

the issue here: i cant get decent fps rate...

The Pc is this one, can someone give me some tips so i can at least run it with 60 fps?

https://icecat.biz/pt/p/acer/lx.e970x.013/extensa-notebooks-extensa+5620z-2a1g08mi-1347976.html#

seta cg_showblood "1" set to 0

seta rate "46000" cap at 45000

seta cg_bloodTime "120" set to 0

seta com_maxfps "60" i would try 43 or 76 not 60

seta r_dlightBacks "1"  set to 0

seta r_dynamiclight "1" set to 0

seta r_drawSun "1" set to 0

seta cg_shadows "1" set to 0

seta r_subdivisions "12" mines set too 999

seta r_overBrightBits "0" set to 1

seta sensitivity "29.546875 what in the hellll....o is this. i wouldnt even try to play with that sense.

also u need to set your zone hunk and sound by your load perimeter line. or it wont change.

Enemy Territory\et.exe" + set com_hunkMegs "256" + set com_zoneMegs "128" + set com_soundMegs "64"

i would try 92 for hunk 128 zone an 32 or 24 for sound. u only have 1 gig ram and im not sure how good that intergrated gpu chip is.

https://antman.info/wolf/cvar/

if u  would like u can make a video . and send to me and i can c whats up.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

seta sensitivity "29.546875 what in the hellll....o is this. i wouldnt even try to play with that sense.

I know its too high, i exceeded myself a little, i normally use 27. 😝

• Leader
31 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

seta com_maxfps "60" i would try 43 or 76 not 60

also u need to set your zone hunk and sound by your load perimeter line. or it wont change.

Enemy Territory\et.exe" + set com_hunkMegs "256" + set com_zoneMegs "128" + set com_soundMegs "64"

i would try 92 for hunk 128 zone an 32 or 24 for sound. u only have 1 gig ram and im not sure how good that intergrated gpu chip is.

His system should hold maxfps 76

Hunkmegs = 192

Zonemegs = 128

soundmegs = 24

I had a system similar and thats what i used. Also use the suggestion captn gave you and you should be good to go :)  

This should help you loads i dont think you could hit 60 fps stable with those laptop specs.

I've had a look at your etconfig.cfg file and these should be changed which will help you as stated earlier you only have 1 gb ram which is low.

seta r_customaspect 0

seta com_hunkmegs 96 (if game freezes change this to 128)

seta com_soundmegs 24

seta com_zonemegs 48 (increase this to 64/96 if u experience issues on big maps like crashes)

Make a text file then rename it to autoexec.cfg and put it in your mod folder or etmain folder and it should open when you load into game, if you see no difference then open the console with the ~ key and do /exec autoexec.cfg

seta r_mode 4

seta r_picmip 3

seta r_picmip2 3

seta r_texturemode GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST

seta r_depthbits 16

seta r_lodbias 2

seta r_vertexLight 1

seta r_dynamiclight 1

seta r_finish 0

seta com_maxfps 43

seta cg_drawfps 1

seta cg_atmosphericEffects 0

vid_restart

Edited by kYmo
  • Like 3

if u change picmip too 2 or 3 it will be blurry at far distance! but u will gain 2 to 5 fps.

u might beable to get a  more stable fps but i agree its gonna be hard to  get a solid fps . like sum of us.

an  u should lower ur res..  too. with that mouse set like that ur gonna have visual lag when moving. i had a friend just yesterday  saying he was lagging..  it was his mouse . not his pc.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 3
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

so did we help u sparrow u said on jay2 lastnite it helped? 

Well it improved it, i can now enjoy better gaming, but still cant get stable fps, and it seems on bigger maps it lags more. But it does its work, i can play a lot better. Thank you all

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

Well it improved it, i can now enjoy better gaming, but still cant get stable fps, and it seems on bigger maps it lags more. But it does its work, i can play a lot better. Thank you all

glad to help that'll be the low ram dude not much else u can do OS will be using most of that ram :(

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kYmo said:

glad to help that'll be the low ram dude not much else u can do OS will be using most of that ram :(

it sure improved, thanks mate. Gotta repair my pc.

• Love 1